31.08.10 Sidewalk Style

Sidewalk Style – Drew Barrymore In Current/Elliott

I initially downloaded this picture to do a post on Drew Barrymore wearing a Chloé Spring 2010 denim shirt, but on closer inspection the shirt wasn’t by Chloé.

Drew was spotted out and about in NoHo, New York earlier today sporting this off-duty look which actually includes a Current/Elliott two-tone blue denim shirt which they call ‘The Perfect Shirt’.

With the sleeves rolled up she wore her shirt with a full-length white gypsy skirt under a brown belt which she paired with a colourful embroidered bag, Samantha Willis ring and raybans for her downtown urban/gypsy look.

I surprisingly like the shirt, but I do not love the skirt with the shirt.

How do you feel about Drew’s off-duty look?

Drew’s ‘Perfect Shirt’ is available to purchase from Net-A-Porter, S|sense and Revolve Clothing.

Credit: Rex

Miranda Kerr In Equipment – Out In Sydney

Miranda Kerr In Equipment – Out In Sydney

Sidewalk Style - Victoria Beckham In Goat

Sidewalk Style – Victoria Beckham In Goat

23 Responses to Sidewalk Style – Drew Barrymore In Current/Elliott

1. Caroline August 31, 2010 at 18:28 #

I think I would’ve hated it on anyone BUT Drew (and maybe Nicole Richie). :)

2. Naomie August 31, 2010 at 18:47 #

That is one cool look. A strong 70`s vibe, but it doesn’t feel forced or costume-y. I like it a lot.

3. wilwarin August 31, 2010 at 19:08 #

i love it… i love maxi skirts and everything about this look belt, shirt and ring is great touch… the only thing that bothers me is the bag.

4. sar August 31, 2010 at 19:09 #

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!! THIS IS WHAT FASHION IS ABOUT!!! SETTING TRENDS AND LOOKS THAT WE HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE …WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME ANYONE SAW A DENIM SHIRT PAIRED W A WHITE MAXI SKIRT???? I LOVEEE IT! HOPEFULLY DREW WILL KEEP SHUTTING IT DOWN!!!

• Jackie September 2, 2010 at 07:01 #

seriously?

• sar September 2, 2010 at 23:48 #

yes!!!! why you dont think she looks absolutely awesome?? she looks beyond cool like she just threw it on and i honestly think the looks is new and fresh because we havent seen someone do this type of pairing before

• Jackie September 3, 2010 at 17:58 #

i think she looks good! but i don’t feel like it’s something new. i can’t think of any examples off the top of my head (not that i can ever) but i reallllly wouldn’t call this new and fresh.

• Jackie September 3, 2010 at 18:08 #

found it: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete /slideshow/S2010RTW-DG?event=show198 2&designer=design_house223&trend=&iphoto=61

5. Vidhya August 31, 2010 at 19:11 #

i feel sorry for the beautiful “perfect shirt”. It cries .. :P

6. Ashley August 31, 2010 at 19:20 #

I love this. If I remember correctly Drew has a new stylist? Bravo, new stylist. Drew has such a flower child vibe about her anyways and this just plays up her fun personality. I think she looks great. It’s cool, laid back and still feminine. Love it! Drew is one of my favorites!

• Thaysa August 31, 2010 at 19:45 #

I agree! I love this too.

7. pipsqueak August 31, 2010 at 20:13 #

I like the shirt but not the skirt or belt. There are so many cool looks she could’ve created with the denim shirt, but she opted for none. Instead, she looked like a medical herbalist who also runs a head shop.

8. morella August 31, 2010 at 21:10 #

.. beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this outfit!!! great Drew!!!!!!!!!!! :D

9. Taylor August 31, 2010 at 21:40 #

Love everything about it.

10. Raquel August 31, 2010 at 23:15 #

I love everything about it and the white skirt is so refreshing. The so-called perfect denin shirt could fit better. But I love the whole look and whoever said only Drew and Nicole Ritchie could make this work is right.

11. Raquel August 31, 2010 at 23:29 #

I forgot to say one thing: Drew looks sooo much like Lisa Marie Presleyin those shots.

12. Angela September 1, 2010 at 01:57 #

I really love her white skirt!! Where is it from? :)

13. Cristina September 1, 2010 at 05:25 #

Trends we’ve never seen before? This styling of denim shirt, wide brown belt and slim ruffly skirt is vintage Ralph Lauren.

Drew looks great, just wish she’d chosen a different bag.

14. kiwi September 1, 2010 at 07:00 #

I diasgree with the others.. the 2 pieces, nice on their own, do not work well together.. I love the skirt and the belt but with a different top.. not so hot on the denim shirt

15. Lisa September 1, 2010 at 09:46 #

Erm. Hate to rain on Drew’s parade here but this look just reminds me of what Martine McCuctcheon is wearing in those god awful yoghurt adverts

16. susan September 1, 2010 at 15:55 #

If you squint just so – it kind of looks like the black box over the eyes in the Glamour Fashion Don’t section.

17. Carolina September 1, 2010 at 20:37 #

i have to hate it i have not liked any full look ive seen from berrynore

18. Marvel September 1, 2010 at 22:09 #

Not loving Drew style recently. Bring back her Grey Garden promotional tour outfits!