30.08.10

2010 Emmy Awards – Celebs In Nude Zuhair Murad

Zuhair Murad created a lot of nude look for his recent Fall 2010 Couture collection and his Spring 2010 ready-to-wear collection.

It shouldn’t be a surprise to see all the ladies wearing a Zuhair Murad gown on the red carpet at the 2010 Emmy Awards in his signature colour.

Wanda Sykes was nominated at the ceremony in the “Outstanding Variety Comedy or Music Special” category for her HBO show “I’ma Be Me”.

She looked gorgeous sporting her ‘fro wearing a Zuhair Murad Spring 2010 nude one shoulder sequin evening gown with mesh insets.

Grammy winning singer Jewel wore one of my favourite Zuhair Murad gowns from the Fall 2010 Couture gown (yes nearly every gown in that collection was my favourite).

She looked breath-taking wearing a exquisite blush sweetheart neckline tiered lace gown with satin bow waist.

Jewel carried a Christian Louboutin ‘Pliage’ nude satin clutch to complete her look.

She’s in my Top 10 of the night. Is she in yours?

“Vampire Diaries” actress Nina Dobrev showed off her amazing figure wearing a Zuhair Murad Fall 2010 gown with Chopard jewels and gold Brian Atwood ‘Vita’ pumps which look about 2 sizes too big for her.

Her one shoulder blush floral silk gown with cut-out bodice and lace beaded insets is spectacular, but Jewel puts her in the shade.

Credit: ZuhairMurad.com & Fame Pictures

2014 Emmy Awards Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

2014 Emmy Awards Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

2010 Emmy Awards - Glee Girls

2010 Emmy Awards – Glee Girls

27 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Celebs In Nude Zuhair Murad

1. Jane August 30, 2010 at 14:55 #

NINA IS GORGEUS!
    Nina is my second favourite after Claire

2. Pablo August 30, 2010 at 15:03 #

At last!! I had been waiting so long to love a Jewel look!! :D She looks outstanding (which is quite easy wearing such a lace masterpiece gown)!!. The only “but” is that I miss the cape / foulard, which gave the dress a lot of attitude on the runway!! What a Couture Collection Zuhair Murad’s was…

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 15:32 #

Im glad she didn’t wear the cape.

• Pablo August 30, 2010 at 17:04 #

Oh I’m glad she didn’t wear it too. I meant I loved the runway styling, with the cape, it looked so romantic… (though it would’ve looked abosultely impossible on Jewel). On a second view it reminds me of the Elie Saab Penelope Cruz wore at Cannes…

• hally August 30, 2010 at 22:35 #

lol, at first i thought it was the same dress pene wore. i love murad, but he seems to draw alot of inspiration from saab.

3. Catherine August 30, 2010 at 15:27 #

Love Nina’s dress, she’s got a gorgeous figure.

4. Moxie August 30, 2010 at 15:32 #

Love Jewel’s gown, although I think I’ve seen that dress on the red carpet before. Just can’t remember where. Gugu Mbatha-Raw looked great in a nude gown by Ina Soltani. Elizabeth Moss’s nude gown was a snoozer.

5. Thaysa August 30, 2010 at 15:38 #

Jewel is my favourite!!! She looks gorgeous!!! Nina is my second favourite, just because i don’t like the gown without the flowers!

6. perfumeorpoison August 30, 2010 at 16:55 #

wow those dresses are TDF.. definetly, include jewel in BDOTF poll.

7. Kitty August 30, 2010 at 17:02 #

Nina Dobrev looks beautiful. Top ten vote from me.

• Hannah August 30, 2010 at 17:13 #

I agree…I love the draping and the details, the hairstyle is perfect and allows the dress to speak for itself.

• hally August 30, 2010 at 22:37 #

^ agree with all the above

8. robbie August 30, 2010 at 17:47 #

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS DRESSES!

damn wanda is really slowly getting into the dressing quite feminine. the 3 of them look beautiful but wanda is my favourite.

9. Glamour Whore August 30, 2010 at 18:21 #

That isn’t Nina Dobrev. It’s Emmanuelle Chriqui…

• Hannah August 30, 2010 at 21:04 #

Trust me a lot of people made that mistake sadly! Not that Chriqui isn’t a bad person to be mistaken for but that’s Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries. She was in the intro too.

10. Glamour Whore August 30, 2010 at 19:45 #

Or maybe it’s not… Lol. Half of the websites have it listed as Nina and the other half as Emmanuelle… Whoever it is looks gorgeous.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 21:36 #

It’s Nina. The photo agencies got it wrong and those who don’t know Nina from Emmanuelle took the agencies at the word.

11. Laura August 30, 2010 at 20:09 #

Jewel’s look was one of my faves despite it being panned by many. Just another sign that taking a risk in fashion gets you nowhere with those fake TV fashion experts.

12. Ev August 30, 2010 at 20:24 #

Maybe I will be the only one who thinks that all three of these dresses looked much better on the models.

13. maia August 30, 2010 at 21:25 #

Of all your emmy round-ups this is my favorite group.. I love that three women in different stages in their lives can wear similarly designed dresses yet make each their own. These women look beyond beautiful – who knew Wanda Sykes cleaned up so nicely :-)

14. mochababe73 August 30, 2010 at 22:20 #

Wanda needed some spanx or to go up a size. The dress is too tight.
    I liked Jewel’s dress better than the runway verson. Much prettier without that one sleeve.
    I am not a fan of Nina’s dress. It’s pretty on the model, but it’s not pretty on her. I think that her dress is too small as well.

15. hally August 30, 2010 at 22:46 #

wanda looks nice, but really when i saw the model wearing it i saw how amazing it could have been. the wavy lines and details are kind of lost on wanda. imagine taylor swift in this dress, i’m surprised she hasn’t snapped it up already, lol.

jewel looks amaaaaaaazing, nicely done!

nina is the best in my eyes, she looks great! i can’t belive how good she looks! the dress is amazing, love the fit and the line of the fabric and detailing, i feel like she could have removed the last bow detail on the hip if she was going to go w/o the flowers, but never mind. A+ for hair & makeup, they work perfectly w/ the dress

16. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 14:03 #

Jewel for the win

17. Jones19 August 31, 2010 at 19:37 #

I think Nina’s shoes look big because of the angle or something…in other photos the shoes look like they fit her. Anyway these dresses are all stunning, Zuhair Murad makes such dreamy pieces. Lovely.

18. Jen September 1, 2010 at 03:20 #

I like Wanda’s best.

19. kiwi September 1, 2010 at 07:29 #

Jewel and Nina look great.. Nina looks better

20. Sami November 2, 2010 at 23:32 #

Nina is usually my fav but Jewel looks gorgeous! even better than the model!