2010 Emmy Awards – Dianna Agron In Carolina Herrera

Best Dressed Award
I finally found my Best Dressed at the 2010 Emmy Awards.

Dianna Agron totally blew me away in her Carolina Herrera Resort 2011 gown.

I was convinced my favourite was Claire Danes, until I saw this look.

For an Emmy first-timer Dianna knocked it out of the ballpark.

Her romantic tiered lace ball-gown has a princess-type feel to it, but not in a cheesy way.

The “Glee” actress exudes elegance. She has such poise for a newcomer.

This the second time Dianna has worn a Carolina Herrera dress and looked amazing on the red carpet.

I hope this is a start of a red carpet partnership.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2010 Emmy Awards - Julianna Margulies In L'Wren Scott

2010 Emmy Awards – Julianna Margulies In L’Wren Scott

2010 Emmy Awards - Kyra Sedgwick In Monique Lhuillier

2010 Emmy Awards – Kyra Sedgwick In Monique Lhuillier

48 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Dianna Agron In Carolina Herrera

1. Laura August 30, 2010 at 03:22 #

Gorgeousity. Still don’t know who my fave is, but this is well in the top 10. It’s gorgeous and I’m glad that Dianna always sticks true to her style and isn’t a trend whore. I like the muted colors of the dress on Dianna better than the bolder color on the model.

Note to Carolina Herrera: Dump Renee. Stick with Dianna.

2. moja31 August 30, 2010 at 03:28 #

diana & carolina seem to be a match made in heaven. it’s not a look that i’d expected from her at all, but she looks beautiful. i almost wish she’d gone with a sash that matched the blush color of the dress, just to be a bit different from the runway look; but i love this on her just the way it is.

3. Tania August 30, 2010 at 03:36 #

Stunning!

• shubby doo August 31, 2010 at 19:21 #

agreed. she looks breathtaking here

4. VB Lover August 30, 2010 at 03:37 #

Mariska Hartigay was my best dressed!

5. laurakitty August 30, 2010 at 03:41 #

Really? I would have chosen her as one of the worst dressed- not into the princess pink lace at all.

• doc August 30, 2010 at 05:19 #

I agree this is not good. It’s like something from Gone With the Wind, only instead of curtains, the dress is made of tablecloths. I would certainly say NO for best dressed. I think Mariana Klaveno, Claire Danes and Elisabeth Moss should be in the running for best dressed.

6. MEME August 30, 2010 at 03:56 #

Really????…. I think the dress ages her til’ infinity….. everything about it is all wrong for her…..

7. Michelle August 30, 2010 at 04:14 #

I couldn’t agree with you more. I saw Diana and was just completely blown away by how AH-MAZING she (and the dress) looked. She wore the dress, and not the other way around.

Definitely my favorite!

8. Alicat August 30, 2010 at 04:16 #

Hmmm. Not liking this. Reminds me of those things my Nan used to put over the toilet rolls. I do like her hair and makeup, however.

9. Teleholic August 30, 2010 at 04:20 #

I really like this look and it was my best dressed too, until I saw Nina Dobrev. I don’t know if it’s just the way the picture was taken (because this is the only one I saw) but it gave me goosebumps:

10. Leo August 30, 2010 at 04:34 #

I agree with you, she has such a poise and a great way of caring this dress on the red carpet. She’s on my top 3 of the night. I just love how this is so sophisticated yet delicate and young and romantic. Amazing.

11. Emily August 30, 2010 at 04:38 #

I agree. I think she looked stunning.

12. Dee August 30, 2010 at 04:42 #

When I saw her being interviewed on tv, my jaw literally dropped. She looks completely stunning! I love how she sticks with her style and how she continues to surprise us by picking unconventional pieces to wear, and not just on-trend looks like her co-star Lea Michele (though that ‘s not to say she doesn’t look gorgeous as well).

13. Kimm Bryan August 30, 2010 at 05:03 #

One of the best photos of Di…

14. Patricia August 30, 2010 at 05:06 #

Ohmygosh, I completely agree! She looks like a gorgeous pristine doll in that dress. My heart stopped and I had to remember, wait..that’s a real person.

I imagined that dress to be hard to pull off. Now I’ll never be able to forget it.

15. Rashmi August 30, 2010 at 05:11 #

The first word that came from mouth after seeing this was WOW.. i love it!!

16. mikeijames August 30, 2010 at 05:21 #

seeing as i didn’t even RECOGNIZE her, i’d say she’s definitely a contender for best dressed. this dressed transformed her in the BEST POSSIBLE WAY. she simply radiates glamour.

17. Juliana August 30, 2010 at 05:23 #

I think this is modern princess done right. Whenever I see “Enchanted” I think Aym Adams’ Giselle should’ve been wearing something like this for the ball.

Love the contrasting colors in such pretty harmony, live the shape, LOVE her make-up and up-do…

18. Christy August 30, 2010 at 05:27 #

From the waist up she’s gorgeous but the rest looks like a combo between my nan’s curtains and a doily – sorry FC, completely disagreeing with you here!

19. Alina August 30, 2010 at 05:37 #

When I first opened the site and saw that she was your best dressed I thought this might have been a very very bad dressed event.
    OK,she looks nice and graceful but IMO she’s not the best dressed.

20. Lila H. August 30, 2010 at 05:42 #

Best dressed?

Nope – that should be Nina Dorbev.

The Herrerra gown is so sugary princess.

• hally August 30, 2010 at 07:14 #

i totally agree^, and with that said, i also love me some sugary princess, and dianna is such a lady!

but seriously, nina dobrev’s dress owned! i thought FC would be all over it as it’s an embellished dress by a lebanese designer, lol.

21. Sofie August 30, 2010 at 06:16 #

I really didn’t like this look at all, easily the worst dressed of the night.

22. hally August 30, 2010 at 06:42 #

i loved loved this look, the dress is beautiful, dianna looks lovely, everything is perfect! i also loved claire danes on the red carpet tonight which is saying something because i’m not really partial to her, but she was stunning!

but i’m surprised you didn’t seem to mention nina dobrev in zuhair murad. she looked amazing! i never would have thought she would wear such an exquisite gown, but she did and really carried it well, and in my opinion looked better even than dianna (still love her tho)!

23. Jen August 30, 2010 at 07:23 #

what about connie britton?? the amazing actress from Friday Night Lights? she lookes absolutely breathtaking in a custom made burberry gown.

24. biskachoo August 30, 2010 at 08:37 #

Love the dress,. I love her too. However, I think someone with a darker skin tone would benefit more from wearing the dress and showing it off.

25. nicky August 30, 2010 at 09:03 #

she looks like a doll in tht dress! even though i dont love the dress itself, she really makes the look. really pretty. she does look a lot older than her age here but i love her poise and elegance in this look

26. kiwi August 30, 2010 at 10:46 #

Nice, but nowhere close to best dressed

27. mol August 30, 2010 at 11:26 #

It’s starting to grow on me…….

28. Ayesha August 30, 2010 at 11:30 #

absolutely gorgeous!
    Dianna + Carolina Herrera is turning outt to be a great combination……let’s hope we see more of it!

29. Victoria August 30, 2010 at 12:21 #

My thoughts exactly! I loved Claire Danes glittery look until I saw this! Definitely my favourite! :D I think Dianna pulls off the ‘princess’ look very well.

30. Pablo August 30, 2010 at 12:53 #

Hum… too “Victorian” for my taste… but I understand your loving this gown!! :)

31. Amanda August 30, 2010 at 13:19 #

By far my fave of the night!

32. Camille August 30, 2010 at 14:09 #

This dress walks close to the edge of being too princess/too girlish/too lacey & victorian, but somehow doesn’t go over. I’ve studied it and while it has all the elements to be too much, it somehow manages to be modern and beautiful and Dianna is clearly loving herself in this gown. She pulls it off and looks beautiful.

33. Alex August 30, 2010 at 14:26 #

I already said on your blog once that this it’s unfair that girl this beautiful live among us. She is simply perfect.
    The dress screams Dianna to me, it’s her style, very girly, sweet. sophisticated.
    She’s in my TOP 10 but not number one!

34. JJovana August 30, 2010 at 14:47 #

She does look very pretty, but literally aged her 10 years. Too prom, too much pink, too much lace…its just too much of a dress for such a pretty young girl.

35. Raquel August 30, 2010 at 14:50 #

I don’t like the dress itself, I think about an older – not necessarily old – woman wearing this. But the thing is that Dianna has a natural elegance and sophistication and she manages to carry this dress like if she were a Park Avenue socialite who grown up surrounded by Balenciagas and Givenchys and Herreras and de la Rentas, you know what I mean? She screams classy old money for me and that is what it works.

36. susan August 30, 2010 at 15:26 #

It’s an improvement from she has worn. But yeah I don’t like the tiered dresses. I thought Heather Morris looked a lot better.

37. Sheena August 30, 2010 at 16:09 #

She looks good but something about the whole look feels too mature…..

38. robbie August 30, 2010 at 17:37 #

best dressed indeed! although my second thought was toilet roll, she looks like one of those little dolls people put over their toilet paper.

39. Kim August 30, 2010 at 22:25 #

Too Gone With the Wind for me!

40. mochababe73 August 30, 2010 at 22:53 #

I just didn’t like this look on her at all. The dress is ugly. I didn’t even recognize her.
    It either looks like Annie Oakley’s prom dress or those doll/toilet paper covers.

41. Juliana August 31, 2010 at 00:28 #

This look blew me away!!! She pulls it off so much better than the model! Unlike many looks of the night, this is a memorable gown!! She looks like a dream to me. Best dressed gal i’ve seen in maaaaaany weeks!!!

42. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 13:39 #

I do love the uniqueness of the gown and tierred nature of the gown and I love her partnership with Carolina. I can safely say that this gown is a risk and Dianna certainly pair it off but in imo not the best dressed of all the looks we’ve seen. Definitely in the top 5 but no number one for me.

43. Jen September 1, 2010 at 03:34 #

This dress is just a little too twee for me. I think if the colours were not so high contrasts, I’d like it better.

If you’ll forgive the off topic, what do you think of Mariana Klaveno’s Emmy gown? pretty colour, pretty dress, though I have no idea who she is!

44. shaun September 4, 2010 at 12:37 #

i absolutely hate this .. :( looks to lacey and old.

45. courts January 28, 2011 at 05:24 #

omg i love this pic Dianna looks gorgeous in this dress. she really pulled of that dress it suit her well and she looks like a princess. i would definatley like to see more of them