2010 Emmy Awards – Anna Paquin In Alexander McQueen

Most Daring Award
At the 2010 SAG Awards Anna Paquin was the first to wear a look from the Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 collection on the red carpet.

She again became the first to wear a look from Alexander McQueen Resort 2011 collection at the 2010 Emmy Awards tonight.

Sarah Burton continued Lee McQueen’s legacy by creating this exquisite black satin dress with gold shoulder embellishment.

I don’t mind the black pumps on this occasion, but the models gold studded heels would’ve been the icing on this cake for this look.

Anna is totally feeling like a Princess Warrior in this look.

I think she nail it. She has the right attitude to pull a look like this off.

House of Lavande bracelets and YSL Tribute pumps completes the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

2010 Emmy Awards - Christina Hendrick In Zac Posen

2010 Emmy Awards – Christina Hendrick In Zac Posen

38 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Anna Paquin In Alexander McQueen

1. Laura August 30, 2010 at 01:44 #

I picked this for January, but it looks stellar on Anna. She really does Alexander McQueen creations justice. E! Fashion Police twitter hated it, but as far as Anna’s concerned, she should take it as a compliment.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 01:58 #

I agree.

• Ally August 30, 2010 at 14:01 #

I’ll third that. I was really surprised when they put her in their bottom 3 looks for the night. She had the exact right attitude for the dress.

2. lorra August 30, 2010 at 01:45 #

i love it
    what a beaitful dress

3. Rebecca August 30, 2010 at 01:53 #

I think this dress works so well because it suits her personality. It’s strong and slightly unusual – just like her.

• pipsqueak August 30, 2010 at 02:06 #

You’re so right! Also, I wasn’t sure a short girl could pull off McQueen, but Anna proved me wrong. She looked really great!

4. Amelia August 30, 2010 at 02:01 #

I didn’t like at first, but it grew on me very quickly. Within seconds, Anna’s attitude and the beauty of the dress won me off.

5. Jen August 30, 2010 at 02:09 #

I like. It suits her very well.

6. Linda August 30, 2010 at 02:11 #

I feel like I should be blown away by this dress, but what comes to mind right away is – meh.

• cynthia August 30, 2010 at 09:35 #

yeah, it didn’t suit her..something’s off from this look. no wow factor.

7. Raquel August 30, 2010 at 02:13 #

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. It is my favorite dress so far and she does justice to such a fantastic piece. Anna is my favorite so far. And she had the bet acessory ever, because Mr. Moyer looked delicious…

8. KateS August 30, 2010 at 02:25 #

I hate mullet dresses, but she looks killer – McQueen really works for her.

9. june August 30, 2010 at 03:53 #

i also hate mullet dresses, but anna’s looked fab in every mcqueen she’s worn, and this is unusual and amazing (and for one, i don’t totally hate her shoe choice)

10. Stacey August 30, 2010 at 04:43 #

Like it, but would’ve liked it more on someone taller like the model.

11. mikeijames August 30, 2010 at 05:14 #

i love anna paquin. i love alexander mcqueen. i love her work on screen. and i love what sarah burton’s doing with the mcqueen legacy.

i just don’t know how to explain it, but there’s something off about this look. it had such an amazing impact in the resort presentation where here it’s just good…..not spectacular like it should be.

12. Emma August 30, 2010 at 06:18 #

Wow, am I seeing a different dress than you guys? I think this is awful. The dress makes her look SO short and squat, the line under the bust looks like it’s hitting her at the wrong place, and the whole look completely overwhelms her. One of the worst dressed of the night!

• Camille August 30, 2010 at 15:46 #

I agree. She’s too short to carry this IMHO and the shoes are dreadful with this dress. She needed the shoes the model was wearing or something like those. She just looks overwhelmed by this dress.

13. Rashmi August 30, 2010 at 06:28 #

I would have liked this dress on a brunette.. on her its OK…

14. pascha August 30, 2010 at 08:29 #

I think the dress would’ve looked amazing on her if she was a much taller. She could’ve made herself look a little taller by wearing the same open/strappy shoes on the model (IMO the closed to shoes make her look shorter).

Also I thought Rita Wilson took quite a bit of a risk by wearing her head-to-toe Chandelier Prada outfit. Not so sure she puled it off though…

• mol August 30, 2010 at 11:34 #

Yes, I can see what you’re saying about the shoes, good point.

15. kiwi August 30, 2010 at 11:02 #

Love the dress and on her.. totally agre with FC.. she should have worn the model ‘s shoes.. how can anyone wear black pumps with such a dress????

16. Ayesha August 30, 2010 at 11:37 #

omg!!!!!
    i really really wanted to see this one on the red carpet………..and it’s great!!

17. Mel August 30, 2010 at 11:58 #

Wow, Anna looks great. When I first see this dress I thougth it will be great for her, and I wasn’t worng.

FC: She carries the Alexander McQueen ‘Brittania Punk Skull’ Clutch and Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Pumps. I wish this is helpful for you. Great cover of the Emmys!!!

18. Pablo August 30, 2010 at 12:59 #

Totally with you: she nailed it!!

I wouldn’t like to be you when having to chose the Best-Dressed poll of this incredibly well-dresses event!! :)

19. Alex August 30, 2010 at 14:50 #

I predicted this exaxt dress for her, yay for me ! :D
    She’s got an attitude to wear McQueen and she looks great. At first i was scared that we wouldn’t get a good shot at her dress because she was hugging her hubby all the time.

20. JJovana August 30, 2010 at 14:52 #

WOW. The best of the night. Bravo Anna!! :)

21. gossip_bangkok August 30, 2010 at 15:06 #

I too think she nailed it! She has that type of attitude to wear a McQueen’s dress!

22. Jones19 August 30, 2010 at 16:03 #

Love that she keeps wearing McQueen as she really works those designs. Love her.

23. Jackie August 30, 2010 at 16:35 #

AWFUL – it over powers her

24. robbie August 30, 2010 at 17:34 #

on model = EXPENSIVE!
    on anna = CHEAP!

thats all im gonna say.

25. erika August 30, 2010 at 19:45 #

i love this dress, and i like Anna but it looks so much better on Alla, i hate the acs and the shoes.

26. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 23:23 #

I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I looked at her and went “wow”. She was the first one I saw walking the red carpet, then I thought all the other dresses were boring!hahah I think she nail it too!! I dont know why everybody hated and said that it wasnt appropriated for the Emmy´s…

27. Juliana August 31, 2010 at 02:38 #

I’m sorry, but I can’t help thinking: “THIS IS SPARTA!!!!”

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2010 at 07:42 #

ha ha…that’s funny, but I still love it

28. mochababe73 August 31, 2010 at 04:10 #

I know that this sounds harsh, but I hate it. I really wanted to like it, but it’s awful. That bodice looks so heavy. The hem looks as though it was pinned and never finished. For some reason, her version of the dress looks different than the runway’s.
    I like the shoes and clutch on the model better as well.

29. empress August 31, 2010 at 11:41 #

best look hands down.

30. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 13:16 #

Anna knows that the girly girly look isnt going to work for her so she chose this AMAZING gown to show her attitude off. I dont think many could pull this off but she does with ease. When I first saw her wearing the gown, I immediately thought this is what Wonder Woman would wear to the Emmys

31. Lily March 15, 2011 at 14:17 #

dressed in the dark again I assume. Maybe it was a dare?