Project Runway Finale – Jessica Simpson In Michael Kors

Jessica Simpson was the surprise guest judge at the Project Runway Finale fashion show, which was held at the Lincoln Center during New York Fashion Week this morning.

I have no problem with Jessica’s new body, but I do have a problem with the way she dresses herself.

She opted for a Michael Kors Fall 2010 dress paired with grey suede YSL Trib Two pumps.

Her sparkling beaded long sleeved dress with cut-out arms detail and ruched banded cuffs, is the most unflattering dress she could’ve picked from this collection.

The elasticated waist makes her appear wider than she is. Had she opted for a belt like the model she would’ve achieved a narrower silhouette.

Shortening the dress was the only good decision she made here.

Oh to be in the mind of Michael Kors when she saw this look.

Credit: Style.com & INFEvents

More From "A Night Of Fashion & Technology With LG Mobile Phones" Red Carpet

More From “A Night Of Fashion & Technology With LG Mobile Phones” Red Carpet

Farah Angsana Spring 2011

Farah Angsana Spring 2011

13 Responses to Project Runway Finale – Jessica Simpson In Michael Kors

1. Gail September 10, 2010 at 03:41 #

You know what I think? In person, maybe the clothes Jessica wears looks better than in pictures.

I think Jessica does casual dressing better than semi-formal and formal.

2. Anissa September 10, 2010 at 04:03 #

So agree. I’m sickened by the fact that she was the big finale guest judge…yes she is in the fashion biz but the fact that she’s almost a permanent member of the worst dressed list makes it sad that she gets to launch/end someone’s fashion business based on her “taste…”
    Ugh! Once again, tight sparkly and ill fitted.

3. Laura September 10, 2010 at 04:06 #

I’ve come to expect Jessica to wear unflattering clothes to the point where it’s a surprise if she doesn’t. But this is attrocious. Unflattering, sparkling, and paired with Trib Two’s. Can you say desperate?

And come on Lifetime, Jessica Simpson as the finale judge? What an insult to those designers. I have a feeling FC and all of the people who comment on this blog know more about fashion than Jessica Simpson.

• Alina September 10, 2010 at 08:28 #

I agree with everything you said.

ALERT ! Carey Mulligan on the cover of US Vogue.

4. bri01 September 10, 2010 at 04:12 #

Ya know, I remember a time when no one AT ALL could f*ck with Jessica on the red carpet (during her reality show days) . But now that has completely changed. But she looks ok here.

5. Moxie September 10, 2010 at 04:27 #

Just finished watching Project Runway. Did you get to see the PR show?

6. healy September 10, 2010 at 06:52 #

whats wrong with this lady? she looks stupid with her dress. Burn fat Ms JE before wearing that dress

7. bettybrandenburg September 10, 2010 at 09:06 #

I don’t think the waist is the most unflattering detail here – the cut out shoulders make her look like a prize boxer, she’s got very wide shoulders anyway and cut outs like this or halter neck necklines accentuate that. Nice legs, and the length is great on her (any shorter makes her look shtumpig)

• moja31 September 10, 2010 at 17:51 #

i’d second this big time. the shoulder cut outs are not doing her ANY favors. and the shoes are boring.

8. Marvel September 10, 2010 at 10:47 #

Her on Project Runway? I thought that was a fashion show?

She looks terrible

9. mochababe73 September 10, 2010 at 14:47 #

I am a huge Michael Kors fan, so I love the dress. Compared to what she usually wears, I think that Jessica looks pretty damn good.

10. pipsqueak September 10, 2010 at 15:54 #

Ah … why oh why? My heart is broken. Just when I thought Project Runway was getting serious, having real designers on the show this season, Kristen Bell guest-judged last night and next week is January Jones. It started to piss me off… And now the finale news! Oh gawd … I’m losing my faith in humanity. Sorry about my hissy fit! But Jessica Simpson is no designer! She doesn’t even look the look. She’s part of the pop culture trash that America exports to the world.

11. Katie September 15, 2010 at 15:47 #

I think the dress here looks cheap and tacky…it doesn’t work at all