Most of you hated Jessica Alba’s Dolce & Gabbana dress for the “Machete” photocall.

I’m expecting much the same reaction for her Valentino Fall 2010 Couture rise and fall dress which she wore to the 2010 Venice Film Festival “Machete” premiere, which took place last night.

It’s like her and the dress just broke up. Neither are happy, but they’re trying to put on a brave face. There’s no love here.

She should be flirty with this dress, but is seems like she’s not enjoying it at all.

The dress is as light as a feather on the runway, but so heavy on Jessica.

It gives her no waist so she looks wider than she really is.

Her “I’m just gonna take a quick shower” hair is lazy.

The earrings don’t work for me something darker would’ve been preferred.

I’m not sure who’s styling Jessica for these premiere’s I’m not liking the results.

I loved this collection and I really wish she’d stop ruining for me.

Her dress was paired with Ferragamo heels.

Credit: Style.com, Newscom & Zuma

Sidewalk Style - Victoria Beckham In Goat

Sidewalk Style – Victoria Beckham In Goat

Perry Ellis and Vanity Fair Celebrate "The Office" - Emily Blunt In Giambattista Valli

Perry Ellis and Vanity Fair Celebrate “The Office” – Emily Blunt In Giambattista Valli

47 Responses to 2010 Venice Film Festival “Machete” Premiere – Jessica Alba In Valentino Couture

1. Linda September 2, 2010 at 13:04 #

I actually like this. When I saw it my first thought was, oh, good, she finally got one right. I like the dress, shoes, hair and makeup and earrings. Each to their own :)

• maria September 2, 2010 at 13:38 #

I liked it too. She does look great, minus the earrings maybe.
      At least I think you all should give her credit for never being boring in her style choices. She never sticks to the same formula whether it comes to hairstyle, haircolor, make-up, style of clothes, shoes…

• dee September 2, 2010 at 13:51 #

I’m with you Linda. I actually like the way she looks here.

• pipsqueak September 2, 2010 at 16:02 #

Me too! I liked it and Jess looked adorable.

• N September 3, 2010 at 00:45 #

I though the same thing too!

• kiwi September 3, 2010 at 07:12 #

Completely agree, much improved and nice

2. Terry September 2, 2010 at 13:06 #

Total fail. I don’t like anything here.

3. b September 2, 2010 at 13:12 #

I absolutely like it. So i ll be disagreeing with FC on this one. Like the dress on her very much.

4. Minouche September 2, 2010 at 13:14 #

Worst Dressed Of The Year

5. Grace September 2, 2010 at 13:23 #

“I loved this collection and I really wish she’d stop ruining for me.” hahaha

Oh dear Jessica. The hair! :S

6. Kin September 2, 2010 at 13:30 #

She needs immediate help in the shoe department. As much as I admire edgy looks, her looks of pairing lady-like beautiful dresses with edgy shoes is such a killer and a fashion crime!

7. Mario September 2, 2010 at 13:31 #

Uh. This is really sad.
    She totally ruined this collection. And it was the first collection that actually looked like true Valentino.
    Again. Sad.

8. Kaz September 2, 2010 at 13:37 #

I’m with Linda on this one…. I like it.

9. Marvel September 2, 2010 at 13:43 #

I think what I dont like about this look is that she doesnt have the panache to pull off this look or any couture looks. I think someone who can pull off couture (Claire Danes) would have succeed with both Valentino looks. Shame because this is one of the few ‘mullet’ dresses that I could have liked.

10. ullis September 2, 2010 at 13:49 #

I like this! A lot! And I love the hair! Simple, yes but also very gorgeous!

11. Camille September 2, 2010 at 13:56 #

The hair: awful The earrings: totally wrong
    The dress: just doesn’t do anything for her, the color is blah when paired w/her skintone & coloring and I’m just not a big fan of the mullet dress.
    The shoes: I actually like the shoes and am so glad they aren’t those heavy black pumps everyone & their brother keeps wearing!
    She can so look better than this. Is she syling herself possibly?

12. susan September 2, 2010 at 13:58 #

It’s like she’s trying to be Chloe Sevigny. She’s too pretty for edgy. Pretty girls should wear pretty dresses – leave the edgy stuff for the girls who can pull it off.

13. DC September 2, 2010 at 14:14 #

can we have a pic of Ms.Portman please? She looked positively glowing compared to Mrs.Alba

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2010 at 14:23 #

She’s on page 2.

• DC September 2, 2010 at 16:47 #

thank you!

14. nat September 2, 2010 at 14:23 #

I completely agree. The earrings: a horrible decision.

15. june September 2, 2010 at 14:38 #

i agree with you – the dress makes her boxy and gives her no waist and she’s not accessorizing it right – this dress needs attitude and jessica looks so lacklustre. the model is about a hundred time better looking in this.

16. Melissa September 2, 2010 at 14:43 #

I disagree with you 100%. I think she’s looked amazing so far for Venice. She was a dream in the Valentino yesterday and this is gorgeous as well.

17. OST September 2, 2010 at 14:44 #

I think she pulled this off. It’s a very tough dress to wear, but I do think she should have worn her hair down.

• mol September 2, 2010 at 16:34 #

Yes, I think hair down would have helped – also, the dress is boxy through the waist, even the model looks thicker through the waist, so I’m not sure anyone can wear this in a way that makes for an hourglass figure. Interesting textures and fabric contrast though…

18. Naomi September 2, 2010 at 14:51 #

The dress is pretty nice and an interesting choice, but from the neck up it’s all wrong…

19. Vidhya September 2, 2010 at 15:08 #

oh.. i really loved this one.. maybe some lighter shoes? but so beautiful.. maybe its a grower ?? :P

20. Moxie September 2, 2010 at 15:09 #

While I don’t love the look, I don’t hate it as much as FC does.

21. Ally September 2, 2010 at 15:28 #

I don’t hate the look (the top is quite pretty and the heels are nice), but is anyone else getting tired of mullet dresses?

22. Alina September 2, 2010 at 15:56 #

HATE IT!
    I feel sorry for her – she looks so sad to be there.

23. Ruth September 2, 2010 at 16:00 #

she looks unsure of what she got herself into… literally.

24. jen September 2, 2010 at 17:16 #

i like the look. i saw many other pix online & she is smiling on almost all of them so i wouldnt go as far as saying she is not enjoing it at all. for me it doesnt look heavy but it does hide ur slim figure. as for the darker earrings, idk about that, her shoes, dress, hair, everythign is dark, so lighter earrings go well with her skin tone, they break this all brown pattern. maybe not so busy shoes would have been preffered, cuz these kinda cut leg legs in half, she looks a lil dwarfy, other than that the look is awesom :)

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2010 at 17:17 #

Just because she’s smiling that doesn’t mean she’s happy.

Her eyes show she dead bored

• jen September 2, 2010 at 17:29 #

yeah, maybe idk, it has to be really really obvious for me to get it, i m not that deep :P

• lukie September 2, 2010 at 23:14 #

She looks the way most actresses look are you a physic now FC? :)

25. Juliana September 2, 2010 at 17:28 #

Really didn’t like it. Reminds me of 90′s barbie doll dresses: short in the front, really long in the back. We can see that thing making the skirt look fluffy, but it also makes her hips look wide and strange…

26. Jones19 September 2, 2010 at 18:12 #

I really hate mullet dresses with passion. Especially ones that are so short in the front versus really long in the back. Ugh. She’s not selling it at all either.

27. michelle September 2, 2010 at 18:33 #

i like the dress just not on her.something is not quite clicking with jessica’s looks

28. lukie September 2, 2010 at 18:42 #

I actually liked this look, it wasnt amazing but i think of all her venice looks this was the best, but i also would have liked to see her in Chanel Couture (look #26 or #27 perhaps) and Dior Couture (look #13 or #17) as she attended those shows as well.

29. Maria September 2, 2010 at 18:46 #

Hello there! I’m in Venice for the Film Festival and the last night I saw Jessica before she attended the screening of “Machete”.
    She’s stunning, tall, just beautiful!
    But I have to agree with Fashion Critic: the dress wasn’t the right choice because it made her look fatter then she actually is! She was clearly uncomfortable.
    The earrings, indeed, were just great! :D

30. Jennesia September 2, 2010 at 18:54 #

The hair is questionable, it looks unkempt and I would have much preferred shoes similar to the models.

31. wilwarin September 2, 2010 at 19:09 #

i love the dress and i don’t like it on jessica… well i don’t like jessica full stop.

32. mochababe73 September 2, 2010 at 20:56 #

I really dislike these types of dresses. Add two inches then remove the tail. Short, feminine, flirty dresses look good on her.

33. moja31 September 3, 2010 at 03:59 #

she’s definitely not selling it, but i still like it. don’t love the shoes though.

34. Silvia September 3, 2010 at 18:31 #

I think she looks good and I like the dress! Idon’t think the model carries it well!