“Glee” Season 2 Premiere – Lea Michele In Erdem

The first thing I said to myself when I saw Lea Michele’s wearing this Erdem Fall 2010 lace dress to the “Glee” Season 2 Premiere was “something’s missing”.

Side by side against the runway I realise it’s the belt….not the shirt.

Had Lea worn a belt and opted out of those Sergio Rossi pumps I think I would’ve really liked this look.

Alongside Jayma and Dianna, this look is very ‘meh’ and totally forgettable.

I just wanted to add that I really don’t like the JLo streaks nor the make-up.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

"Glee" Season 2 Premiere - Jayma Mays In Tadashi Shoji

“Glee” Season 2 Premiere – Jayma Mays In Tadashi Shoji

"The Romantics" New York Promo Tour - Katie Holmes In Jason Wu & Lanvin

“The Romantics” New York Promo Tour – Katie Holmes In Jason Wu & Lanvin

18 Responses to “Glee” Season 2 Premiere – Lea Michele In Erdem

1. Laura September 9, 2010 at 04:27 #

I think the ting that turns me off the most is hair and make-up. This feels like a return to Lea’s wild fashion stage and it’s because of the streaks in her hair and overdone makeup. Can you say drag queen?

The dress needed a belt not so much to give Lea shape because I do like the shape it gives her, but for height. Lea’s a shrimp so a belt might’ve made her appear taller. The shoes are…unimaginative.

2. 2c September 9, 2010 at 04:29 #

oh FC u never cease to crack me up

• Fashion Critic September 9, 2010 at 04:51 #

;)

3. Orchee September 9, 2010 at 05:55 #

This dress sort of/kind of reminds me of the Proenza Schouler Chloe Sevigny wore brilliantly a while back. Neither Lea nor the Erdem matches up.

• Fashion Critic September 9, 2010 at 11:06 #

oh yes it is very much like the Proenza Schouler dress.

• Hannah September 9, 2010 at 19:41 #

That is EXACTLY waht I thought when I saw it. I really dont like the hair and makeup, and the dress’s background is black on the runway,a nd lighter on Lea, which I don’t like. She really missed a great opportunity with this dress.

4. Ev September 9, 2010 at 06:19 #

There is something absolutely wrong with her hair and makeup, because they age her tremendously!
    Overall FC, you put it absolutely write – this look is so forgettable, and not season premiere worthy.

• Ev September 9, 2010 at 06:23 #

Oops, I meant “absolutely RIGHT”. Sorry :)

5. mol September 9, 2010 at 06:46 #

You are so right on every point – hair, makeup, belt lacking. Lea’s often one of my favorites, but lately she’s been batting zero.

6. Jeremy September 9, 2010 at 09:07 #

I believe Lea dressed herself this time. She always does well on dramatic gowns from Valli, Oscar or Zac Posen. An edgier house like Erdem requires a lot of quirkiness-which is something Lea apparently doesn’t need. And I never get why she has to pose (and act) like JLo in every freaking picture. She has something JLo can never have: talent.

7. Marvel September 9, 2010 at 11:16 #

I cant beleive she wore this. I really thought she was back on track but then she wears this. Im her biggest fan but this is a complete car crash. The dress is nice enough but hair, make-up, tan and shoes all ruin it. Hopefuly on her next red carpet outing she erases this image out of my mind

8. Ayesha September 9, 2010 at 12:09 #

lousy hair and makeup,boring dress.

9. Ally September 9, 2010 at 14:18 #

Has anyone else noticed that when she is nominated for an award that is coming up she constantly looks flawless, but as soon as the award show passes she slips back into the 40 yr old look? It is so odd. Almost makes me wonder if she has a different stylist for award season.

• Fashion Critic September 9, 2010 at 14:18 #

fair point

10. Alina September 9, 2010 at 14:44 #

This photo http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/103904862/WireImage just made my day. She tried to look sexy and flirty but she failed.

• manja September 9, 2010 at 16:51 #

O MY she looks lie a drag queen

11. Sharon September 10, 2010 at 06:16 #

Normally I love retro dresses because they bring back fond memories of my youth, but this dress, as Lea wore it, is one even I don’t want back. The runway look is so much better.

12. lou September 11, 2010 at 13:26 #

I think this look really ages her!