Menu

“Very Bad Cops” Paris Photocall – Eva Mendes In Christian Dior

Sometimes it’s the attitude, sometimes it’s the styling, but I get really disappointed when an amazing look is made to look ordinary off the runway.

That’s how I felt when I saw Eva Mendes her Christian Dior Fall 2010 mint dress at the “Very Bad Cops” Paris Photocall earlier today.

Her dress which she pairs with nude peep-toes appears to be longer, which maybe another factor as to why I’m not head-over heels about her look.

I can’t help feeling like something is missing, but I struggle to figure out what.

The dress doesn’t need a belt, it’s embellished enough to work without adding jewels yet I’m still missing something.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Project Runway Finale – Heidi Klum In Robert Rodriguez

Project Runway Finale – Heidi Klum In Robert Rodriguez

Michael Angel Spring 2011

Michael Angel Spring 2011

35 Responses to “Very Bad Cops” Paris Photocall – Eva Mendes In Christian Dior

1. Katie September 15, 2010 at 15:37 #

Eek i cannot believe Eva for once doesn’t look good, my granny has a dress like that…it just doesn’t work at all….

2. Ayesha September 12, 2010 at 13:01 #

perhaps it’s too long,hair and makeup – not spectacular.
    dull shoes….

3. Kiwi September 12, 2010 at 12:11 #

Length, fit, pose, hair, shoes, attitude.. everything needs changing.. the dress has such movement on the runway that she could have brought in

4. Zoe September 12, 2010 at 11:11 #

the dress is beautiful, but an odd length on eva.. and I think a different hairstyle would’ve changed the whole appearance

5. Giuseppi September 12, 2010 at 00:42 #

I completely agree with you- the look is so chic on the runway model but it goes totally flat on her

6. mochababe73 September 11, 2010 at 16:31 #

It’s definitely not the accessories. It’s that fact that the dress is hemmed at a matronly level. Eva should have worn the runway version. She was going for demure but ended up looking dowdy. Then, on top of that, Eva’s dress is not fitted like the model’s.

7. Ben September 11, 2010 at 12:13 #

You see, the runway model is woking the HELL out of this dress, and Eva is just standing there, and it needs to be shorter and more fitted

8. Tania September 11, 2010 at 12:10 #

It needs some edgey accessories!

9. Lee Ann September 11, 2010 at 11:36 #

They altered it for her and lost what the dress is about. It is actually a very beautiful dress on the runway but very difficult to wear if you are not a supermodel- unfortunately the compromise dress doesn’t work.

10. mikeijames September 11, 2010 at 10:07 #

i disagree…..i say, “BELT IT!”

11. Ev September 11, 2010 at 07:59 #

It looks like sexy lingerie/night gown on the runway, but on Eva it’s a granma-style nightie. Especially with that hair.
    The more I think about it, the less possible it seems to me for this dress to be well-translated to red carpet. Mostly because the model works THE HELL out of this dress. And I found myself shockingly liking those boots.

12. Z FASHION BLOG September 11, 2010 at 06:04 #

With these shoes, the hair and without accessories, it looks like a nightdress on her!

If you wanna wear a dress like this you should know how to accessorise!

13. Idealist September 11, 2010 at 05:35 #

I totally concur my friend, this look makes me sad! I think she’s disappointed too!

14. Nina September 11, 2010 at 05:20 #

This dress will look good only on a petit figure and thats what is missing. Looks oh so cute on the model and like a night dress on Eva.

15. nicky September 11, 2010 at 04:16 #

funny how this movie title sounds very similar to the bad lieutenant which eva also starred in. anyhow, agree with the fact tht the dress looks like a nightie. the fit is obviously missing here!

16. Amber September 11, 2010 at 02:45 #

Definitely the fit, plus the dress is wearing her, instead of the other way around. It really does scream nightie the way it looks on her, which is too bad because it’s fab on the runway.

17. Laura September 11, 2010 at 02:30 #

The modifications made make this dress so blah. And her posing doesn’t help this dress at all. You’re at a photocall, Eva. For goodness sake, act like you know your photo’s being taken.

18. dolores September 11, 2010 at 02:05 #

she for to slip off her nitie this morn.

19. Hannah September 11, 2010 at 01:29 #

It is barely the same look, the bows are more ruched, the hem is [alot] higher, the collar is bigger / the neckline is wider the embellishments look slightly darker, and there are more of them, the hem is sheer, and more even, depitethe ruching, and the dressis more fitted, the the hemismoreflouncy (clear form the photos of Vlada both backstage and on the runway). Thsi is not a good look for Eva, the coloru looks wrong, the style isnt for her body, the attitude is gone, she washed herself out even more with the shoes, the dress is missing a hand on the hip, a shorter hemline, a pony tail, darker (not black) shoes and a darker clutch, and maybe even a different ring. What the dress is really missing is some edge, to take it form nightie to chic dress.

20. Aisha A. September 11, 2010 at 00:43 #

its definatly the length and the flat hairstyle…i don’t think she needed to add anything to it..just a little brighter shoe and hair volume will do

21. RF September 11, 2010 at 00:11 #

I think that this dress doesn’t fit her properly,like it is a little big for her! 🙂

22. Linda September 10, 2010 at 23:34 #

Are those ribbons that are tightened on the model’s dress and left to hang loosly on Eva’s dress? It looks like it. She should have tightened them.

23. sushma September 10, 2010 at 23:27 #

I know what you mean. Perhaps it is because the dress is too long + it simply doesn’t fit her properly, especially around the waist and chest + her stance and the expression on her face demonstrate that she simply isn’t sure about what she is wearing and probably doesn’t like it either. Attitude can make/break an outfit, and she is definitely breaking this one. xx

24. Thomas Monks September 10, 2010 at 23:18 #

its the very blah hair wish it had more va-voom

25. Teleholic September 10, 2010 at 23:04 #

I agree. I feel like she’s not translating the spirit of the dress. I also think the nude lips and nude shoes make the entire outfit look washed out, and I wish she’d done something with her hair.

26. ami September 10, 2010 at 23:03 #

it is missing attitude and the shoe is all wrong

27. Yasmine September 10, 2010 at 22:58 #

its obviously the fit

28. Andrew Mackinnon September 10, 2010 at 22:47 #

I think it’s the two starting points of drapery half way down the skirt, that should really be placed higher up and should be more flared out. Would this not give the dress a more girly/baby-doll appearance to the dress that’s it’s lacking so much on Eva?

29. Lara September 10, 2010 at 22:45 #

looks like a nightie

• dag September 11, 2010 at 11:52 #

yeah, my grand-ma has one like that

30. Vidhya September 10, 2010 at 22:26 #

The runway model is WORKING IT. I guess the dress should be shorter , her styling different and more interesting shoes..

31. jen September 10, 2010 at 22:13 #

it looks like its just the fit. on the model its fitted & on eva its been modified into a loser one

• Emma September 11, 2010 at 06:46 #

Yeah, I don’t think it’s missing any accessories; rather, I think it’s just missing volume and proper fit. It hangs too loose on her frame, and looks so sad. 🙁

• Alina September 11, 2010 at 07:12 #

I agree + the lenght,the hair,the attitude,the shoes,everything.

32. Marvel September 10, 2010 at 22:05 #

IMO the dress is very blah on the model. I particularly dont like the dress at all. Id rather see the dress with Eva’s heels than those horrendous boots