Blake Lively For Marie Claire UK October 2010

Blake Lively dons a Chanel jumpsuit on the October 2010 cover of Marie Claire UK.

The gorgeous ‘Gossip Girl’ actress features in an amazing editorial shot by Guy Aroch wearing Victoria Beckham, Antonio Berardi and Giorgio Armani.

In her interview she tells us why she doesn’t have a stylist, why she branching out career-wise and she also tells us why she never googles herself.

This issue hit newsstands this morning.

Here are some extracts from her interview.

On her style: “I’ve always loved fashion. That’s why I don’t use a stylist. Number one, it’s such an expression of self.”

On branching out from Gossip Girl: “I’m on a very commercial show, so the last thing I want to do is a commercial movie. I wanna take risks, I don’t wanna play it safe. I mean, I could probably make more money if I did more commercial projects. It would be nice to buy an apartment but I’m 22 and I don’t need to yet.”

On romance: “At the end of the day, you’re just in any relationship. How does anybody go to work every day and come home? You just do it and it either works or it doesn’t.”

On whether she googles herself: “No. Why? I mean, I’m with myself all of the time. Why would I want to see myself in the Internet? I can look in the mirror. I think it’s destructive.”

Credit: Style.com & Guy Aroch for Marie Claire UK

2010 Venice Film Festival “Black Swan” Photocall – Natalie Portman In Miu Miu

2010 Venice Film Festival “Black Swan” Photocall – Natalie Portman In Miu Miu

2010 Venice Film Festival "Norwegian Wood" Photocall - Kiko Mizuhara In Miu Miu

2010 Venice Film Festival “Norwegian Wood” Photocall – Kiko Mizuhara In Miu Miu

27 Responses to Blake Lively For Marie Claire UK October 2010

1. Joelle September 2, 2010 at 17:21 #

She wants to take risks but fashion-wise it’s all safe. Like this shoot, nothing we haven’t seen before.

She looks gorgeous though.

• Jamie September 2, 2010 at 17:32 #

To be fair though, she was talking about her movies, not her fashion choices.

2. NOUR September 2, 2010 at 17:22 #

she looks so pretty .. i love her make up

3. jello September 2, 2010 at 17:52 #

agree!

her make up is really good

4. mm September 2, 2010 at 18:05 #

I like this shoot. She looks gorgeous. The cover is my favorite. But i think the looks chosen are way to mature for a 22 year old. I know when i was that age i had a lot more fun with clothes. I see they covered up her breast and legs.

• perfumeorpoison September 2, 2010 at 19:12 #

i like that they covered her up a bit.. it’s refreshing :) and she still looks beautiful.

5. Jones19 September 2, 2010 at 18:10 #

Ahh damn Blake Lively. She’s gorgeous and has a killer body. Oh and she’s Anna Wintour’s it girl at the moment. So jealous!

6. wilwarin September 2, 2010 at 19:00 #

i think she’s way overrated… yes she has killer body and she’s beautiful but she lacks character and talent… that said i really like the photos.

• molly September 2, 2010 at 19:18 #

I completely agree. Im kind of sick of her. But she is very pretty! and i love the VB dress! I wouldnt have pictured it on her though…

7. Jennesia September 2, 2010 at 19:04 #

I love love love the Chanel jumpsuit and the accessories are gorgeous the Giogio Armani Jacket is beautiful with its intricate details.

8. Marvel September 2, 2010 at 19:16 #

Im loving her in the Armani look the most.

Although I love her, she does contradict herself in this interview. She doesnt want to do a commercial movie? Ummm Green Lantern.. A big comic blockbuster??

• mochababe73 September 2, 2010 at 20:50 #

I was just thinking the same thing. You can’t get anymore commercial than that. What about Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

9. susan September 2, 2010 at 19:46 #

Jumpsuits! Die! Leave this earth! Sorry.. wait what were we talking about.? Oh Boobs Legsly. Yeah she’s pretty – she even kept her mouth shut in a few pictures. That’s something Jessica Simpson hasn’t been able to pull off yet!

10. mochababe73 September 2, 2010 at 20:47 #

I just don’t get why anyone is in awe of Blake Lively. Her fashion is all the same. Her photo shoots always picture her with the same facial expression. And, it appears that Blake only has one.
    She needs a stylist. A stylist would help her dress appropriately yet still retain whatever style that she thinks she has. Also, any good stylist would get her to stop outside of the box.

• Dorian Gray September 2, 2010 at 22:21 #

I love just the wai she is. Why shoul she have a stylist? Justo to look like the other girls around? I love her way to dress to impress, always.

• mochababe73 September 3, 2010 at 00:08 #

I didn’t say that she needed one to look like the other girls around. I clearly stated that a stylist would still get her to retain her style.
        There’s nothing impressive about what she wears. It’s three things: short, tight, and boob bearing.

• Dorian Gray September 3, 2010 at 09:11 #

This is your point of view and I respect it but, believe me, some thinks her style is impressive. I LOVE short, tight and boob bearing on her because she has the perfect body for these looks.

11. d September 2, 2010 at 23:45 #

i think you all need to stop hating on the dressing appropriatley thing with blake she has a hot body and looks amazing shes only 22 for christ sake and unlike other stars has never pretended to be the sweet innocent virgin, shes always put it out there

• seggie September 3, 2010 at 10:03 #

Totally agree!!! She’s gorgeous and stays natural, she is not trying to be somebody else and she is showing us that.
      If I could cover somebody’s body up, it would be Miley Cyrus or Taylor Momsen or any other try-hard who are not old enough to be sexy!!!!
      Good for you Blake!

12. gossip_bangkok September 3, 2010 at 01:18 #

I really like the photoshoot. Her make-up are so natural looking.

13. kiwi September 3, 2010 at 06:35 #

More than the clothes styling, i am in love iwth her make up.. she looks gorgeous

14. Sue Jin September 4, 2010 at 02:14 #

She looks really pretty.
    I like all the photos cept for the one where shes looking in the mirror.
    I like this better than the last last magazine shoot she did.

15. bb September 4, 2010 at 06:37 #

Oh wowwww

Now she has TWO facial expressions!!!

16. Carolina September 5, 2010 at 00:31 #

OMG!!! How gorgeous she is. She should be paying extra taxes for being so beautiful. For me she is The New Body.

17. maria September 5, 2010 at 01:07 #

who’s the photographer? amazing pics!

• maria September 5, 2010 at 01:08 #

oops just saw that you mentioned him, Guy Aroch ;)

18. Serena October 13, 2010 at 08:27 #

Beautiful, soft and seems so natural. Nice change for all the excessive exaggerated confidence out there!