30.08.10

2010 Emmy Awards – Black Beauties

Despite the intense LA sunshine on the red carpet at the 2010 Emmy Awards last night, many stars opted for black.

Kelly Osbourne looked outstanding wearing a Tony Ward Couture gown which made her look like a Gothic mermaid.

The gown draped elegantly at the back.

As much as I love this dress and Kelly’s new rockin bod, I don’t like her hair.

Heidi Klum gave us no surprises wearing a black Marchesa strapless tulle mini dress with rose embroidered sculpted bands.

Her look was paired with Christian Louboutin ‘Pigaglili Pot Purri Stras’ spiked heels and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Paula Abdul becomes the 100th person to don this Dolce & Gabbana strapless sequin gown on the red carpet.

Angela Kinsey looked breath-taking wearing a Romona Keveza black strapless gown with softly fluted skirt which highlights the delicately ruffled lace neckline.

Eva Longoria wore a Robert Rodriguez Black Label ?chantilly rose lace? gown which is stunning on her, but it instantly reminded me of her Cannes Pucci gown for some reason.

Maybe it’s the pose.

She dazzled in Loren jewels and added a clutch.

Emmy winner Edie Falco was fully decked out in Bottega Veneta.

She wore a black silk chiffon gown, with black pave diamond earrings, a white gold diamond bracelet and black origami knot clutch.

Joan Allen looked sublimely elegant wearing a Michael Kors black one shoulder silk crepe jersey gown which she paired with a silver clutch and clear perspex cuff.

Credit: Fame Pictures & Getty

2010 Emmy Awards - Archie Panjabi In Tadashi Shoji

2010 Emmy Awards – Archie Panjabi In Tadashi Shoji

2010 Emmy Awards - Elisabetta Canalis In Roberto Cavalli

2010 Emmy Awards – Elisabetta Canalis In Roberto Cavalli

26 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Black Beauties

1. biskachoo August 30, 2010 at 13:56 #

My jaw dropped at Kelly osbourne’s gown. It is simply stunning! Details on black dresses usually get lost, but I can see and admire the details of her dress, and it is simply gorgeous!

• Alina August 30, 2010 at 14:05 #

That happened to me too.She looks outstanting!

• perfumeorpoison August 30, 2010 at 16:58 #

i totally agree. the gown is amazing.

2. Leo August 30, 2010 at 14:01 #

I hate Heidi’s look so much, she is always so incredible that it pains me to say this but she’s the worst of the night for me.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 14:36 #

she’s becoming boring I agree

3. mochababe73 August 30, 2010 at 14:08 #

I don’t care how many times that DG gown has been worn, Paula hasn’t looked this good on the red carpet in years.
    Of all of them, I liked Eva’s dress the best. She looked tall and statuesque even though she is short.

4. Ally August 30, 2010 at 14:19 #

And this post is exactly why I would never choose a black gown for a client if I were a stylist. All black gowns just end up running together in your head, even if the wearer looks great on the actual day. 9 times out of 10 they are completely forgetable.

5. Jane August 30, 2010 at 14:20 #

Heidi Klum wore Marchesa fall 2010 dress http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010/fashionshows/F2010RTW/MARCHESA/RUNWAY/00230m.jpg

She is so sexy

FC, I hope you`ll mention Nina Dobrev and her gown from Zuhair Murad Fall 2010 Couture ‘Romantic Intimacy’ collection =)

6. Leti August 30, 2010 at 14:21 #

So sick of seeing Heidi wearing microminis–we get it, she has nice legs. I just thinks she can look much more elegant than this, and I would have preferred to see that for this event.

• Fiona August 31, 2010 at 11:12 #

Agree – Heidi doesn’t need to look so desperate by wearing the shortest dress in the room. It looks formulaic now, and is not so elegant.

7. Camille August 30, 2010 at 14:24 #

WOW, I can’t believe how much I’m loving Kelly Osbourne’s look, amazing! Not much to say about Heidi or Paula except that at least Paula looked presentable and not freakish. Angela look delightful and feminine. Black is not a good color for Eva, washes her out . Edie will probably be on my worst dressed list and can’t say if that is her fault or the designer’s. The dress just does not fit well at all. The waist hits her wrong and the skirt looks awkward and too voluminous. Maybe it is her pose, but it just looks bad and out of proportion. Thought for a moment Joan Allen was Nancy O’dell, guess it was the ponytail thing, but I do love her look. Sleek, modern, sexy but elegant. She never disappoints and love the cuff!

8. Mahima August 30, 2010 at 14:25 #

kelly has lost a lot of weight since dancing with the stars.
    good for her.
    and she looked amazing last night.

9. june August 30, 2010 at 14:46 #

haha, i thought you’d make the post on how navy was the popular colour on the red carpet this year, first. (i am glad though. black’s lovely, but navy’s a little more unexpected and pretty)

10. Hellwafashion August 30, 2010 at 15:15 #

Will you be doing a post/ linking who wore the D&G dress before?
    Amazing coverage btw, your sites been open in my browser all day – refresh button’s in overdrive! Thanks for the dedication :-)

11. Thaysa August 30, 2010 at 15:42 #

Heidi looks amazing for me! I’m in love for her gown!!!!

12. amber August 30, 2010 at 16:03 #

love kelly’s dress. wish the rest of her look as great.

13. pipsqueak August 30, 2010 at 16:51 #

Hey, I missed that crazy Paula on TV! She looked good, though. I actually loved Heidi’s look. Predictably mini, yes, but her open personality brought some rock n roll to Marchesa, as everyone else wearing it seems so unanimously feminine and saccharin. I liked Eva’s gown. She’s definitely a looker on the red carpet. I thought Edie’s gown was hideous, though I love her as an actress – Nurse Jackie and Sandra Oh’s Christina are my heroines!

14. Laura August 30, 2010 at 20:07 #

Kelly is great (for Kelly). Heidi is trying too hard. Paula is great (for Paula). Angela’s is breathtaking.

I like everything but the waistline from Eva’s dress. Edie seems to like Bottega but I don’t like this dress on her. It’s not flattering. Joan’s dress is rather boring.

15. Bri August 30, 2010 at 20:12 #

I love Eva’s dress. She is absolutely beautiful!!!

16. Danielle August 30, 2010 at 20:46 #

I didn’t like Edie or Eva’s dresses at all. But I think Joan Allen looked amazing, so elegant

17. Thomas Chiu August 30, 2010 at 20:55 #

Eva and Heidi look AMAZING! I walked by the Emmy’s when everyone was arriving and it was so chilly! It’s quite windy downtown. Great job to the ladies for looking so fabulous!

18. Juliana August 30, 2010 at 23:48 #

Kelly looked sooo pretty! The other black dresses look boring next to hers! Eva’s gown gives me “deja vu”… Maybe it’s just me, but i feel like i’ve seen her in big fluffy dresses (with that broken right leg pose) for ever!

19. Sharon August 31, 2010 at 07:37 #

I loved the way Kelly looked. So glad the lavender hair is gone. I also liked the patterns in Eva’s dress. Would love to see that one close up. This isn’t the best picture of Edie. She looked much better in the dress during her acceptance speech.

20. Sophia August 31, 2010 at 08:51 #

Don’t ask me why but I’m so in love with Eva’s look! ^_^

21. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 13:57 #

None of these really stand out and maybe thats because of the colour but we have seen the detail and design plenty of times. I am most disappointed with Eva. She normally brings it to big events

22. kiwi September 1, 2010 at 07:33 #

I love Kelly and her look.. I missed this post.. she would be top 5 for me.