Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Jada Pinkett-Smith or Corinne Bailey Rae

Jada Pinkett-Smith and Corinne Bailey Rae both wore this Stella McCartney paillette-embellished dress from the Fall 2010 collection is very different ways.

Jada wore her dress to the London premiere of “Karate Kid” 2 months ago.

She opted out of the organza overlay which the model wore on the runway, as she paired her dress with Brian Atwood pumps and a silver clutch.

Corinne Bailey Rae wore the runway version to the Mercury Music Prize Awards which was held in London last night.

She paired her dress with open-toe heels and her platinum award.

As much as I loved Jada in this dress, I’m so grateful to Corinne for wearing the runway version because that organza train really adds a lot to this stunning dress.

Jada’s dress is nothing we haven’t seen before.

I also preferred Corinne’s shoe choice.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & Rex

Cushnie et Ochs Fall 2012

Cushnie et Ochs Fall 2012

Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better? Sienna Miller or Valeria Solarino

Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better? Sienna Miller or Valeria Solarino

10 Responses to Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Jada Pinkett-Smith or Corinne Bailey Rae

1. TheStyleguyde September 8, 2010 at 08:33 #

Jada’s dress is lined which allows for not showing … ones undergarments … TheStyleguyde.

• Anissa September 8, 2010 at 15:15 #

It’s hard to tell from this picture but I think that the triangle on Corinne’s dress is actually a reflection from the award she is holding and not a pantyline…

• Brooke September 8, 2010 at 16:28 #

Oh, wow; I didn’t even notice her knickers until you pointed them out… would have definitely gone for a skin toned set were I her.

I had chosen her because her hair is leagues better and her shoe choice was also superior.

• Hannah September 8, 2010 at 18:56 #

or lack thereof (slightly higher up)

2. Tamia September 8, 2010 at 13:04 #

FC.it’s my birthday on friday and it would be the best present ever to be able to vote for corinne as Bdotw. This is the best she has ever looked,love the dress on her she looks an absolute vision. She makes me proud to be a sister!adore this

• Fashion Critic September 8, 2010 at 19:33 #

An early happy birthday to you and I will squeeze her in just for you x

3. pipsqueak September 8, 2010 at 17:12 #

Definitely Corinne for the same reasons as yours! I’m happy to see a more mature Corinne on the red carpet. In my head, she’s been that carefree girl singing “Girl, put your records on, tell me your favorite song…”

4. Gretta September 9, 2010 at 01:17 #

Wow Corinne looks amazing

5. mochababe73 September 9, 2010 at 04:12 #

The dress fits Corinne better. The hair is infinitely better. Therefore, I had to choose her.

6. Chiara September 14, 2010 at 01:58 #

I like the dress better with the train… It’s weird but I do.