“The Romantics” New York Promo Tour – Katie Holmes In Jason Wu & Lanvin

Katie Holmes and her ever present husband Tom Cruise arrived at the New York screening of “The Romantics” in New York City yesterday.

As much as I love her Jason Wu Resort 2011 dress, she totally sucked the life out of it.

The tights are killing me but not as much as those beige Alaia pumps.

I also hate that Holmes & Yang jacket she’s wearing.

Why wear such a pretty dress if you’re going to cover 3/4 of it with that horrible jacket?

This dress deserves a second outing.

The only thing I like here is her bouncy, voluminous do.

This is more like it.

Earlier in the day Katie was allowed out on her own for her appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman”.

She wore just a simple black dress with a leopard print Lanvin Pre-Fall 2010 trench coat which was the winning factor in this look.

Her favourite Lanvin Happy bag and nude Stuart Weitzman pumps were the perfect finishing touches.

Hopefully we’ll see more of this, and less of the above.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Jaime King's Spike TV’s 'Guys Choice Awards' Smouldering Eye Makeup

Jaime King’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Awards’ Smouldering Eye Makeup

2010 Venice Film Festival "Balada Triste De Trompeta" Premiere - Paz Vega In Gucci

2010 Venice Film Festival “Balada Triste De Trompeta” Premiere – Paz Vega In Gucci

16 Responses to “The Romantics” New York Promo Tour – Katie Holmes In Jason Wu & Lanvin

1. mol September 9, 2010 at 06:56 #

thank god for the second chic look, the first is too depressing to even comment.

2. Dimitra Chouliara September 9, 2010 at 07:31 #

Although I liked the dress on the runway, it looks awful on her.
    And those sheer tights?

The second look is more like Katie. She looks really good.

3. Vania September 9, 2010 at 08:25 #

Thanks a lot..I really LOVE Katie in Lanvin!

4. Gretta September 9, 2010 at 09:02 #

The second look is so much better. Can’t believe she wore brown pumps with black tights!

5. nicky September 9, 2010 at 09:09 #

her first look was horrible. she totally ruined the dress in my opinion even though her makeup and hair was perfect. katie never had the best legs so i really think she shuld stop wearing such short dresses. her second look was muchh better. she looks so sophisticated in tht leopard jacket.

6. Julie September 9, 2010 at 09:15 #

I’m sorry to say this, but for me Katie is the perfect example that money doesn’t buy class or style, despite the fact that she seems to be a very polite and sweet person, I can’t imagine myself impressed by anything she wears…

7. gossip_bangkok September 9, 2010 at 10:14 #

I thought that the Jason Wu dress was beautiful. But Katie Holmes totally made it looked…. disgustingly horrible.

I really like her second look thought.

8. Marvel September 9, 2010 at 11:14 #

Im just gonna ignore the first look and Id advise everyone else to do so :)

9. SarahV September 9, 2010 at 11:59 #

I don’t think the first look is thát bad, but I don’t think it’s impressive either…

10. susan September 9, 2010 at 13:08 #

How can such a skinny girl make her legs look so bad??? She just bugs me.. the whole vacant eyes – looking down at the camera. And then there’s him… ick I won’t even start. Do love the Lanvin coat though.

11. Kaz September 9, 2010 at 13:17 #

Love the second look. Getting a very Jackie O vibe (playing her must have affected Katie’s style!)

LOL at being “allowed out on her own” :)

12. GirlOne September 9, 2010 at 13:27 #

The black dress has a nice cut-out back which you can slightly make out when you watch the video of her appearance on Letterman.

13. pipsqueak September 9, 2010 at 17:44 #

Love the Lanvin look. But the first one … oh, fashion was stabbed and bleeding that day. Who says Tom Cruise is gay? If he were, his wife wouldn’t dress this crazy and commit so many fashion crimes.

14. Alicat September 10, 2010 at 02:33 #

How to ruin a perfectly gorgeous dress in 3 easy steps – add a frumpy jacket, black tights and a clashing pair of shoes. Katy has heavy legs and this look makes them appear ginormous. The second look with the Lanvin coat, black dress and nude pumps is classy. Even though the dress is still short, it is a much more flattering length, and she shows that she can go “sans tights”.

15. mari September 10, 2010 at 13:09 #

How in the world can she put her name in a fashion line and even call herself kind of a designer when she goes out and dresses like this so very often?
    She sometimes gets it right, but when she dresses badly she DRESSES VERY BADLY.
    Girl cannot be called nor stylish nor a woman with poise or posture.

16. Chiara September 14, 2010 at 01:53 #