Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Miranda Kerr or Serena Williams

Back in July 2009 Miranda Kerr wore this red printed Louis Vuitton dress which has a ruffle detail cascading down the front.

This dress was worn to Louis Vuitton’s 40th Anniversary party to celebrate the Lunar Landing at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.

Miranda teamed her dress with a belt under the ruffle, black peep-toes and a gold Louis Vuitton ‘African Queen’ clutch.

Serena Williams wore the same dress over a year later to the opening of the new Louis Vuitton Santa Monica boutique in LA.

The tennis star had to hobble to the event due a foot injury. You can see she’s trying to hide the cast on her foot.

Even with the cast, the flats and that out of place bag Serena still wins for me because I prefer the way she wore her LV belt over the ruffle detail on her dress.

Credit: Getty & Berliner Studio/BEImages

Eva Mendes Loves Her Christian Dior Libertine Hobo

Eva Mendes Loves Her Christian Dior Libertine Hobo

Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik's Pre-Wedding Reception - Tatiana Blatnik In J. Mendel

Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik’s Pre-Wedding Reception – Tatiana Blatnik In J. Mendel

11 Responses to Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Miranda Kerr or Serena Williams

1. Shemah August 25, 2010 at 12:45 #

Miranda is gorgeous and being a Victoria’s Secret supermodel, i can’t imagine anything not looking good on her.. but that being said, Serena fills out the dress better and as you mentioned the belt works better over the ruffles. the bag is def out of place but since it’s about who wore the dress better, I say Serena.

2. Rashmi August 25, 2010 at 12:55 #

I think Miranda wears it better as the dress seems flowy… I can hardly make out the belt on her plus i really dont like Serena’s bag. On an aside, i love Serena, will surely miss her at this years US open..

3. Kate August 25, 2010 at 13:00 #

No! The belt over the ruffles RUINS it! The fall of the fabric is so beautiful, Serena makes this dress plain! Even if they swapped accessories, Miranda would still win for me!

4. Sarah August 25, 2010 at 13:54 #

Totally agree that the belt under the ruffle makes the dress more interesting. Plus I like that Miranda also wore her hair up, making the detail at the neckline more visible. Miranda’s got this one.

5. Linda August 25, 2010 at 13:56 #

They both look really nice, but Miranda’s belt under the ruffle is especially lovely, because that ruffle is awesome.

6. lici_u August 25, 2010 at 15:28 #

I agree with FC, even if I`m the only one! Have to admit SERENA looks better than the dress though. You know what I mean?

• mochababe73 August 27, 2010 at 00:13 #

I agree with her as well. Serena looks better in the dress. She actually fills it out. I find Miranda too thin in it.
      Besides, I prefer the belt over the ruffle.

7. Lee Ann August 25, 2010 at 18:12 #

to me Serena looks like a sack tied in the middle-this is such a pretty dress when it is allowed to flow.

8. Taylor August 25, 2010 at 23:45 #

Serena looks great and the belt works on the outside.

9. P. August 26, 2010 at 04:11 #

wow, Serena looks outstanding. I love the LV belt over the dress, because it gives much more glamour to the look. Her face looks pretty gorgeous. I am always amazed on how makeup does miracles with people.

10. LemonPi August 26, 2010 at 21:11 #

They both look lovely but that ruffle is such a feature of the dress I don’t see why you would want to flatten and hide it behind the belt.