7th Annual Rock The Bells Festival – Lauryn Hill In Alexandre Herchcovitch

Singer Lauryn Hill made her comeback at the 7th Annual Rock The Bells Festival on Governors Island in New York this weekend.

She began her set with a performance of the Fugee classic “Fu-Gee-La” which would’ve sent the crowds insane.

Lauryn also performed a special rendition of “To Zion” and was joined onstage by all of her children.

Her look for her performance wasn’t skimpy as we’ve come to expect from several artists.

A grey jeweled embellished Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall 2010 oversized dress was paired with Alexander McQueen Celtic lace leggings and a white beret.

Despite the embellishments on the dress, Lauryn added a large pendent necklace, a few rings and a selection of gold bangles.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Lauryn Hill’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Celtic lace leggings

In Lauryn Hill’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Celtic lace leggings

HBO’s Annual Emmy Awards Party – Anne Heche In Jolibe

HBO’s Annual Emmy Awards Party – Anne Heche In Jolibe

12 Responses to 7th Annual Rock The Bells Festival – Lauryn Hill In Alexandre Herchcovitch

1. FelipeA August 31, 2010 at 22:50 #

Dear God!!! I’ve been waiting for quite some time to see an Alexandre Herchcovitch anything on a celebrity, and this happens. She looks homelessm and i like Lauryn Hill alot. Wish she would’ve worn look 8 or 15, or 14 for fun.

2. Pablo August 31, 2010 at 22:56 #

OMG!! I confess I’m not going to comment on the styling!! I just want to say I’m a huge Lauryn Hill fan and I’m so excited to see her again!! Will this appearance mean she may be going back to the music scene?? Fingers crossed!! :)

• FelipeA September 1, 2010 at 00:41 #

i think so pablo. she has a concert scheduled here in brazil. more than one, if i’m not mistaken

• Pablo September 1, 2010 at 08:05 #

Cool! Thanx!

3. Tania September 1, 2010 at 00:20 #

I’m so glad she’s back that on this occassion her clothes do not matter to me!

4. mol September 1, 2010 at 00:46 #

Could have been a quirky interesting thing to see on someone, but the styling seems all wrong – the beret, pendent and tights seem to work against allowing the dress to say anything of interest……but I’m thrilled if Lauryn is coming back, I loved her a lot.

5. Puma September 1, 2010 at 02:08 #

@FelipeA: ummm…was that supposed to be english? What the hell are you trying to say?
    What’s funny is all of her outfits are designer pieces?

Interesting that people are slowly catching on. The piece is not brilliant. It looks just as weird on her as it does on the runway model.

6. The Mark Anthony September 1, 2010 at 02:24 #

I think, for Lauryn, she hit it out of the ball park…do you remember how frumpy she used to look? I think this works very well with her persona.
    I LOVE YOU LAURYN, so good to see u back. the youth of today need real role models and meaningful music, enough with katy perry and her stupidities and horrible songs like the “i wanna see your peacock

7. pipsqueak September 1, 2010 at 02:53 #

Whoa, Oprah serving at the local soup kitchen! I liked Lauryn in the 90s and thought she was a gifted musician. But she seems like such a lost soul…

8. Victor September 1, 2010 at 03:44 #

Love to see celebrities in brazilian designers!

9. dee September 1, 2010 at 14:50 #

Awful. Too much going on and it makes her look older than what she is.

10. Juliana September 1, 2010 at 23:22 #

I’m brazillian, and I never got what’s so incredible in Alexandre Herchcovitch that everyone here talks about. I’m sorry, but I think it’s a little overrated…