30.08.10

2010 Emmy Awards – Final Round Up

Before I seek to employ Paul the Octopus to decided the Top 10 Best Dressed looks of the night, here are the final looks from the 2010 Emmy Awards.

You’ll have to go back several pages to see what everyone else wore.

Keri Russell wore a hot pink pleated chiffon vintage Jean Louis Scherrer Haute Couture gown from Decades.

Her look was well accessorized with Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ heels, a Judith Leiber clutch, Cathy Waterman jewels, and Jennifer Behr floral hair accessory.

Lauren Bosworth opted for a secretary chic look wearing a classic green Karen Caldwell with white peep toes.

Stephanie Pratt went for a more Bridget Bardot vibe.

I love the hair, but her Guess by Marciano dress is more MTV Music Awards than the Emmy Awards.

Her mini dress had a black lace trim neckline and billowy sleeves to fulfill her ’60s style brief.

“True Blood” actress Rutina Welsey made full use of the side split in her hand-painted Douglas Annette gown which paired with Louboutin heels and Martin Katz jewels.

“Perfect Couples” actress Olivia Munn wore a red strapless Zac Posen gown.

Cheryl Hines also wore Zac Posen but she opted for a one shoulder silver gown.

“Dexter” actress Jennifer Carpenter dazzled in a single-sleeved gunmetal sequin Oday Shakar gown and Martin Katz jewels.

Who was your best dressed at the 2010 Emmy’s?

This is your last chance to get ensure your favourite gets picked.

Credit: Fame Pictures

2010 Emmy Awards - Glee Girls

2010 Emmy Awards – Glee Girls

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2010 Emmy Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2010 Emmy Awards?

57 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Final Round Up

1. Iulia C. August 30, 2010 at 16:01 #

How about Anna Paquin? Bold, trendy and sexy at the same time.

2. Jones19 August 30, 2010 at 16:02 #

No Nina Dobrev? I thought she looked stunning on the red carpet and she’s not featured anywhere. *sadface*

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 16:03 #

Eh?????

Nina is 3 posts down wearing Zuhair Murad

I’m guessing from all this Nina Dobrev obsession that she has a huge fanbase.

• Kitty August 30, 2010 at 17:19 #

She looks fantastic but who is she? I’ve never heard of her.

• Shemah August 30, 2010 at 18:36 #

She’s an actress on the CW show, Vampire Diaries which will resume with it’s 2nd season in September. Vampires.. huge fanbase… shocker! haha!

• Jones19 August 31, 2010 at 18:42 #

How did I miss that? My head must be screwed on wrong :D Off to check it out.

3. susan August 30, 2010 at 16:03 #

I love Rutina. She’s the whole reason why I watch True Blood – she’s great!

I also love Jennifer Carpenter’s dress – although it’s a little winter-ish for an August extravaganza. It fits her like a glove.

4. Diana August 30, 2010 at 16:06 #

I’m going to put in a plug for Rutina Welsey :)

5. Barbara August 30, 2010 at 16:07 #

jennifer carpenter,lea michele,kyra sedgwick and diana agron were the most beuatiful!

6. miwa August 30, 2010 at 16:10 #

Jennifer Carpenter looks stunning. She has a great body. She was definitely one of my favorites.

• shubby doo August 31, 2010 at 19:15 #

agreed. she looks stunning…the others looks in this particular post …errr…not so much

7. Megan August 30, 2010 at 16:12 #

I absolutely loved Kyra’s gown. I also think Olivia Munn’s gown is beautiful but she doesn’t add any personality to it, and it suffers for that. And of the sparkly dress-wearers, Brittany from Glee looked looked the the most flawless.

8. Lance August 30, 2010 at 16:13 #

Can we get an ID for Jennifer Carpenter’s dress FC?? I can’t figure it out, and it’s driving me crazy!

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 16:19 #

Can’t figure it out either

9. Dorian Gray August 30, 2010 at 16:16 #

My best one was January Jones, in spite of the shoes.
    FC THANKS for your hard work, you’re posting from yesterday with a passion that is the real fuel of this blog.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 16:19 #

thanks Dorian x

10. Megan August 30, 2010 at 16:16 #

Sorry, I couldn’t remember her name..Brittany from Glee would be Heather Morris. Also thought Jenna Fisher, Rose Byrne, Carrie Preston, and Christina Hendricks looked great. Whoo, hard to narrow down! FC you have quite the job ahead of you as so many people looked stunning.

11. Chiara August 30, 2010 at 16:17 #

Keri Russell is looking amazing!
    She is one of my favourites with Rose Byrne, Claire Danes,Dianna Agron and Rita Wilson :)

12. Terry August 30, 2010 at 16:18 #

Lo Bosworth looked like my grandmother. I am not digging this secretary look on her at all :(

13. Monkey August 30, 2010 at 16:23 #

Amazing coverage FC! You have really outdone yourself. :D

I cannot possibly choose out of them all.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 16:30 #

thanks :D

14. marian August 30, 2010 at 16:24 #

my faves were kelly osbourne, jenna fischer, carrie preston, dianna agron and maria menounos. i think they all killed it.

15. Jackie August 30, 2010 at 16:29 #

My fav was Lea Michele

16. Moxie August 30, 2010 at 16:30 #

I like Keri Russell’s dress, but the fit isn’t right around the bust.

17. Charlotte August 30, 2010 at 16:31 #

I loved Lea Michele! I love how she wore a stunning gown and get still had that sweet smile! I loved her hair and necklace!

FC, you have really out done yourself this time! Thank you so much for all your hard work. I can tell you are really passionate about what you do! :)

• Charlotte August 30, 2010 at 16:36 #

Oh, my top 10 would be (in no particular order)
      Lea Michele
      Claire Danes
      Emily Blunt
      Diana Argon
      Maria Menounos
      Jayma Mays
      Nina Dobrev
      Julie Benz
      Jenna Fischer
      Susan Sarandon

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 16:36 #

thanks Charlotte.

I was so fun because so many looked great

18. erik August 30, 2010 at 16:33 #

Thank you so much for these post, It’s such an easy way to see the look from the Emmy’s! This is why I keep coming back you website :) For best dressed I have to say Mariska Hargitay. I’ve always been a fan of her, on TV and also on the red carpet and I think she looked devine in her Vera Wang dress. You should definitly consired placing her in the poll, thank you!

19. annelise August 30, 2010 at 16:38 #

For me it just has to be Dianna Agron. Her Carolina Herrera dress was exquisite and the styling was just spot on, overall she was perfection. But I have to give props to Toni Collette, her gown was just stunning and she really did surprise me with her choice, I have to admit I was expecting something much plainer from her.

20. JJovana August 30, 2010 at 16:40 #

Lo Bosworth looks like an old lady. I think shes year younger than me, but looks 40 in comparison. What an awful dress, even worse hair.

Jennifer Carpenter looks pretty amazing. Maybe im in minority, but Im loving Kerri Russell. Fun and flirty, great color, risky length and effortless hair. She brought freshness to the carpet.

21. Catarina August 30, 2010 at 16:42 #

What about Tina Fey? I absolutelly loved her in that dress. I always think she is underapreciated. She was one of the best dressed for me. What do you think, FC?

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 16:59 #

she looked great, but not sure she is top 10 material.

22. tiffany August 30, 2010 at 16:45 #

Ohhhh i just LOVE award season and this site!!! I go to bed reading red carpet and wake up looking for the updates :-) Lea Michele shines and Kyra Sedgwick wowed but by farrrrrrr Rose Byrne in Gucci was the most outstanding for me. Hair, accessories, makeup—she worked it all and all i keep thinking of when i look at her is that “white moment” rachel zoe talked about one episode…i totally get it now from this look- head to toe breathtaking!

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 16:58 #

thanks Tiffany

23. Ally August 30, 2010 at 16:47 #

Oh no, that means we are out of pretty dresses. Sad. :( IMO this has been one of the best dressed award shows in a while. Very few people fell completely flat (Naya Rivera!). Most of the “worst dressers” were just there for poor styling (January Jones comes to mind). My favorites have been Jennifer Carpenter, Rose Byrne and Carrie Preston.

24. Moxie August 30, 2010 at 16:52 #

So many choices, I don’t know how you’re going to narrow it down for a poll. My tops are: Claire Danes, Dianna Agron, Jewel, Kelly Osbourne (surprising!), Julianna Margulies, Maria Menounos, Julie Benz, Jenna Fischer, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Lea Michele.

25. Eulalia August 30, 2010 at 17:01 #

Theres so much Emmys red carpet coverage but yours is just the clearest, simplest and fastest way to see it all, so thanks a lot ! Love your site in general :)
    My best dressed was Anna Paquin, when I saw her in this McQueen I was so excited (shoe choice aside). I also loved Jewel (especially the jewelry), Keira Sedgwick (colors), Jane Krakowski (elegance) , Susan Sarandon, Maria Menous, Jayma Mays, Nina Dobrev, Rose Byrne, Lea Michele (for the statement necklace). My worst dressed would be Sofia Vergara

26. pipsqueak August 30, 2010 at 17:04 #

I just love Keri Russell! Some residual obsession from her Felicity years is carried over today :b She’s kinda like a younger Diane Lane. I was slightly let down by her gown – perhaps the fit or the length was a bit off, but I liked the color on Keri. She looked beautiful and fresh. So glad to see her back on TV!

27. Jessica August 30, 2010 at 17:07 #

Thanks for putting the looks up so fast!! I knew i could rely on this site to check out the fabulous dresses. First off i really loved Dianna Agron and Kelly osbourne.. besides the shoes, i loved january jones. & i think christina hendricks dressed her beautiful body type well! and those girls were under control!

28. Kitty August 30, 2010 at 17:09 #

Lara Spencer, Kyra Sedgwick, January Jones, Elizabeth Moss, Jane Krakowski, Jenna Fischer, Jewel, Dianna Agron, Nina Dobrev and Claire Danes all look fantastic. What a well dress awards show! If only British TV stars dressed so well at our awards shows!!!!

29. Anissa August 30, 2010 at 17:23 #

Apparently Lo and Stephanie were given “Mad Men-esk” makeovers as a promotion before the awards so that’s why they are looking like they don’t belong…

Love that you post so many people as the main sites (People, Us Weekly, eonline) only show the big names, and I love seeing all the looks!

My favs were Claire D, Lea M, Jennifer C, Kelly O (what a 360), Archie P, Julie B, Susan S, Carrie P, Kyra S, Dianna A, Jayma M, and Anna P (too many for the poll but I’ll be happy for any of them) ;)

• Moxie August 30, 2010 at 23:39 #

They showed that on E. New dresses, hair and makeup. I think they looked better before the makeover.

30. Carmen August 30, 2010 at 17:25 #

January Jones’ dress was the only one that really impressed me, but she should have accesorized it better. Jenna Fischer looked great but I never like her hair. I find Diane Agron dress pretty interesting too. I missed Olivia Wilde and Grey’s Anatomy cast on the red carpet.

31. dee August 30, 2010 at 17:34 #

Diana Argon for me. She just looked so pretty.

32. robbie August 30, 2010 at 17:41 #

wow cant think of anything nice about any of these looks at all, other than keri picked really nice shoes.

33. Luiza August 30, 2010 at 17:42 #

Hey FC! congrats on the wonderful coverage of Emmy’s!

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 17:56 #

Thank you. Going out to celebrate with red wine now

34. Grace August 30, 2010 at 17:51 #

January Jones, Jennifer Carpenter (she should get more mentions from fashion blogs) and Rose Byrne. Your amazing! I’m always refreshing your website to see updates!

35. Shemah August 30, 2010 at 18:42 #

I’d love to see Maria Menounos, Nina Dobrev, Dianna Agron, Claire Danes, Lea Michele, Susan Sarandon, Kelly Osbourne, Kim Kardashian, Rose Byrne and Jennifer Carpenter in BDOTW!!

36. Danielle August 30, 2010 at 19:53 #

Loved Rutina, Her hair and skin looked beautiful

37. Danielle August 30, 2010 at 20:49 #

Loved them all especially Jennifer Carpenter’s dress but is it me or is her face shaped funny

38. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 21:27 #

For me LO and Stephanie Pratt just look AWFUL!!! Oh goshhh Lauren B. just won the worst dress award!

39. Lance August 30, 2010 at 22:28 #

Thanks for the ID FC!

40. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 23:07 #

I also hated Keri Russel!!! This pink dress is just not doing anything for her… i dont know, i hate it!

41. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 14:00 #

None of these really stand out for me except for Jennifer. Who on earth invited those Hills girls

42. Jen September 1, 2010 at 03:15 #

Keri Russell wore the same shoes as Naya Riviera, didn’t she?

While I’m on the subject of shoes, I hated Rutina Wesley’s. They looked like beach shoes in a lot of photos.