27.08.10

2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Wish List

My intention was to do wish lists for all the female nominees attending the 2010 Emmy Awards this weekend, but it a huge task so I give my highest respect to all those stylists who are doing it for real this weekend.

January Jones is nominated in the “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” category.

I would like her to have more fun on the red carpet. She kinda went all serious after the Emmy’s last year, so my wish is for her to wear this pink tiered Christian Dior Resort 2011 strapless dress with a sleek updo.

Lea Michele is nominated in the “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series” category.

She’s toned down the ‘try hard’ for the last few red carpet outings, so I would love for that to continue in this gorgeous butterscotch J. Mendel Resort 2011 one shoulder gown.

Christina Hendricks is nominated in the “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” category.

It took me a while to decide what to pick for Christina. I wanted something to show off her curves, but not be all about the twins. I think this Badgley Mischka Resort 2011 gown provides the perfect balance.

Jane Lynch is nominated “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series” category.

She hasn’t managed to find a red carpet look that has wowed us yet and I hope she does on Sunday night.

Her Creative Arts Emmys gown did her no favours, so I say stick to something classic, beautiful minimal with no fuss.

I think this navy Donna Karan Resort 2011 ensemble may seem informal but I love the colour and the flattering draping.

Have you made wish list?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cole Haan Fall 2010 Collection Launch - Maria Sharapova In Suno

Cole Haan Fall 2010 Collection Launch – Maria Sharapova In Suno

Whitney Port Wears Camilla and Marc + Jimmy Choo Heels For The "Kiss For a Cause Event" & "Dior Luncheon"

Whitney Port Wears Camilla and Marc + Jimmy Choo Heels For The “Kiss For a Cause Event” & “Dior Luncheon”

31 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Wish List

1. Dorian Gray August 27, 2010 at 19:11 #

I hope someone will wear Atelier Versace or Versus.

2. Alicia August 27, 2010 at 19:14 #

I think you’re spot-on about Jane Lynch in Donna Karan!

• Fashion Critic August 27, 2010 at 19:35 #

3. Laura August 27, 2010 at 19:53 #

This is the look I’d like to see for January Jones. It’s edgy but I think her posing and look gives it a real class.

This is a look I’ve thought of for Lea Michele for a long time. The pink would look marvelous on her skin and hair. And her fierce poses would take this look to the next level.

I’ve chosen this look for Christina. The color would look great on her. And the detail on her shoulder and waist would give her a nice silhouette.

Jane Lynch has worn Ali Rahimi to the SAG’s and Golden Globes and has stated she’s wearing his design to the Emmy’s. I can only hope it’s better than the other two looks because I haven’t been in love with them. The red gown on the third page of the slideshow is the one I’d like to see. It’s a different silhouette than she usually wears and would make her look fantastic.

4. Z FASHION BLOG August 27, 2010 at 19:56 #

Loving your January Jones wish.
    I’d love to see her wearing that Dior look :-)

5. Lee Ann August 27, 2010 at 19:56 #

I think you are spot on for all the looks . Oh how I wish January Jones would wear the Dior. You are far better at this than their stylists. They should hire you.

• Fashion Critic August 27, 2010 at 20:11 #

I don’t think I could cope with the pressure :D

6. Sally August 27, 2010 at 23:01 #

All your choices are fabulous, but CHendricks in the blue Mischka gown would be perfection. I hope your wish comes true! She would make that dress look phenomenal.

• Fashion Critic August 27, 2010 at 23:30 #

She would look divine in that blue

7. niya August 27, 2010 at 23:12 #

ditto Le Ann – I was just going to say the same thing! I really love your choices FC – if only you could have been their stylist….sigh.

• Fashion Critic August 27, 2010 at 23:30 #

So kind. Thank you

8. Jen August 28, 2010 at 01:27 #

Excellent choices all four! I prefer to describe the colour of the J Mendel as orange sherbert ;) yummy!

9. Pablo August 28, 2010 at 07:41 #

Oh I miss Wish Lists!! :)

Nice choices, FC!! I especially love the J. Mendel gown you picked for Lea and the vibrant blue of Christina’s Badgley Mischka. That colour…

And BTW, Jane Lynch’s stylist should take tips from -Sigourney Weaver, they kinda have a similar complexion and Sigourney tends to be on point on the red carpet.

Nice weekend!!

• Anna August 28, 2010 at 11:32 #

Pablo, you’re right. Jane Lynch should go for strong looks like Sigourney Weaver and Tilda Swinton. She’s so beautiful and statuesque she could carry off their looks and make them her own!

10. mol August 28, 2010 at 08:25 #

My signal is intermittent, on vacay, but just have to cooment on how I love the choce for Christina especially (like them all but I appreciate you taking on a more restrictive body shape…..also I love Pablo’s idea that jane look at what Sigourney does on the RC.

11. DM August 28, 2010 at 11:41 #

You’re so knowledgable, FC. (Also Laura!) Your choices leave nothing to be desired. I really wish the Dior gown is worn this time, it looks fun and fresh without being overly so. Cornflower blue is a good choice for Ms Hendricks, setting off her hair and skin. And also fabulous for Lea. Sigh. I wish I had the knowledge to go about making wish lists.

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2010 at 12:04 #

Thanks DM.

I spend a lot of time on Style.com and I’m always mentally picking which dress would look great on celebs.

12. Cristina August 28, 2010 at 12:43 #

Gorgeous choice for Ms Hendricks. I hope she reads your website and has Badgley Mischka on speed dial. Unfortunately, I’m afraid she will show up in another Christian Siriano monstrosity.

13. Leo August 28, 2010 at 14:26 #

I would love to see January Jones in Atelier Versace again. She would look amazing in this blue gown from spring 2010:

What I really want to see is colour, a lot of it.

14. Rosie August 28, 2010 at 14:50 #

I would love to see January in Dior Resort too! Though I picked the blue ball gown for her :)
    Any idea when wish lists might be back?

15. Jasmine August 28, 2010 at 16:08 #

what a fabulous effort! take a bow, FC! whoever wins or doesn’t on Emmy night, you win our crown ;)

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2010 at 17:11 #

thank you. It wasn’t easy with so much to choose from

16. worship_elle August 28, 2010 at 20:08 #

You should become my stylist! *sigh*

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2010 at 21:08 #