My first loves are fashion and football (soccer).

Anna Wintour’s are fashion and tennis.

The tennis groupie who wishes she had a better backhand attended the US Open Tennis Championships Opening Night Ceremony at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center yesterday in Queens, New York.

Editor-In-Chief of American Vogue wore a beautiful Oscar de la Renta Resort 2011 dress.

The sleeveless dress with a navy shattered tile print is slightly modified around the neckline to give Anna more coverage.

Anna applied the usual accessories to her look which included her favourite kitten heels, glassed beaded necklace and trademark shades.

What a refreshingly summery look.

Let’s pray Roger Federer goes all the way so we can get to see more summery looks from Ms Wintour.

Credit: Style.com & Rex

In Rose Byrne's Closet - Vanessa Bruno Grey Melange Drape Dress

In Rose Byrne’s Closet – Vanessa Bruno Grey Melange Drape Dress

In Vanessa Minnillo's Closet - Gypsy 05 Bubble Soul Tee

In Vanessa Minnillo’s Closet – Gypsy 05 Bubble Soul Tee

20 Responses to US Open Tennis Championships Opening Night Ceremony – Anna Wintour In Oscar de la Renta

1. Leah August 31, 2010 at 17:16 #

Anna Wintour has impeccable taste in all things besides her taste in tennis players, honestly, roger federer?

• Vidhya August 31, 2010 at 19:22 #

;) u’d prefer Nadal? love her look tho.. she shud b weaned of the glass beads and find smething new.. :(

2. pipsqueak August 31, 2010 at 17:51 #

Beautiful! Anna “modeled” quite a few floral dresses in The September Issue. My mom loved them so much she started to copy Anna’s wardrobe except hers is the mass market version. Together they could do a “Deals and Steals” editorial ,-)

3. Silvia August 31, 2010 at 18:04 #

“My first loves are fashion and football (soccer).” …. I’m not alone!

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2010 at 18:06 #

nope :)

4. sara August 31, 2010 at 19:08 #

whatever she wears the result is always the same, it’s like she always used the same dress!

• Sarah August 31, 2010 at 19:13 #

Agreed. I find her incredibly boring.

• a August 31, 2010 at 19:35 #

i share the same sentiments. she’s stuck in a rut.

• Raquel August 31, 2010 at 23:38 #

Exactly.

• manja September 1, 2010 at 16:43 #

AGREED

• Kaya August 31, 2010 at 19:27 #

I was just about to respond with a similiar comment, she always dresses polished, but never anything new

5. Kristen August 31, 2010 at 20:09 #

And she alters runway dresses to be almost exactly the same! Always with the same neckline, hemline and cap sleeve! Why not just have someone make you dresses specifically?!

6. moja31 August 31, 2010 at 20:21 #

she was interviewed on espn last night during federer’s match; she talked a bit about tennis and fashion, and revealed that she wears prada sport to play tennis every morning. it was such an anna wintour interview, she cracks me up.

i like her neckline better here, but i like the crinoline peeking out on the original hem (though that would understandably be too frou frou for ms. wintour’s purposes)

7. LeeAnn August 31, 2010 at 22:25 #

what is it with those chris cross kitten heeled shoes ?who the hell makes them and why does she always wear them?.

8. Shannon August 31, 2010 at 23:28 #

I actually love that she has perfected a look and sticks with it. Her dresses are so gorgeous. I would love to see more of them here.

9. mol September 1, 2010 at 02:28 #

I think Ms Wintour is very smart, very canny, but not very creative – I saw that in the September issue – she can drive people and seems to have a good business head, but she keeps demanding the actual new ideas from those who work for her (one could say, I guess, that’s her job – to pull the best out of her employees)…..but to me, her creative dullness shows in the way she dresses, completely (even painfully) appropriate, but no real spark (like CR of french vogue for example, whom I love seeing). And like Lee Anne, i really DO want to know more about her shoes, her crazy silly looking shoes.

10. Victor September 1, 2010 at 03:55 #

Seriously, I don’t get it. Don’t get when people says this woman dress ok.
    Nice dresses but.. Hate those shoes and that hair and those glasses.. awful

11. kiwi September 1, 2010 at 07:04 #

Beautiful dress. terrible shoe, she can get better designs in kitten heels than these ones.. her arms look very weird in this pic.. I hate it that she wears sunglasses all the time..

12. manja September 1, 2010 at 16:48 #

always the same,hate the shoes,terrible looking things.

13. Marvel September 1, 2010 at 22:08 #

Nice dress on Anna but we have seen this style/fit before