2010 Venice Film Festival “Somewhere” Premiere – Elle Fanning In Marc Jacobs

Elle Fanning is the 12 year old kid sister of Dakota Fanning.

She walked the red carpet at the 2010 Venice Film Festival for the premiere of her new movie “Somewhere”.

I totally support Elle’s stylist’s decision to put her in Marc Jacobs on a red carpet dominated by Louis Vuitton looks.

Firstly because I’ve been longing to see this adorable aqua/sky blue dress on the red carpet.

Secondly because the Louis Vuitton dresses may have been too mature for this young actress.

Marc Jacobs is more fun, cute and age appropriate for her.

Her look is paired with Marc Jacobs metallic Mary Jane pumps.

No hair extensions, no blowing kisses to the photographers.

It looks like style and class runs in the Fanning family.

This is a BDOTW worthy look for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

28 Comments
In Elle Fanning's Closet - Marc Jacobs Metallic Mary Jane Pumps

In Elle Fanning’s Closet – Marc Jacobs Metallic Mary Jane Pumps

2010 Venice Film Festival “Reign Of Assassins” Premiere – Michelle Yeoh In Alberta Ferretti

28 Responses to 2010 Venice Film Festival “Somewhere” Premiere – Elle Fanning In Marc Jacobs

1. Alina September 6, 2010 at 13:16 #

She looks lovely!

2. Kim September 6, 2010 at 13:20 #

What a gorgeous dress! And really cute appropriate shoes too.

3. Catherine September 6, 2010 at 13:21 #

She’s adorable!
    I can’t believe she’s only 12..you can just tell she’s going to be a stunner when she’s older. Doesn’t even look like she’s wearing much (if any) makeup at all.

4. Mahima September 6, 2010 at 13:22 #

beautiful!
    so much better than the other teens and tweens.
    but i would prefer the shoes in silver.

5. maria September 6, 2010 at 13:29 #

So cute! Looks like a real 12-year-old, if u know what I mean..

6. Dorian Gray September 6, 2010 at 13:33 #

Just one word: lovely.

7. Terry September 6, 2010 at 13:41 #

Very cute girl. Nice outfit.

8. mm September 6, 2010 at 13:42 #

Wow times have changed, First time i have seen a 12 year old in a strapless halter dress and heels this high. The dress is extra cute. But i need some sleeves or straps for someone this young.

9. Giuseppi September 6, 2010 at 13:54 #

I agree with you – i think the look is perfect and dressy without making look appear that she’s trying to look older than she is

love the shoes and hair

10. Angie September 6, 2010 at 13:55 #

that dress is too short!

• mari September 7, 2010 at 22:14 #

haha, I do not think her dress is too short, but she is so tall that her long legs make the dress look shorter.
      It used to happen yto me when I was that age.

11. Suzanne September 6, 2010 at 14:39 #

Very cute! Definitely BDOTW worthy.

12. Marvel September 6, 2010 at 14:52 #

I adore this look on her and I do like the shoes paired with it as it gives it an innocence. I think if a celeb who is considerably older wore the dress with those shoes, I wouldnt like the look as much as I do now

13. AJoanna September 6, 2010 at 14:55 #

Seriously people, most 12 year olds wear less than what she’s wearing right now. Get off her back. She looks amazing.

14. Missy September 6, 2010 at 15:01 #

So cute! Very refreshing. And if the reviews for “Somewhere” are any indication, she’s a talented actress too. Methinks we’ve found a new “one to watch”? Crossing my fingers!

15. nicky September 6, 2010 at 15:04 #

she really doesnt look 12 at all! she looks around dakota’s age to be honest but i think this dress totally suits her age and personality. love how adorable she looks

16. mochababe73 September 6, 2010 at 15:29 #

She looks so cute.
    This is not the first time that I have seen a girl that age in a strapless and heels. I would take it that some of you must live in small towns. I live in the 3rd largest city in America, and this is not unusual. However, I agree that it’s a little short.
    These girls must have wonderful parents because they are always dressed appropriately and not wild children.

17. gossip_bangkok September 6, 2010 at 15:30 #

Love the outfit. Very cute. I think it’s very age appropriate! :)

18. Leslie September 6, 2010 at 16:20 #

Really cute (except for the shoes, I don’t like them) and age appropriate.
    She’s floowing her sister’s steps ! As a huge fan of Dakota, I must approve.

And I agree with Nicky, she looks older than 12.

19. kit September 6, 2010 at 16:54 #

I loved this dress, such amazing detail and I love it on this girl, she keeps it fresh and young. The shoes are really cute and probably for the first time a celeb has wore a pair of shoes from that collection I actually like them. As to the issue some may have that this dress isn’t fit for a twelve year old – I have to disagree. In my opinion the dress doesn’t sexualize her in any way, so I have no uncomfortable feelings seeing her in it.

20. sara September 6, 2010 at 17:26 #

So lovely! To me is she is the second best dress at Venice, right after Kiko and her amazing Valentino.

21. pipsqueak September 6, 2010 at 17:53 #

Absolutely adorable and classy! She’s grown so much since I first came to know her in “The Door in the Floor.” She’s probably taller than her big sis now, and just as gifted.

22. kiwi September 7, 2010 at 09:44 #

She looks adorable except that the shoes should be silver in colour. I am quite surprised to know that she is 12 years old-lloks about 15-16 to me

23. Amber September 8, 2010 at 22:37 #

cute. very age-appropriate.

24. ABC a DF fan September 29, 2010 at 01:33 #

I think Elle looks absolutely perfect in this dress. I can’t wait to see this movie. Way to go Fanning Family. I love ya’ll! <3

25. Caitlin October 5, 2010 at 08:07 #

I love her, she is so adorable! I think she looks absolutely lovely in this outfit. The dress is so cute, the baby blue colour and the simple mary-jane heels bring a certain innocence to the whole look, and the simple hair and makeup (if she’s even wearing any) go perfectly. I don’t have any problem with the dress being strapless. She is just so cute!

26. Laura October 11, 2010 at 11:06 #

Oh wow! She looks so beautiful! She looks older than 12 though and I don’t mean that in a bad way.

27. Kristy November 2, 2011 at 06:57 #

I’m jealous! She looks beautiful! The model looks terrible! But Elle looks awesome!