30.08.10

2010 Emmy Awards – Sofia Vergara In Carolina Herrera

Most Disappointing Award
Sofia Vergara really let me down on the red carpet at the 2010 Emmy Awards tonight.

The colour of her Carolina Herrera gown is gorgeous against her glowing skin, but I really didn’t like the sequin embellishments.

This is coming from someone who loves embellishments and sequins on the red carpet.

The sequins taken this lemon gown on at trip to tackyville unfortunately.

I tried to love it, but I couldn’t find an ouch of love for this gown.

Credit: Fame Pictures

2010 Emmy Awards - Lea Michele In Oscar de la Renta

2010 Emmy Awards – Lea Michele In Oscar de la Renta

2010 Emmy Awards - Julianna Margulies In L'Wren Scott

2010 Emmy Awards – Julianna Margulies In L’Wren Scott

20 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Sofia Vergara In Carolina Herrera

1. Kaya August 30, 2010 at 02:54 #

I could see how it could look tacky, from far I love the dress though

2. Laura August 30, 2010 at 02:55 #

The color is great but something about the cut and the sequin combo isn’t doing it for me. The proportions of her body don’t look right. And the stripe of jewels down the middle is awful. One of the few I don’t like.

3. Nick August 30, 2010 at 03:11 #

ARRRGH! i hate it with passion.. she is such a beautiful woman with so much sex appeal and charisma and this gown is such a waste. Instead of being Emmy red carpet this gown is giving me flashes of a tacky 80s gameshow co-host

4. Dirk August 30, 2010 at 03:28 #

It looks WAY better on TV. So much more flattering.

5. mari August 30, 2010 at 04:15 #

I like the vertical line, since it gives the illusion of a more stylized silhouette

6. Leo August 30, 2010 at 04:32 #

Tacky! This reads pageant queen to me, she has such an amazing body but it’s so not seen her.

7. Alina August 30, 2010 at 05:53 #

I’m starting to have a problem with her hair.

8. JacobGH August 30, 2010 at 06:28 #

Ugh definitely one of the WORST dressed of the event. Such a shame, Sofia is so beautiful :(

9. hally August 30, 2010 at 07:26 #

i can’t believe this is carolina herrera, it looks so cheap! and it doesn’t do her amazing body any favors, the boob area just looks weird! and oh, sofia, sofia, i love your hair, i really do, i wish my hair looked like yours, but please put it up next time when you wear a gown, because its just too much!

10. Mandy August 30, 2010 at 09:09 #

I disagree. I love the dress on her. Gorgeous!!

11. JJ August 30, 2010 at 10:01 #

The fit under the bust is an issue, otherwise its an OK dress.

12. kiwi August 30, 2010 at 10:52 #

Its that horrible vertical line that makes it look so tacky

13. Camille August 30, 2010 at 15:17 #

I really hated this. It reminds me of a big piece of fruit, tho for the life of me I can’t name it. Sofia is such a gorgeous vibrant woman and this dress is just so bland and tacky looking. Ugh,

• Deborah August 30, 2010 at 23:14 #

Exactly, tacky! That´s what I thought when the camera gave a close up!

14. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 23:14 #

We have seen this dress before, nothing new. She seems to always go for this type of dress. I dont like the hair either, it´s so “Kim kardashian running errands on a wednesday”. She should have done something diferent, pull it up or something…

15. Sharon August 31, 2010 at 02:42 #

I love almost any shade of yellow, so I was excited when I caught a glimpse of this dress. Unfortunately, when I saw the whole thing, it looked like a banana with the brown stripe running down the front. Could have been amazing, but it isn’t.

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2010 at 07:41 #

thank you.

I was trying to figure out what this reminded me of and you are right a banana

• shubby doo August 31, 2010 at 19:23 #

‘banana with the brown stripe running down the front’

completely co-sign that analogy…cos it just doesnt work on the red carpet…it’s a shame

16. mochababe73 August 31, 2010 at 03:54 #

There is no doubt that her body looks amazing in it. I don’t find the dress to be that bad. I am thinking that if the sequins were a different color then the dress would look better.

17. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 13:27 #

I do like the colour but I dont like the vertical sequin line. But other than that I think she looks great although I do wish she would do something with her hair once in a while