25.08.10

The first thing that came to mind when I saw Drew Barrymore outside the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York for her appearance on “Late Night with David Letterman” was “girlfriend love those Trib Two’s”.

Drew has worn a nude pair for 2 promo appearances and grey pair for her last 2 red carpet appearances.

She also wore those same Malandrino hoop earrings to the LA premiere too.

Shoe grumbling aside this is another home run for Drew – in fact this is my favourite look from her this week.

Drew wore a sparkling Richard Chai sequined long sleeved top, paired with navy Camilla and Marc pants which had a satin trim running down the side.

Is this your favourite look from Drew this week, or did you prefer another look?

Drew Barrymore loving her YSL Trib Two’s.

[nggallery id=649]

Credit: Fame, Fame Pictures & Bauer Griffin

Menwear Red Carpet Roundup

Menwear Red Carpet Roundup

Whitney Port Wears Camilla and Marc + Jimmy Choo Heels For The "Kiss For a Cause Event" & "Dior Luncheon"

Whitney Port Wears Camilla and Marc + Jimmy Choo Heels For The “Kiss For a Cause Event” & “Dior Luncheon”

26 Responses to Late Night with David Letterman – Drew Barrymore In Richard Chai & Camilla and Marc

1. Shemah August 25, 2010 at 14:22 #

really!! what is up with her love for her Trib Two’s? I love this look on her.. i loved her Malandrino look a whole lot.. as well as her Pocahontas look. She’s been pretty spot on (minus the shoes) and I love it!

I received two screening invites for her movie tomorrow night and I hope it’s as awesome as her looks..

2. Jasmine August 25, 2010 at 14:39 #

erm… isn’t her innerwear a bit too obvious? i like the look overall, especially since you say the pants are navy and not black, which is what they looked to me!

3. Brooke August 25, 2010 at 14:40 #

Despite the terrible shoe choice, my favorite look was still the Malandrino gold brocade.

4. Symon August 25, 2010 at 14:55 #

whats wrong w her stylist, seriously? the SAME shoes, and they NEVER match w the look, its really stupid, boring boring boring choice! But i love the rest of the look btw, but plz next time Drew take off those YSL trib

5. Z Fashion Blog August 25, 2010 at 15:03 #

This and her LA premiere look are my favourites.
    However I still don’t like whatever she’s done to her hair.

6. Jamie August 25, 2010 at 15:16 #

There is something very unflattering about the cut of her pants here. The entire ensemble really cuts her off – she looks like she’s about 4 foot tall! Yikes.

The fatigue green dress is clearly the winner here – especially considering how it sets off her piecy highlighted hair.

7. Ally August 25, 2010 at 15:19 #

Pleated, shinny mom jeans = aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Insanely unflattering. The top is nice though.

• Moxie August 25, 2010 at 16:54 #

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping that paper-bag pant top was a thing of the distant past. This look would have worked in the 80s, but that is a fashion decade that should be forgotten.

8. LL August 25, 2010 at 15:24 #

I really like her series of looks on this promotional tour. I especially like the gold tones and the beading on the top she wore to Dave. I think we see a lot of nude colored shoes that are meant to recede into the background (I’m including grey in this nude grouping), which i tend to like with outfits like the pants & top, but sometimes feel like the gowns need more than a beige color to accent. I also kind of like the fact that Drew is wearing some of the same shoes; it’s a bit more realistic for someone who’s been in London, LA, and now NYC in about a week. That’s how I would pack if I had that schedule.

9. Rachie August 25, 2010 at 15:47 #

The bra is a no no! The shoes could be better! Love all the rest.

10. frommdq August 25, 2010 at 15:59 #

She is a big enought A list star to make a statement: is fine to rerun clothes on the red carpet. I know fashion industry works with other mottos, but is insane and i think drew is saying so as she did before. Good for her, even whit those unmatching grey trib2

11. Chiara August 25, 2010 at 16:00 #

I like it but the shoes are really a let down…. It’s between this and the Malandrino dress.

12. J August 25, 2010 at 17:49 #

I hate the shoes, I don’t get the color

13. Pavement Frippery August 25, 2010 at 17:50 #

Does anyone know if Rachel Zoe styles Drew? I’m positive I saw the vintage dress on the left on Zoe’s TV show. There are pics on my blog if anyone is interested.

14. moja31 August 25, 2010 at 18:01 #

not understanding the shoe choice at all here.

15. pipsqueak August 25, 2010 at 18:09 #

This would be my fave look if she hadn’t worn the ugly footwear. Now I opted for the middle look – the sage green dress. The LA premiere? I’m sorry I didn’t keep track of locations, for this movie seems terrible to me. I like her hair and make-up in the look.

16. Sophia August 25, 2010 at 18:16 #

She looks beautiful! I think Drew dresses really well lately.

17. mikeijames August 25, 2010 at 18:35 #

i don’t understand how pieces this good can go this wrong. ESPECIALLY on a woman as beautiful as drew berrymore. seriously, she could’ve worn those pants with a simple white tank and black trib twos and looked more pulled together. or the top with some nubby something from chanel and the nude trib twos.

honestly, so close, but yet so far away.

18. Alexandra August 25, 2010 at 20:28 #

damn you YSL for creating trib twos! i was hoping their era is OVER!

• Fashion Critic August 25, 2010 at 20:41 #

I thought it was over too

Ah well

19. Ingrid August 25, 2010 at 20:52 #

yeah i like this look best too :)

20. Marvel August 25, 2010 at 23:13 #

I am not getting the Drew Barrymore hype and I much prefer her promotional tour of Grey Gardens. I do like this look but when it should be considered as a good luck, its a great look in comparison to her recent looks

21. KateS August 26, 2010 at 02:24 #

I love this look, but I think the vintage dress for Nylon was my favourite – love that 60′s sex-kitten style on Drew. She’s doing great things with metallics at the moment.

22. alannah August 26, 2010 at 12:53 #

i think for the first time in ages im really impressed with someones red carpet choices for all their promotions for a movie.
    its not to every ones style but i have loved all of drews looks & could definitely chose a favourite!!

23. mochababe73 August 26, 2010 at 14:21 #

I like the look on Drew. Not something that I would wear.
    The shoes really don’t match the outfit. And, I am not really feeling the long sleeves, but I like the blouse.

24. susan August 26, 2010 at 14:33 #

I hate the pants. They are not flattering what so ever. And she’s like what a size 2 or a 4? Can you imagine what they would look like on someone with curves?