Fashion’s Night Out: The Show – Blake Lively In Marchesa

Blake Lively also attended “Fashion’s Night Out: The Show” at the Lincoln Center in New York City last night.

She also opted for something short and sassy.

Her Marchesa Resort 2011 yellow and sapphire fully beaded tribal strapless mini dress was worn without the matching beaded crop pants.

The curse of the black pump strikes again, which is strange considering that her dress is yellow and blue not yellow and black.

However the cuff coordinates well with her dress.

I know many of you will take issue with her beachy California simple ponytail, but I’m just grateful she wore her hair off her face for this look.

I’m so glad to see her having fun in this stunning dress on the red carpet.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

Runway To “Mine” Music Video – Taylor Swift In Reem Acra

Runway To “Mine” Music Video – Taylor Swift In Reem Acra

38 Responses to Fashion’s Night Out: The Show – Blake Lively In Marchesa

1. susan September 8, 2010 at 13:14 #

Black shoe? It’s because she doesn’t use a stylist and should. I think the dress would look better on Leighton. But she likes short and tight. Oh these kids today.

• biskachoo September 8, 2010 at 23:56 #

My thoughts exactly! When I first saw the photos days ago at justjared I kept thinking, Blake should be in Leighton’s dress and vice versa. It would’ve worked out better that way, especially with Blake’s chest.

2. Polina September 8, 2010 at 13:15 #

Totally love this dress and agree with the black pumps problem.

3. Dorian Gray September 8, 2010 at 13:19 #

No matter what she wears. I love this girl :-)

4. Linda September 8, 2010 at 13:19 #

This is a beautiful dress, very fun and colourful. I don’t mind the hair. Those boring shoes are bad, but not enough to ruin the look for me.

5. Kim September 8, 2010 at 13:27 #

I think she looks gorgeous! What a dress! Blake looks better than the model. I think it might work even better on someone with dark hair though… Where is Camilla Belle these days?

6. Marvel September 8, 2010 at 13:55 #

At first I hated the shoes with the dress but looking at the picture for the second it doesnt annoy me as much. I would have liked a different colour but the shoes doesnt take away anything from how gorgeous Blake looks.

7. amber September 8, 2010 at 14:06 #

I LOVE IT

8. jen September 8, 2010 at 14:07 #

runway shoes would ve made the outfit sexier & the ponytail would ve been completely forgiven :)))

9. nichelleevette September 8, 2010 at 14:16 #

I luuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvv this dress especially with the leggings.

10. dee September 8, 2010 at 14:23 #

She looks cute but I agree she should have went another shoe choice and not black or pumps.

11. SkirtTheIssue September 8, 2010 at 14:25 #

Love, love, love the dress, hair, make-up, cuff- but then “thud”- those shoes! They are nice shoes in of themselves, but are way too conservative for the look and the wrong colour! There are so many great shoes out there, and she would have access to them all- so why this! Urgh!

12. Alina September 8, 2010 at 14:42 #

I don’t like it. I don’t know exactly what I don’t like about this look but I’m just not buying it.

13. Shruti September 8, 2010 at 15:00 #

This is absolutely lovely. It’s a very striking dress – young and fun. Her makeup looks weird in this particular picture but from other photographs on the web looks like it was actually very natural and she looked amazing. The ponytail could have been a little more neat and the hair overall would’ve looked nice with a little more gloss and bounce but she looks stunning anyway. Really like the whole look.

14. june September 8, 2010 at 15:07 #

it feels like it’s missing something – a bolder lip or eye? or earrings? i love this dress, and i can live with the shoes, but her top half seems so bare

15. sara September 8, 2010 at 15:15 #

lovin the dress, very ethnic and the shape is cute.moreover, the yellow suits her very well…the shoes are a bit boring, but they put all the attencion in the dress!

16. gossip_bangkok September 8, 2010 at 16:10 #

Beautiful! :) I’m glad she didn’t wear the pants..

17. Jennifer September 8, 2010 at 16:26 #

Hi FC!
    I went looking at some more photos of Blake’s dress. It does have black detail in the dress, it’s just so minor that I don’t think her heels did a good enough job of picking it up because it is so minute. Hope that explains why she wore them :). Enjoy Fashion Week!

18. sujaya September 8, 2010 at 16:31 #

wow… such vibrant hues… i’l forgive her heels for that.. loving the cuff too..

19. Brooke September 8, 2010 at 16:36 #

Love the frock! I’m almost willing to forgive the shoes as she is more covered up than usual, which is appreciated. I think the casual ponytail is well-suited.

20. Kim September 8, 2010 at 17:27 #

CUTE! Flirty and fun.

21. Julie September 8, 2010 at 17:50 #

I don’t know if it’s just me, but this print makes me think too much about Alexander McQueen…

22. justme September 8, 2010 at 17:52 #

Nice dress, perfect cuff for it, shame she couldn’t pull it off.
    Her shoes did let her down but my main issue was the hair. Not only ponytails aren’t for Blake but her hair was so greasy :/

23. Jen September 8, 2010 at 17:59 #

Finally, a look I don’t despise on Blake. She always shows way too much skin for my liking. This isn’t great, but it’s a definite improvement.

24. Juliet September 8, 2010 at 18:36 #

I’m not sure why (maybe because I’m secretly in love with Blake) but I ADORE this look,can you please put it in the BDOTW poll?

• seggie September 9, 2010 at 10:23 #

I agree, love the look and I am not bother by the black shoes. I love the hair and the dress fits her perfectly. For me she is BDOTW already!!!

• Peter. September 9, 2010 at 20:08 #

DITTO!

I’m crushing on my girl Blake. She can do NO WRONG! Love this look from head to toe. And Yes, I don’t care about the black pumps when she does look this beautiful. Blake is my new Camilla Belle!!

BDOTW for sure!

25. Hannah September 8, 2010 at 18:39 #

What a stunnign dress, although I do lvo ethe change, I am not loving the look, and I hope thisisntin the BDOTWpoll (although I am sure it will be) due to the amazing week, and that the only thing I like about this look is the dress, sonot technically a look. I hate the hair, Idont like the matchy matchy cuff, and the shoes are depressing.

• mol September 9, 2010 at 07:10 #

Ditto, this dress is something that needs to be pushed, which is what happens as it appears OTR….don’t like what Blake has done at all.

26. kit September 8, 2010 at 20:43 #

Really great dress, and she does look so good excluding the terribly uninspired shoes. Though I have to say, I really would have liked to see this dress on someone who has the guts and attitude to wear the leggings too.

• Lisa September 9, 2010 at 10:19 #

Totally agree with you. She was at a fashion event and should have been a bit daring. We know she has great legs – we see them ALL THE TIME!

27. zoi September 8, 2010 at 20:45 #

Wow! i looooove her dress!
    not the pumps though- with this dress i mean!
    (are they Louboutin-Bianca? )

28. Gretta September 9, 2010 at 01:06 #

Beautiful beautiful dress. I never understand why celebs don’t take the red Louboutin sole into account when they match his shoes with their outfit. The soles always stand out a mile when they are paired with clashing colours (and not in a good way) Or am I being too pedantic?

29. Si September 9, 2010 at 03:25 #

Loved it SO much! BDOTW for me!

30. mochababe73 September 9, 2010 at 03:59 #

I REALLY like this dress. Too bad that someone as vanilla as Blake had to wear it.
    It’s styled so bad. From her make-up to her hair to her shoes is just bad. Did her little sister do her hair?

31. Ayesha September 9, 2010 at 12:19 #

i wanted to like this look but i don’t.

32. liz September 10, 2010 at 22:38 #

definately BDOTW for me so far
    only two nit picks…
    1) black shoes obviously
    2) and she had a sleeker ponytail

33. The Beauty Philosopher September 11, 2010 at 06:28 #

I love Blake’s bright, vivacious style – to me it gets stronger and more assured every time she steps onto the red carpet. Her style is so refreshing in what can sometimes feel like a sea of try-too-hard-to-be-effortlessly-elegant looks (ie lots of conservative wedding-prom styles). This dress is adorable and the pumps work only because the flash of red on the sole lifts the heavy black.