2010 Venice Film Festival “Machete” Photocall – Jessica Alba In Dolce & Gabbana

This afternoon Jessica Alba joined director Robert Rodriguez and actor Danny Trejo for the “Machete” photocall during the 2010 Venice Film Festival at the Palazzo del Casino.

After not totally falling in love with her previous look, I’m head over heels in love with her Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2010 dress.

The long sleeve floral dress is perfect for photocall.

Not too dressy, yet not too boring.

As much as I love the dress, I adore those Michael Kors buckled gladiator heels. The contrast is so sexy.

Sleek straight hair and a collection of gold bangles complete her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Jessica Alba in Houghton & Osman, Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha, Damon Wayans Jr. In Dolce & Gabbana & Daniel Radcliffe In Raf Simons

Best Dressed Of The Week – Jessica Alba in Houghton & Osman, Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha, Damon Wayans Jr. In Dolce & Gabbana & Daniel Radcliffe In Raf Simons

2010 Venice Film Festival Opening Ceremony & "Black Swan" Premiere - Afef Jnifen In Gianfranco Ferré

2010 Venice Film Festival Opening Ceremony & “Black Swan” Premiere – Afef Jnifen In Gianfranco Ferré

40 Responses to 2010 Venice Film Festival “Machete” Photocall – Jessica Alba In Dolce & Gabbana

1. wonderwool September 1, 2010 at 14:24 #

I HATE IT! She looks mumsy but I’ve never been a fan of hers!

2. Gaber September 1, 2010 at 14:29 #

First of all, the dress is bad. Way to long, the waist is to high plus the print is doing her boobs absolutely no favours.
    And then second of all, taking a picture of her from below just makes everything worse.

That’s one unflattering mess.

• Alina September 1, 2010 at 18:03 #

I agree with everything you said.

Plus she tries so hard…

• healy September 2, 2010 at 04:09 #

definitely I agree. . She’s like a nanny with her dress hahahha There’s no sign of Dulce tsk3

3. Beatrice September 1, 2010 at 14:35 #

This dress isn’t for her! And the shoes are really horrible!!

4. ullis September 1, 2010 at 14:40 #

WOW! Edgy but still chic! And I agree, its the contrast which makes the look. With normal black heels the dress would indeed look a bit mumsy, but not with sexy heels like these.

I cant get over how adorable her face is! Id kill for that smile!

5. Ju September 1, 2010 at 14:41 #

I loved the dress, but I think those heels are too heavy for it

6. Z Fashion Blog September 1, 2010 at 14:46 #

I simply adore this dress.
    It’s one of my all-time favourite Dolce & Gabbana pieces.

Perfect look!

7. dee September 1, 2010 at 14:47 #

The dress seems to be wearing her. Jessica rarely gets it right on the red carpet. I think she needs to try not to look so trendy and simplify her look. She overdoes it a lot.

• justme September 1, 2010 at 15:34 #

Ia. I see what she’s trying to do but the result rarely impresses me.

8. M.B September 1, 2010 at 14:52 #

I also feel like the dress is not for her! She’s too small to pull it off… The styling is not that bad though but I don’t like the straight hair: plain boring.

9. Dorian Gray September 1, 2010 at 14:55 #

Dear FC could you please post Isabella Ragonese in Moschino Cheap and Chic. She’s so talented. Thanks

• Fashion Critic September 1, 2010 at 15:32 #

sorry, but I’m not going to be able to feature her sorry

10. Lee Ann September 1, 2010 at 14:59 #

I lm ok with the dress mostly because of the colour but do not like the shoes with the dress-she looks like the Terminator from the knees down.

11. Moxie September 1, 2010 at 15:08 #

The dress looks like something an older woman would wear to church. The shoes are the only thing young or edgy about the look and they don’t go with the dress.

• frknielsen September 1, 2010 at 15:49 #

I agree, it looks like something my grandmother would wear – it looks better on the model though because she is taller. Hate the shoes

12. nicky September 1, 2010 at 15:09 #

the shoes really ruin the look for me…way too heavy and bulky looking. i do like her straight hair though

13. mikeijames September 1, 2010 at 15:12 #

those shoes are SO serious but she should’ve had the hemline raised on this dress….

• mol September 1, 2010 at 17:11 #

Yes, that’s the big problem for me – the dress is too long, otherwise, I like what she was going for (and boo to all photographers who shoot you from below)

14. susan September 1, 2010 at 15:28 #

I like the dress on the model. It does seem like it was altered for Alba – shortened waist maybe? I think if it hit her on the waist instead of above it, she had her hair pulled back and she wore flats or sandals with a small heel – it would have looked tons better.

• Ally September 1, 2010 at 16:18 #

Everything you said. It does seem to have been modified at the top and the skirt should have been shortened for her. The hemline hits her in an odd place.

15. Paige September 1, 2010 at 15:31 #

I like the contrast of the dress and heels, this is almost perfect editorial type styling for me but I agree with dee that this looks seems to be wearing Jessica, it is so close yet so far for me, I don’t think she has the attitude or look required to pull it off.

16. Kim September 1, 2010 at 15:32 #

I don’t like the dress and dislike the shoes even more for that outfit.

17. Shruti September 1, 2010 at 15:36 #

The shoes are too heavy for this look. Dunno if they’re just ugly in general as they might work with an edgier outfit but here they look like they’re from a prison inmate collection. Her shoe choices have been unfortunate for her last three or so appearances. Not too crazy about the dress either and don’t think it fits her right with the way it’s stretching under her raised arm. However, lighter heels might’ve made the look semi-decent.

18. june September 1, 2010 at 15:37 #

unfortunately i think those heels are ugly as sin. they’re so clunky ):

19. Lara September 1, 2010 at 16:53 #

Who is her stylist?
    I really like most of her outfits this year. Not this one through

20. Amber September 1, 2010 at 17:08 #

The dress needs to be shorter. And i don’t like the shoes with it.

21. Caroline September 1, 2010 at 17:08 #

I love it! Definitely BDOTW contender for me!

22. pipsqueak September 1, 2010 at 17:41 #

The dress could’ve been shorter. But all in all, I like the look. Machete seems like a bad movie with a cult following – typical Robert Rodriguez stuff.

23. Jane September 1, 2010 at 18:22 #

Oh man, I’m kind of disappointed that nobody seems to like this. I love it, I love the somewhat refined length, and them bam! those fantastic (Michael Kors fall 2010, I think ;)) heels. I completely disagree with anybody who wishes for the dress to have been shortened…this wouldn’t have been nearly so stand-out for me if the dress has been modified to a cutesy length. I’ll be looking at these pictures for a while I’m sure.

• Fashion Critic September 1, 2010 at 18:27 #

I feel the same way.

I think she looks good

24. Little J September 1, 2010 at 18:36 #

It’s a beautiful dress, and mixing girly and edgy is my look too!

She’s standing in an awkward position, look at her hips and legs, and the photo was taken from below so I think that’s why the dress looks “off”. If she were standing straight and the photo was taken higher up then I think we could all appreciate how stunning it is.

25. Ev September 1, 2010 at 19:51 #

I like the dress but I don’t like the print. It looks cheap. Her heels make for a good contrast but they look like two casts that doctors put on broken ankles.

26. Marvel September 1, 2010 at 21:59 #

I like the dress but wish she would have raised the hemline to make it less mumsy. NOT a fan of the heels at all

27. kiwi September 2, 2010 at 06:34 #

Oh my God! Those shoes are super ugly.. they ruin the look

28. Ayesha September 2, 2010 at 07:26 #

definitely BDOTW worthy for me………..and i am sooo loving her hair!

29. Catherine September 2, 2010 at 19:02 #

I can’t believe people hate this so much! I think this is one of my favorite new Jessica outfits so far! I love it!

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2010 at 19:05 #

ditto

• Silvia September 3, 2010 at 18:24 #

I loved it! I don’t get how people don’t like this!

30. lou September 3, 2010 at 00:11 #

I don’t like the dress at all, so not really enjoying Jessica in it. My, she does love chunky shoes.