10.09.10

Christian Siriano Spring 2011

Christian Siriano was inspired by African, Indian and Chinese influences for his Spring 2011 collection.

The silhouettes were varied. Ranging from wide-legged pants, safari shorts to structured cocktails dress to flowing evening gowns.

Siriano presented a lot of snakeskin prints in both red and blue and Safari white looks paired with tan jackets or belts.

Jackets, trenches, leather shorts and impeccably tailored pants were also presented.

The out of place – yet stunning – piece from this collection was a gunmetal grey metallic v-neck gown.

When it comes to dramatic gowns, Christian continues to excel.

The strapless tulle gown with the beaded empire waist and the red one shoulder draped finale gown received a rapturous round of applause.

I was particularly taken by the cognac strapless pleated gown which was paired with a leather belt and leather wing sleeve jacket with a zipper collar.

It not often you see a gown paired with a leather jacket, but it has a regal air to it so that means I can picture Cate Blanchett wearing this look.

Key accessories included towering Payless heels with chopstick inspired wooden heels and African-inspired gold necklaces.

Favourites: All the gowns

Front Row: Maggie Grace, Alan Cumming, Leigh Lezark, Katrina Bowden and JoJo.

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Maggie Grace, January Jones, Katrina Bowden, Christina Hendricks, Emmy Rossum, Adrienne Bailon, Leighton Meester and Miranda Cosgrove.

[nggallery id=657]

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Farah Angsana Spring 2011

Farah Angsana Spring 2011

11 Responses to Christian Siriano Spring 2011

1. bri01 September 10, 2010 at 04:15 #

WOW! and that a good one. He’s really grown as a designer. That grey gown, and the finale one is gonna have alot of celebs fighting to wear them first.

2. Alina September 10, 2010 at 07:14 #

Love this dress http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2011RTW-CSIRIANO?event=show2182&designer=design_house2897&trend=&iphoto=37#slide=37 and I really hope Beyonce will wear it. I can imagine her gorgeous skin tone against the dress colours.

AMAZING COLLECTION!

3. Gretta September 10, 2010 at 08:50 #

Totally agree with you FC about Cate Blanchett. She could possibly wear her hair similar to the model as well. Don’t see Cate enough on the red carpet. The blue printed gown is beautiful. It really reminds me of a Peter Pilotto print

4. Cheryl Wong September 10, 2010 at 12:42 #

OMG!!! This is so beautiful!!! Thanks for the amazing photos, FC! Did you get a new camera?

• Fashion Critic September 10, 2010 at 12:48 #

Yes I got an SLR. It’s bad ass.

5. Rachel September 10, 2010 at 12:54 #

He makes such great shoes! WOOOOWW And gowns too:)

6. marian September 10, 2010 at 14:18 #

beautiful. thanks for sharing!!!

7. mochababe73 September 10, 2010 at 14:51 #

I wish that I could afford one piece from his collection. He was my pick to win Project Runway the first time that I saw him with that hair. LOVE!

8. pipsqueak September 10, 2010 at 18:24 #

So breathtakingly beautiful! I was so busy blowing off steam about certain airhead that I totally missed this awesome post! I’m not really a gown person, but this collection is just so incredible, especially from a young talent. I’m excited for Christian. At least there’s some good coming out of Project Runway.

9. Jeremy September 11, 2010 at 04:05 #

I maybe not a big fan of over the top tulle but my gosh, anyone who wears that blue and black gown will be at my top ten best of the year. Please let it be Blake.

10. robbie September 12, 2010 at 18:16 #

personally i thought the last 2 were hideous, just looked like tacky barbie doll dresses. the grey one just looks like a total marchesa knock off.