2010 Emmy Awards – January Jones In Atelier Versace

Nice Dress, Shame About Those Shoes Award
I was hoping January Jones would have fun on the red carpet at the 2010 Emmy Awards, and she did.

The star – who doesn’t work with a stylist – opted for an Atelier Versace Spring 2010 dress.

January’s stunning strapless Atelier Versace dress is cut short at the front and with a long flowing train.

The amazing dress is made completely from royal blue silk satin petals.

This could’ve been one of my favourites of the night had January sold it better.

I just don’t get the Miu Miu shoes.

Even if I liked black pumps on the red carpet, I wouldn’t have like them with this dress.

The models heels may have been a bit too rock n’ roll for the Emmy’s, but it would’ve been better than what she picked.

How do you feel about this look?

Congrats to Leo because he picked this gown for January.

Credit: Versace.com & Getty

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

2010 Emmy Awards - Anna Paquin In Alexander McQueen

2010 Emmy Awards – Anna Paquin In Alexander McQueen

50 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – January Jones In Atelier Versace

1. Laura August 30, 2010 at 01:36 #

It looks great here but I’m sure it’s more stunning in real life. The black heels are killing the look though.

2. lorra August 30, 2010 at 01:37 #

i actully like it and i love the shoes not my best dress but i like it

3. frommdq August 30, 2010 at 01:42 #

I dont mind about the shoes, she look great! Hair and make up give her a very special vibe, kind of funcky

4. Amelia August 30, 2010 at 01:44 #

the Emmys have developed to be a much better red carpet event this year than the Oscars, the SAG and the Globes put together

• Linda August 30, 2010 at 02:07 #

Yes, I’m pleasantly surprised!

5. moja31 August 30, 2010 at 01:55 #

my least favorite part about this look is the hair, it’s far worse in my eyes than the boring shoes.

6. Amber August 30, 2010 at 01:57 #

Had she styled it better, maybe I would have liked it. It’s got a lot of potential, but the shoes and the hair really ruin the look.

7. pipsqueak August 30, 2010 at 02:00 #

I don’t mind the shoes though they could’ve been better. I absolutely love the gown. I also love January’s hair. Definitely gives me ideas to style mine…

8. Ali August 30, 2010 at 02:04 #

Arghh!!! This was my favourite dress from that collection and I thought nothing could ruin it, but that styling is atrocious!!! The hair should have been more severe, and obviously the shoes which everyone pointed out.

It just looks like the dress is on a coat hanger, she isn’t doing anything for it!

9. Camille August 30, 2010 at 02:06 #

ditto to what Amber says

10. Linda August 30, 2010 at 02:09 #

I love the dress on her and I like the hair as it’s sort of a futuristic look imo. The bad part are the heels…groan. Maybe a pair of killer silver sandals? However, upon looking at it again, I do love this look (until I get down to the feet) – but I guess the shoes aren’t enough to ruin it because I think she looks beautiful.

• Terry August 30, 2010 at 11:59 #

I feel the same. The dress is amazing, the colour is so bright and perfectly suits her. The shoe choice is a let down, but not so major. She’s the best-dressed so far, in my opinion (I didn’t watch the Emmys, since I live in Europe, but I am catching up thanks to FC’s posts).

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 12:16 #

thanks Terry x

11. Jen August 30, 2010 at 02:11 #

great dres,, but yeah, she’s not selling it.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 02:15 #

at all

• Alina August 30, 2010 at 07:50 #

I agree. The dress is just hanging on her.

12. Ruth August 30, 2010 at 02:13 #

the hair needs something, but OMG that color with her blonde hair is INSANE. beautiful combo. so sad about the shoes though.

(FC, can you imagine this on Kate Bosworth?! Would be outrageous.. and she would’ve for sure worn better shoes)

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 02:15 #

I agree

13. Raquel August 30, 2010 at 02:18 #

The heels are killing this look and I don’t know why she chose them, beause Louboutin has satin heels in every color available on Earth… if she wanted to play it safe.

14. KateS August 30, 2010 at 02:28 #

dress and hair, yes!, but why those shoes!?

15. Harrison August 30, 2010 at 02:30 #

I really want to love this look, as i love the dress so much.. However i can just not get over the styling, i am dying inside

16. Sarah the Stylist August 30, 2010 at 02:33 #

This dress makes so much more sense if you have something worth showing on your feet.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 02:39 #

LOL so true

17. Lance August 30, 2010 at 02:37 #

I give this the “Great Dress, Shame About the Shoes” Award. Can’t go wrong with Atelier Versace, but who in their right mind would pick those shoes? SMH

18. Amy August 30, 2010 at 02:40 #

Lev the dress on her & I think the hair & makeup are perfect for this look. Don’t love the shoes but I don’t think they detract from the look

19. june August 30, 2010 at 03:59 #

the dress is amazing – the hair works for me, probably because the blonde is working that blue like mad, but yeah, the shoe choice, while probably picked to keep the spotlight on the dress, is also not really right for this dress. i don’t mind it, but a blue heel or strappy silver heels would have worked so much better

20. pascha August 30, 2010 at 04:07 #

From the angle of the photo those shoes definitely look like ‘office heels’. No stylist would pair simple black office heels with an Atelier Versace gown.

I think the dress could’ve been made just a teeny tiny bit shorter to show a little bit of knee like the model. It’s a shame because the dress looks utterly stunning on her. The shoes and the hair are just far too conservative for the gown.

21. Leo August 30, 2010 at 04:29 #

I do think better shoes would make this look even better, but I do understand what’s her point of view. It’s such a grand dress, it’s quite tricky to wear it, so she let it shine for itself. I also think it moves great and looks much better in motion then in picture. I so had a feeling this would be a great look for her, and I love the result. Her hair is fantastic BTW, so efortless sexy “bed hair”.

22. Ashley August 30, 2010 at 04:34 #

I agree, the Brian Atwood’s were way too heavy with the gown.

23. Redseouls August 30, 2010 at 04:41 #

I. Hate. This. Dress. And the styling is horrific.

24. mikeijames August 30, 2010 at 05:25 #

blue is definitely her color, no? i love january so much she could’ve worn a burlap sack and looked gorgeous in my eyes. with that said, i think she could’ve turned up the volume with some jewelry. we trip over the shoes because there’s so little else to focus on.

25. hally August 30, 2010 at 06:56 #

ha, when i saw this look the first thing i could think of was how everyone on here would be trashing her shoe choice, and rightfully so! is she for serious? she can score a dress like that but not the shoes to go with it? i could’ve probably gotten shoes from payless that worked better! and at first i was unsure about the hair, at first i hated it, then i thought it looked kind of lively and naughty and futuristic, and now i dislike it again, because really, a dress like this deserves so much more!!!

26. mandy August 30, 2010 at 09:17 #

AHH JJ always ruin it!! This is my worst dress of the night. She look like a dead fish in that stunning dress and those ridiculous pumps… Argh~!!! What a waste!! Someone as muted as JJ should not don a Versace dress. Argh i need an asprin this is killing me.

27. sujaya August 30, 2010 at 09:17 #

curse of the black shoes is on…

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 09:20 #

it never dies

28. Ayesha August 30, 2010 at 11:40 #

what a shame about the shoes……it sort of ruins a would be fabulous look!

29. kiwi August 30, 2010 at 11:52 #

what a beautiful dress.. so badly let down by styling.. its not just the shoes.ts also the hair

30. Ally August 30, 2010 at 14:04 #

Who in the world thought that those shoes were a good idea for a Versace gown. Yikes. It is like she just threw the dress on and left w/out taking a second to think about styling. Even her hair is very “going to the mall.”

31. Alex August 30, 2010 at 14:52 #

Despite the shoes, she was my best dressed. The colour is to die for and it looks great on her. I also like her hair and light make up.
    I love when she brings drama and fun on the red carpet, and she’s always far from boring and that is why for the life of me I don’t understand shoes choice.

32. JJovana August 30, 2010 at 14:53 #

I can see Lea Michelle wearing this and KILLING IT. I dont like it on January. She looks invisible. And I completely agree on the shoes. Wrong choice for that dress.

33. susan August 30, 2010 at 15:32 #

It’s a mullet dress! No I don’t like. I like the detailing and the color.. but the shape – that’s a fail.

34. Ondo Lady August 30, 2010 at 15:36 #

I didn’t like this dress when I first saw it on the Red Carpet but it looks good in the pictures. She is really stunning and the colour looks wonderful on her.

35. Dorian Gray August 30, 2010 at 16:13 #

It took me some time to write this comment because, you know FC, I was waiting for JJ to appear on the red carpet with all the best expectations. She ruined this AMAZING Atelier Versace (for me the most beautiful dress of this Emmys) because of the shoes but I always appreciate one thing about JJ. She’s not like the other stars, she DARES, always. I’m so bored by the same safe mermaid dresses in pastel colours or black gown. Atelier Versace was never been a safe choice and never will be, I appreciate January for her brave (and unique) style, it would be easier to follow stylist’s advices but she does it by herself, clap clap.

36. robbie August 30, 2010 at 17:36 #

pairing thos shoes with such a gorgeous dress, please NEVER AGAIN! strappy sandals would have looked alot better.

37. erika August 30, 2010 at 19:46 #

i really love this dress the color is exquisite, she kinda ruined it for me, those shoes are just awful, and the hair. also this dress requires a very regal attitude to pull off.

38. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 23:25 #

I like the dress a lot, the color. But she ruined this look with this hair and her attitute. She was definetly uncomfortable, i saw 2 interviews and she was always trying to figure it out what do with the back of the dress. She ruined it

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 23:37 #

Now you mention it she kept padding down the dress and holding her waist. It like she didn’t know what to do with it like you say

39. mochababe73 August 31, 2010 at 04:12 #

With all of the shoe choices in the world, why would she choose these.
    This was another dress that I wanted to like, and I just couldn’t I cannot put my finger on it, but I really dislike this.

40. Lee Ann August 31, 2010 at 12:43 #

There are 3 different looks going on: from the knees down it reads Betty Draper, knees to neck : Madonna conical breast s : above neck :California blonde version of tough . None of the 3 looks meld.
    Colours nice

41. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 13:12 #

I do like the look but she isnt selling it to me. A confident pose and I really didnt like her make up and hair with this look. Im not going to even touch on the footwear as it’s so horrendous. I always assumed January worked with a stylist.