2010 Emmy Awards – Rita Wilson In Prada

Maverick Award
God bless Rita Wilson.

She may always be a red carpet plus one, but she never stands in the shades.

The wife of Emmy winner Tom Hanks looked outstanding on the red carpet at the 2010 Emmy Awards.

I don’t want anyone to say’s she too old to wear this Prada Spring 2010 dress, because she totally rocks it and women half her age haven’t dared to wear the web-like crystal dresses from this collection.

I love that she went top to toe with this look by also wearing the Prada glass heels.

So far I’ve only seen Anna Dello Russo don these heels.

Rita was definitely one of my favourites on the night.

She gets it.

I wish more who walk the red carpet would too.

Miuccia Prada has already worn this dress too.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & Byron Purvis/AdMedia

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Young Hollywood Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Young Hollywood Awards?

2010 Emmy Awards - Jenna Fischer In Versace

2010 Emmy Awards – Jenna Fischer In Versace

46 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Rita Wilson In Prada

1. Ayesha August 30, 2010 at 11:59 #

that’s a daring look……and she pulls it off in a big way,i love seeing such unique looks on the red carpet.

2. Jane August 30, 2010 at 12:09 #

She looks great. Love the shoes.
    Miuccia Prada wore same dress

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 12:14 #

thanks I forgot to add that

3. MEME August 30, 2010 at 12:26 #

Is she serious???…. it looks WAY better on the runway…..

• Debbie Zee May 17, 2012 at 08:00 #

Agreed. This dress does her figure no favors. White on her as it is in this dress is too defining. Not too old to wear Prada, just not a good design for her. Her legs look stocky.

4. Pablo August 30, 2010 at 12:40 #

Hahaha I can imagine all the young TV stars looking at her thinking “what’s the old woman wearing?” Well she’s giving you a Prada Lesson ladies!! :)

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 12:52 #

totally

• Anne August 30, 2010 at 17:22 #

No, she’s wearing a boxy white dress, a lampshade and hooker heels. Sorry, nothing is fashion forward and ridiculous at the same time. A Prada lesson? A Prada fail.

• Pablo August 30, 2010 at 18:22 #

Fair enough if you think so…

But… are you saying Prada glass kittens are hooker heels to you?? Well that’s new!!

• Anne August 30, 2010 at 23:27 #

Yes, I’m not a fan of the Prada Glass Kittens. Only one woman can pull off those shoes and last time I checked, Cinderella was not at the Emmys.

• Mera August 31, 2010 at 14:41 #

Amen, Anne!!! I love Rita, but that is hideous.

5. Suzanne August 30, 2010 at 12:52 #

Daring look, but the dress is too boxy on her and the shoes just weigh down the whole look. Looks like she’s wearing houseslippers.

• Elise August 30, 2010 at 13:12 #

I don’t think the dress looks pretty on her

6. mikeijames August 30, 2010 at 12:58 #

i don’t know how a dress made of crystals can look too casual in any circumstance, but she found one….bold choice? of course. appropriate for the emmys? i think that’s an open question.

7. Cristina August 30, 2010 at 13:00 #

I think she looks like she’s wearing a bedazzled hospital gown/shoes. Im not saying it couldnt be saved though. Open up the neckline of the underlayer to match the beaded layer, even out the hem, and choose a beautiful strappy stiletto. Her hair pulled this tight makes her look old–she should let it loose. We all know she has beautiful waves that would look great with this dress!

• Raquel August 30, 2010 at 13:49 #

I totally agree.

8. Camille August 30, 2010 at 13:02 #

I know this is supposed to be fashion forward and daring, but it just looks hideous on Rita who is a lovely and sexy woman. For some reason her bosom looks saggy and the shoes, oh my, perhaps they were better in theory than in reality. This would look better on a ‘waif’ body type than on a mature curvy woman. It does nothing for her.

• Leti August 30, 2010 at 13:53 #

I agree completely–this dress is simply not flattering.

9. Manja August 30, 2010 at 13:38 #

It is a great outfit,but she is not working it,at least to my humble opinion

10. Linda August 30, 2010 at 13:42 #

I guess I don’t get it, because – yeah, I just don’t like this.

11. june August 30, 2010 at 13:54 #

i love that she’s taking a risk and wearing something totally different but unfortunately it doesn’t really do her lovely figure any favors ):

12. Sally August 30, 2010 at 14:30 #

This is a very interesting look, but there seems to be too many horizontal lines visually; two neckines, wide waist line, two hems and the shoes. I agree with previous posters that the shoes, albeit great, are too heavy for her. Dispite all of this, RWilson gets my kudos for pushing the envelope.

13. JJovana August 30, 2010 at 14:44 #

Cmon now people. She looks boxy and awful. Plus, the shoes should NOT match the dress completely, thats only for the runway effect. This is just plain awful.

14. susan August 30, 2010 at 15:16 #

If this is fashion forward then I guess I’m backward.

• mm August 30, 2010 at 16:07 #

ROTFLMAO!!

15. Juliana August 30, 2010 at 15:57 #

I’m not getting it at all. For me it looks like a cheap bead dress that an old lady would wear, while she sells coconut earrings in Porto Seguro.

• mm August 30, 2010 at 16:07 #

Hiliarious

16. pipsqueak August 30, 2010 at 16:19 #

The dress and shoes are overkill on the red carpet, which is closer to reality than the Fashion Week runway. Anna Dello Russo can pull off many dramatic looks, but Rita Wilson is no ADR. Rita looked like a suburban mom wrapped up in holiday lights.

17. Jackie August 30, 2010 at 16:34 #

she looks ridiculous – and it ages her

18. moja31 August 30, 2010 at 17:01 #

sorry, but she looks a hot mess. unusual and unexpected does not always equal fashion forward; it’s daring alright, because nobody in their right mind would wear it.

19. Anne August 30, 2010 at 17:09 #

The Emporer’s New Clothes.

20. dee August 30, 2010 at 17:22 #

She looks horrible. The dress is not flattering at all. She looks old in it and it makes her look fat. The shoes are also terrible.

21. Laura August 30, 2010 at 19:57 #

The panel in the middle needed to be pulled in a bit to give her a waistline. It doesn’t give her a flattering shape at all.

22. Danielle August 30, 2010 at 20:39 #

I don’t understand what she was going for. I think that she should have modified the look. It is not flattering at all

23. Kim August 30, 2010 at 22:18 #

I agree with the majority. She was on the worst dressed list on everything else I saw.

24. mochababe73 August 30, 2010 at 22:27 #

I would have to respectfully disagree. The term “hot mess” seemed to have been coined for this outlandish dress (?).
    That dress does absolutely, positively nothing for her body. She looks as though she is square-shaped, and we know that she’s not.
    As far as I’m concerned, she’s the worst dressed.

25. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 23:09 #

This dress is wrong in so many ways, I cant even describe it… AWFUL! It´s one of the classics “WHAT WAS SHE THINKIING?”

26. Lee Ann August 30, 2010 at 23:36 #

This screams fashion victim. She looks like a box.sadly I think the younger women are thinking please put me in a home if I go out like that. Absolutely dreadful. She always tries to hard and misses.

27. maia August 30, 2010 at 23:38 #

I like that she took a risk with this look but I would have liked the dress underneath to be more fitted, the neckline to open up a little more and the crystal overlay to be more shaped at the waist. It doesnt look totally bad just not as nice as she should.

28. carouser August 31, 2010 at 00:04 #

Rita Wilson last night had every foot fetish aficionado in America nervously rubbing themselves by the bathroom sink once Rita rolled out on the red carpet with her hunk Tom Hanks at Hollywood’s Emmy’s Awards bash.

Opulence has a new name. It’s called Rita Wilson. Sticky bathroom walls also have a new name, coincidentally also called Rita Wilson.

29. Sharon August 31, 2010 at 08:14 #

This looks like she lost a bet. The dress reminds me of the mesh sheets of twinkle lights we put over our shrubs during the holidays, and the shoes look lke something a crafter made out of old chandelier crystals.

30. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 13:45 #

She completely steals Tom’s thunder with this dress. She’s never really followed the trends and this looks shows that. Fair enough she’s not wearing a mermaid gown but you cant deny how much of a risk she took. Whether people think it paid off or not (it totally did) you have to admire for not giving us a typical look

31. JJ August 31, 2010 at 21:22 #

hate the dress – unflattering, shapeless and the shoes are even worse.

32. kiwi September 1, 2010 at 07:44 #

Sorry FC, its abold look but she cannot pull it off since its too boxy and the shoes are such a letdown

33. Josepha Miller September 6, 2010 at 14:06 #

My God ..how does it feel to be be so wrong about a dress. I want what your smoking!!!!

• Fashion Critic September 6, 2010 at 15:17 #

you’re an idiot.

it’s not about right or wrong, it about expressing an opinion.

If Chloe Sevigny had worn it you would’ve said you loved it.

Ageism stinks