2010 Venice Film Festival “La Passione” Premiere – Noomi Rapace In Balmain

I’m sure many of you have been longing to see this Balmain Fall 2010 dress on the red carpet.

It was worn by Noomi Rapace for the “La Passione” Premiere during the 2010 Venice Film Festival on Saturday night.

“The Girl Who Played with Fire” Swedish actress donned the bold shoulder long sleeved mini dress with lackluster heels.

I’m guessing she didn’t want the look to be too edgy, therefore she compromised on the heels.

I’m liking the dress both with and without the belt.

With gives more definition.

Without doesn’t break up the gold floral beaded pattern.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In January Jones' Closet - J Brand 'Gigi' Jeans & Prada Saffiano & Tessuto Tote

In January Jones’ Closet – J Brand ‘Gigi’ Jeans & Prada Saffiano & Tessuto Tote

In Anne Heche's Closet - Zac Posen Folded Dress

In Anne Heche’s Closet – Zac Posen Folded Dress

17 Responses to 2010 Venice Film Festival “La Passione” Premiere – Noomi Rapace In Balmain

1. Carole September 6, 2010 at 16:22 #

I LOVE Noomi I Balmain!!!!!!!!

2. kit September 6, 2010 at 16:57 #

I think I’ve commented something like this before but I didn’t particularly enjoy the dresses from the fall Balmain collection, it just sort of seemed like he’d stuck to the tried and tested silhouette of his past collections. I’m sort of really hoping to see someone in the trousers or suit jackets he did.

3. Lee Ann September 6, 2010 at 17:19 #

what dress -too busy looking at the guy???? She looks good though just wish her hair had more something…

• pipsqueak September 6, 2010 at 18:15 #

Haha … me too! The dude’s hotter than she is, though I’m not crazy about his boots. Looks like she just picked him out of the catering staff. Ok … glad to see someone in Balmain, but her hair and shoes couldn’ve been better.

4. Marvel September 6, 2010 at 17:47 #

Nice dress but hate the pumps. Dont mind the colour just that they are so heavy looking

• Ev September 7, 2010 at 05:52 #

Ditto. This bold mini deserves something more creative that plain old black pumps. At the very least – a good pair of strappy sandals.

5. Gaber September 6, 2010 at 18:47 #

Hell no!
    That’s seriously unflattering.

6. faina September 6, 2010 at 18:47 #

She doesn’t have the avant garde look to pull off this style. I think it unfairly ages noomi. This is not the dress for her.

7. JJ September 6, 2010 at 20:26 #

i think the dress is really age-INappropriate for her. #jussayin

8. Anna September 6, 2010 at 21:34 #

Age inappropriate? She’s 31! Think it suits her, she looks great. And her hubby is gorgeous!

9. Ferferi in Paris September 6, 2010 at 22:16 #

Ã…h fantastiska Noomi sÃ¥ kul! It’s so nice to see our beloved Noomi becoming an international celebrity. She is such a great actress. Hollywood needs someone like her.

10. Alicat September 7, 2010 at 02:15 #

I would have preferred edgier shoes. After playing Salander, how could anything be too edgy for her? Loved the first movie and can’t wait to see the second. I won’t be bothering with the Hollywood version, however…

11. mikeijames September 7, 2010 at 05:22 #

that dress looks magnificent on her.

12. Ben September 7, 2010 at 11:36 #

LOVE it! LOVE it! Fashion Critic-can you please find a spot for her in the BDOTW poll? PLEASE?

13. kiwi September 7, 2010 at 12:14 #

FC, I am seeing this after viewing the Michelle in jason Wu post and therfore this does not make the grade.. the dress is great but she’s not pulling it off .. How can anyone wear black pumps with such a dress.????. forget abt the hair/make up etc

14. Annie Smith September 7, 2010 at 17:56 #

I think it looks great with the black high heels to the dress!
    The dress is already so much and an edgier pair of shoes would put focus on them instead not what is important. Noomi.

15. mochababe73 September 7, 2010 at 23:19 #

I love the dress. While edgy is not really my style, I still love Balmain.
    I don’t think that she’s edgy enough for this dress. Even with the shoes, she doesn’t have the persona to wear this. She should have worn Oscar de la Renta or Marchesa.