Vogue’s Fashion Night Out After Party – Megan Gale In Willow

Megan Gale attended Vogue’s Fashion Night Out After Party at The Ivy in Sydney, Australia last night.

Australian model and actress is usually very stylish, but I’m not liking all of her Willow Fall 2010 ensemble.

The problem for me is her Willow draped sequin and mesh jacket.

It looks great on the runway, but it looks a little snug on Megan.

I appreicate that she may have added the jacket to add a edgy contrast to her romantically draped Willow nude skirt, but I wish she’d kept the top half simple like Becki Newton.

A nude Chanel purse and nude heels complete Megan’s look.

Credit: WWD & Getty

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Rihanna or Lara Bingle

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Rihanna or Lara Bingle

Project Runway Finale - Jessica Simpson In Michael Kors

Project Runway Finale – Jessica Simpson In Michael Kors

10 Responses to Vogue’s Fashion Night Out After Party – Megan Gale In Willow

1. Moxie September 9, 2010 at 20:24 #

The jacket and skirt go nicely together… just not on Megan Fox.

• Moxie September 9, 2010 at 20:24 #

Megan Gale. Oops. Not that Megan Fox could pull it off either…

2. mm September 9, 2010 at 21:00 #

Yes the jacket is too much with the skirt. She should’ve followed the styling on the runway.

3. Marvel September 9, 2010 at 21:33 #

I think if her boobs werent so ‘Salma Hayek’ this would have been a good look

4. mochababe73 September 9, 2010 at 22:27 #

She shouldn’t have worn that jacket with that skirt. It’s too much going on, and the eyes can’t focus anywhere.

5. Tania September 9, 2010 at 22:40 #

Too much going on!

6. Alicat September 10, 2010 at 02:08 #

The angle of the photograph does nothing for Megan Gale and shortens her look. This is a very popular skirt here in Oz and I have seen a number of ladies wearing it in various ways, and more successfully than Megan. The extension of the jacket each side over the hips adds bulk and hides the detailing and draping of the skirt. It is also a size too small. Megan is a beautiful woman with a statuesque build, and I agree with FC that it is the jacket rather than the skirt which spoils this combination.

7. Sharon September 10, 2010 at 05:40 #

The runway pieces are so beautful, but she’s made the jacket and skirt look like a band uniform. What a shame. And, once more, standing up straight could have improved her look.

8. zina September 11, 2010 at 19:14 #

as far as i understand, fashion critic is british. so please please please stop indulging the americans by calling it a purse and pants and sidewalk. Its a handbag and trousers and pavement!!!!

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2010 at 19:55 #

Last time I checked this was my site, so I think I will continue to do as I wish.