2010 Emmy Awards – Kyra Sedgwick In Monique Lhuillier

What No L’Wren Scott? Award
Apart from her gorgeous husband, Kyra Sedgwick is faithful to two things.

L’Wren Scott and a fitted silhouette.

That all changed at the 2010 Emmy Awards last night.

The winner of the Emmy for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” for “The Closer”, looked stunning in a burgundy Monique Lhuillier Fall 2010 gown.

Her strapless gown was teamed with an armful of jeweled Ofira bangles and pink VBH clutch.

I love the contrasting clutch, the refreshing silhouette and the autumn colour on Kyra.

She’s a winner in my eyes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

'Miu Miu Women's Tales #7 - #8' Venice Film Festival Premiere

‘Miu Miu Women’s Tales #7 – #8′ Venice Film Festival Premiere

2010 Emmy Awards - Carrie Preston In Makoto Takada

2010 Emmy Awards – Carrie Preston In Makoto Takada

21 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Kyra Sedgwick In Monique Lhuillier

1. mandy August 30, 2010 at 09:29 #

LOL to What No L’Wren Scott? Award. Her dress is stunning and that clutch is just gorgeous!

2. Alina August 30, 2010 at 10:54 #

I really like this look , but I LOVE THE CLUTCH.

3. mol August 30, 2010 at 11:24 #

Totally unexpected and done just right. So glad she won in her catagory!

4. Ayesha August 30, 2010 at 11:28 #

wow!!!can’t take my eyes off her!

5. Cristina August 30, 2010 at 12:46 #

Love the color–think she looks fabulous. Not a new silhouette for her though. The minute I saw her on the red carpet, I couldn’t help but think how similar this dress is to the Bottega gown she wore to the Golden Globes in 2006. Of course the color is waaaay better.

6. Pablo August 30, 2010 at 12:51 #

So glad she gave L’Wren Scott a rest…

All I can say about Kyra is that I think she’s simply a RC pro!! Always gets it right!!

7. Leo August 30, 2010 at 13:52 #

Kyra looks incredible. I love her bangles because they give something interesting to the dress. And this burgundy is just so beautiful for her.

8. Camille August 30, 2010 at 14:00 #

Loved this dress and thought Kyra looked amazing. I’m fascinated by the dress, the skirt seems more ‘substantial’ than usual and seems to have some texture to it. It is difficult to see in photographs, but can you tell us what the skirt was constructed from? I think it added to the beauty of the dress, that sense of depth both in color and in material. Loved it.

• Sharon August 31, 2010 at 02:31 #

The description on the Monique Lhuillier website says it’s a “burgundy ballgown wth hand-stitched organza strips.”

9. Naff August 30, 2010 at 14:33 #

I agree with everyone. Stunning! and the color looks rich and creamy. I think this is the first time I saw this texture of dress. She looks beautiful. :)

10. Raquel August 30, 2010 at 14:43 #

Stunning! Love everything about this look and the clutch is to die for.

11. JJovana August 30, 2010 at 14:46 #

She looks friggin gorgeous!! Everything works, the color, styling, hair, makeup, accessories….love it all.

12. k August 30, 2010 at 14:49 #

Am I the only one bothered by the hair? It just doesn’t work for me, unlike the gorgeous gown, fantastic clutch, lovely make up. The hair seems too just rolled out of bed for me.

• pipsqueak August 30, 2010 at 16:25 #

No, I don’t like her hair either. It looks okay in this picture, but last night on TV, I thought her hair looked rather messy. It had that mountain woman feel, like something you’d see on crazy Daryl Hannah. But aside from hair, Kyra looked beautiful. I love the Monique Lhuillier gown – so romantic.

• Deborah August 30, 2010 at 23:15 #

Even though I loveeeeee this look, I agree the hair is way too much “beach hair”!

13. Laura August 30, 2010 at 19:43 #

This goes into the ‘like’ category for me. I like the color and the different shape and designer. But the hair and volume of the bottom are bothering me a bit. Still, a nice departure for her.

14. Danielle August 30, 2010 at 20:35 #

The color is absolutely beautiful and I love the sihlouette

15. mochababe73 August 30, 2010 at 22:51 #

I am not wowed, but I like the way that she looks.

16. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 23:12 #

My favorite!!! Princess dress, right color! Just loved it!

17. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 13:34 #

Her goal tonight was to shock. I love the dress and the pairing with that clutch and I do appreciate that she did something different with her hair. Love the silhouette of the dress.

18. JJ August 31, 2010 at 21:25 #