Fashion’s Night Out At Armani London – Thandie Newton In Stella McCartney

Thandie Newton looked drop-dead-gorgeous on the red carpet for the Giorgio Armani Fashion’s Night Out event in London last night.

Her mocha coloured Stella McCartney Fall 2010 dress worked well with her caramel skin tone.

This woman doesn’t know how to look bad. It’s impossible with her beauty and impeccable style.

She wore an embroidered strapless dress with a scalloped hemline plus the organza overlay which had that trademark train which is a bit longer on Thandie.

I’m not crazy about the clutch, but I love her shoe choice.

Credit: Style.com & PacificCoastNews

20 thoughts on “Fashion’s Night Out At Armani London – Thandie Newton In Stella McCartney

1. Marvel

She looks so beautiful and I am loving her heels. I think the clutch works in favour of her look as they match the lining of the heels

2. Danika

I have to say, I actually really don’t like it. The neckline seems much lower on her,and the longer train at the back combined with her accessories, I just don’t like any of it! This is a low for Thandie.

3. Moxie

Maybe it is the pose or the angle, but I just don’t like it on her as much as on the model. The sheer overdress isn’t as transparent and a lot of the details are lost. The shoes are great, but the clutch is all wrong.

4. Anissa

I want to like this, and I do on the model, but I can’t on Thandie. The length of the sheer overlay is not quite right, and I wish the top of her bodice was higher. I also want to reach out and tug her skirt down, but I’m sure that was just a momentary lapse.

5. sara

Wow this dress needs some serious iron. I like it but all those wrinkles ruined it for me. Also i find it weird Tandie’s dress tail is bigger than the runway version.

6. Nikki

Thandie is gorgeous. I think the neckline/sheer portion is too long on her though. On the model it looks shorter but on Thandie it just looks long which makes her boobs look like they possibly stop at her knees. The color is gorgeous on her and if her shoes have that peep of black on the front toe portion i don’t mind the idea of a black clutch. It edges up the softness of the dress since its a neutral color.

7. Sally

I don’t think this is a good look, and the clutch is the least of the problem. The color, cut and fit are all wrong, which is sad because she’s a phenominally beautiful woman.

8. heather

She’s absolutely gorgeous, but in this shot it looks like she’s wearing a potato sack. Maybe from a different angle?

9. Naomi

This is a beautiful dress, but I have to agree with some of the comments above – The proportions are all wrong on Thandie. The neckline is way too low, the bottom part is too short, and combined with the long train – it just looks weird and unflattering.
    Too bad, this is such a gorgeous color on her.

10. dressaddict

Yes, gorgeous dress, but wrong for her. Don’t get why some of the problems can’t be fixed (shorter back side, upper neckline, etc). But she’s incredibly beautiful…

11. Kim

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!

I will have to agree with some of the others. Unfortunately the sheer part dips a little too low in the front of the dress. :-(

12. Alicat

Have to agree with above. Neckline is too low and flattens her chest making it look droopy. Hem is too short. The lengthened dress tail looks unbalanced. I like the dress on the model although it is still too short. – but then that’s on the runway.

13. Cristina

Have to disagree. The color completely washes her out, and the dress is SO unflattering! Its wrinkly and shapeless and makes her look like her boobs are saggy. The only good thing about it is the length (in the front!) to show off her amazing legs and those shoes.

14. Camille

The hem looks stretched tight across her thighs and the neckline looks too low and is flattening her chest. Combined this give the impression the dress is too tight, too small, If the dress fit her as well as it fit the model, skimming her body rather than being stretched over it, I would like it.