30.08.10

2010 Emmy Awards – Elisabeth Moss In Donna Karan

Simple Yet Stunning Award
Elisabeth Moss is nominated for the “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama” category for Mad Men at the 2010 Emmy Awards tonight.

January Jones will get plenty of attention for her Atelier Versace gown as she’s one of the few TV actresses who can be loaned a Couture gown.

Christina Hendricks will also get a lot of attention in her Zac Posen gown for obvious reasons, but I think Elisabeth should also be commended for the elegance she displayed in her custom Donna Karan gown.

Whilst her co-stars were going for attention grabbing looks, Elisabeth played it cool and calm in her dove grey silk chiffon one-shoulder gown.

I adore the colour which surprisingly doesn’t wash her out, and I also ache for the way this gown drapes beautifully around her body.

Chopard jewels and neutral make-up complete this look.

It’s gonna be hell picking a top 10.

Credit: Getty

2010 Emmy Awards - Christina Hendrick In Zac Posen

2010 Emmy Awards – Christina Hendrick In Zac Posen

2010 Emmy Awards - Emily Blunt In Christian Dior

2010 Emmy Awards – Emily Blunt In Christian Dior

19 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Elisabeth Moss In Donna Karan

1. Laura August 30, 2010 at 02:14 #

Light-colored dresses must be selected with caution. And Elisabeth and her team did good with this one. It’s the right shade for her. The detailing is what makes this gown exquisite.

2. Raquel August 30, 2010 at 02:14 #

Best she has looked in a very very long time and the dress suits her body type perfectly. Shame on the hair, though.

3. Ali August 30, 2010 at 02:16 #

I’m going to have to disagree – I think it does wash her out. The neutral colours do nothing for her. However I think it’s mostly the hair that annoys me

• michelle August 30, 2010 at 02:41 #

ditto

• mm August 30, 2010 at 04:23 #

I agree about the hair, she needs bangs badly

4. KateS August 30, 2010 at 02:31 #

It’s a graceful and beautiful dress, and the shape suits her body perfectly, but I think it washes her out. I wish she’d steer clear of the grey and dove tones she tends to favour and work in a warmer yellow or green palette. Still, very praiseworthy.

5. Linda August 30, 2010 at 02:36 #

“It’s gonna be hell picking a top 10″ – You got that right!! :)

6. Jen August 30, 2010 at 02:42 #

She looks better than she has in a long while hair and makeup wise. She looks lovely, but is lacking the wow-factor, but darn is her mug ever cute today!

7. J August 30, 2010 at 03:03 #

you said that “January Jones is one of the few TV actresses who can be loaned a Couture gown” – why is that? How is it determined who can get one?

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 03:06 #

She’s on the biggest TV show at the moment.

She’s a world wide recognizable face.

Status gets you a couture gown. Versace and other couture houses -especially Europeans- don’t just loan to anyone.

It stands to reason considering how much the gown cost

8. lou August 30, 2010 at 03:19 #

i don’t like the hairstyle. it makes this look very matronly, although i can’t think of many other ways it could be styled

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 03:20 #

I look past the hair for the same reason. Nothing more can be done with it

9. moja31 August 30, 2010 at 03:32 #

this is the first time i’ve loved her look on the red carpet. she hit a home run, one of my favorites for the night.

10. Rebel August 30, 2010 at 04:29 #

Wow this is lovely!

11. kiwi August 30, 2010 at 10:57 #

What a lovely face.. she does not look washed out at all! Love the draping

12. susan August 30, 2010 at 15:28 #

If this was a jewel colored dress she would have been a contender.

13. Camille August 30, 2010 at 15:36 #

Her hairstyle seems matronly and I really hate the poofy shoulder embellishment. I love the way the dress wraps around her and I’m neutral on the color. It isn’t hideous but I’m not sure it is the best color choice for her. I’d love to see her in peacock blue or even a stormy blue.

14. mochababe73 August 31, 2010 at 04:05 #

I don’t even know who she is or what television show she’s on. I guess that I’m not watching it.
    I don’t like the shoulder. It looks as though it’s been smashed.
    I don’t like from the bottom of her butt down. It looks like it has too much material. It’s too much going on.

15. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 13:21 #

She has never really wowed me but I do like this gown on her. I do think that colour slightly washed her out but that doesnt take away from the fact that she looks drop dead gorgeous. I am not fond of the hair but I suppose there isnt much she could do about it