10.09.10

Farah Angsana Spring 2011

Farah Angsana’s Spring 2011 was inspired by her homeland of Indonesia.

Green for the tropical forests. Blue defines the maritime nation. The earth tones for the colour of Indonesia’s fertile soil.

The collection had an extreme mix of elegant gowns and super short mini dresses.

Some of the minis were so short they’d make Blake Lively blush.

Farah’s intricate embroidery details was very much on display during this presentation.

Swarovski crystals, metal chains, gold beads, sequins and lace appliqués adorned many pieces.

We were presented with a corset paired with capri pants which were full embellished. Tribal print tops paired with silk leggings, cocktail dresses with feather details and a cute light blue dress with cap sleeves.

Favourites: Blue silk gown with the tulle Swarovski crystal embellished capelet and gold strapless draped gown

Front Row: JoJo

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Kelly Pickler, Giuliana Rancic, Carrie Underwood, Audrina Patridge and Blake Lively

Project Runway Finale - Jessica Simpson In Michael Kors

Project Runway Finale – Jessica Simpson In Michael Kors

In Demi Lovato's Closet - Diane von Furstenberg Ellowyn Vest

In Demi Lovato’s Closet – Diane von Furstenberg Ellowyn Vest

15 Responses to Farah Angsana Spring 2011

1. Naxonsa September 10, 2010 at 04:33 #

I’m so drawn to the gold and green minidress, and the emerald gown (not to mention the huge headpiece, stunning!). I can’t tell if it’s the thought of Blake Lively in the short dress or the fact that emerald green isn’t just for redheads anymore… Beautiful.

• healy September 10, 2010 at 09:17 #

yeah you are right. . .very elegant and so fab! like it

2. kh September 10, 2010 at 05:37 #

i want that crown/headpiece.

3. Alina September 10, 2010 at 07:02 #

Blake Lively NEEDS to wear that green/gold mini. It was made for her.

• Fashion Critic September 10, 2010 at 10:29 #

totally.

It was so short I could see the model cheeks

4. Gaber September 10, 2010 at 07:51 #

The gold gown is fantastic!
    I just hope we see it on a darker-skinned girl since I don’t think that the light-skinned girls will do it justice.

5. Anya September 10, 2010 at 09:38 #

Imagine Jennifer Aniston in that flowy emerald green gown, she’d look royalty. In fact, she’s got it in her to work any of these. If only…

6. Hannah September 10, 2010 at 11:46 #

When Isaw this post, and those beautiful dresses, I honestly thought Zoe saldana would kill everythign in this collection. Especialyl the green and gold mini, the bronze and black mini nad the gowns.

7. Camille September 10, 2010 at 13:50 #

Love the two v-neck minis and all of the gowns are beautiful. Even the print chiffon, with the right jewelry on a woman w/the right coloring could be stunning. Great collection!

8. Anissa September 10, 2010 at 15:17 #

Hmm my question is who will wear that top right mini first? Blake, a Hills girl, or a Twilight girl? Though I could also see Beyonce wanting it…

• Fanny September 14, 2010 at 21:32 #

It must be Beyonce! I feel like that dress was MADE for her.

9. Rashmi September 10, 2010 at 20:12 #

The second beige/gold mini with feathers would be perfect for Diane Kruger.. She will look great in it..

10. The Beauty Philosopher September 11, 2010 at 06:15 #

I love this collection. The Indonesian influence is obvious and it is the perfect balance of colourful ornate and Western elegance.

11. Sonia September 11, 2010 at 17:50 #

I love the green/gold dress (although it is a tad too short for my tastes) but I could totally see Jayma Mays in it, since she is known for shortening the hem of her dresses to show off her legs, I think she would look good in this dress because of the green with her red hair.

I also like the first gown with the sort of see-through sleeves. I think that gowns look good with sleeves but most sleeve gowns look like “mother of the bride” dresses but this one looks amazing.

12. vanzillaz February 14, 2011 at 10:05 #

LOVE IT…and i’m proud because farah angsana comes from same country with me…. INDONESIA!!!!!