Here’s some who knows how to rep designers from her own country on an international stage.

Marion Cotillard opted to wear a dress by French duo Lefranc Ferrant at the 2010 Toronto Film Festival this weekend.

She’s in town to promote her new movie “Little White Lies”.

Her LBD from Lefranc Ferrant’s Fall 2009 Couture collection is very simple apart from the flap detail on her shoulder.

Because this look is so simple I’m guessing Marion tried to add an edge to her look, by pairing her dress with Dior buckled ankle boots.

Not something I would’ve picked, but she’s making it work for her.

Credit: Elle.com & Getty

"Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time" - Michelle Monaghan In Andrew GN

“Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time” – Michelle Monaghan In Andrew GN

2010 Toronto Film Festival "The Conspirator" Premiere - Alexis Bledel In J. Mendel

2010 Toronto Film Festival “The Conspirator” Premiere – Alexis Bledel In J. Mendel

10 Responses to 2010 Toronto Film Festival “Little White Lies” Premiere – Marion Cotillard In Lefranc Ferrant

1. sara September 12, 2010 at 23:41 #

cute dress and her hair is very nice here…but these shoes are beyond horrible!

2. pipsqueak September 12, 2010 at 23:44 #

I don’t like the boots and the LBD is forgettable. But I love Marion for choosing a French label. It’s also great for A-listers like her to encourage a culture of supporting lesser known desingers. If everyone only wants the mega-brands and their knock-offs, it’s so hard on young designers in that environment to launch their careers. Marion is so cool!

3. mol September 13, 2010 at 00:46 #

Precise, cool, and sophisticated – love the hair, how it works with the dress, and the shoes add a jolt that I personally like.

4. Alicat September 13, 2010 at 00:57 #

Classy, understated and very stylish. The boots add just the right amount of edge. Her hair really suits her. Very French – tres chic.

5. mochababe73 September 13, 2010 at 02:15 #

Cute black dress, but for couture, I’m underwhelmed. Poor shoe choice. She could have worn some really kick butt heels so as not to look so boring.

6. june September 13, 2010 at 02:58 #

i’m not a fan of the shoes, but they work with the look marion is going for and the rock-edge look is one i really like on her.

7. nicky September 13, 2010 at 08:52 #

never liked boots with dresses but marion pulls this off. edgy yet sophisticated at the same time. she looks gorgeous no matter what!

8. Dorian Gray September 13, 2010 at 09:06 #

I don’t know how you’ve recognised this simple dress form this franch brand FC. You’re love for passion impresses me more and more.

I don’t love the dress but I really like the shoes.

9. wilwarin September 13, 2010 at 10:09 #

marion is my girl crush and she does look beautiful but shame for the shoes i think she could’ve done better than this.

10. Marvel September 13, 2010 at 13:24 #

Im loving the dress and the hair but I say NO to the boots