Eva Mendes Loves Her Christian Dior Libertine Hobo

Eva Mendes’ current favourite bag is the Christian Dior Libertine Hobo.

This bag was presented during the Dior Fall 2010 presentation in a variety of colours and in Mongolian fur.

The buttery rose coloured hobo is truly versatile as it suits all of Eva’s look whether she be dress up in a floral print Oscar de la Renta dresses or relaxed in a floral Madewell dress at LAX.

The sublimely supple leather is crafted into graceful folds, adorned with goldtone hardware for a touch of elegance.

If the pink is too girlie for you, Saks.com have this bag in chocolate brown and black.

Credit: Rex, INFDaily & PacificCoastNews

Aubrey Plaza In A.P.C. - 'Afternoon Delight' Premiere

Aubrey Plaza In A.P.C. – ‘Afternoon Delight’ Premiere

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Miranda Kerr or Serena Williams

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better? Miranda Kerr or Serena Williams

14 Responses to Eva Mendes Loves Her Christian Dior Libertine Hobo

1. Polina August 24, 2010 at 19:18 #

Dear Fashion Critic,
    little blurbs at the end of every post are a great addition. Thank you

2. Lee Ann August 24, 2010 at 19:56 #

FC I believe Dior refers to it as Rose ! (-:. Pink sounds so Barbara Cartland.

3. Rebecca August 24, 2010 at 21:19 #

Gee, I think I’ll just run right out and buy one of those $2300 bags! It is gorgeous…and so is Eva–she ALWAYS looks fabulous!

4. mochababe73 August 24, 2010 at 23:12 #

I love the bag. It’s about time that Christian Dior came out with something new. When was the last one-the Gaucho or the Detective.

5. JEAN PAUL August 25, 2010 at 03:48 #

@ mochababe
    Dior releases at least one fashion line every season (most of the time it is more) along with their updates of their classic lines. It is one of the last remaining houses to do so. The Libertine is actually for the winter season, in fall there was the 2Dior and before that in Summer there was the Chri Chri. Detective is a classic Dior creation and Gaucho was the last evolution to the Saddle collection. The above collections I’ve mentioned are truely seasonal and only being done once.

• Lee Ann August 25, 2010 at 09:12 #

They have also released the 3D this season which is stunning

• mochababe73 August 27, 2010 at 00:17 #

Everytime I go to the Dior shop, it’s empty. I don’t know how the place stays open. I love Galliano and the Dior Couture collection, but in order to stay fresh and relevant in the handbag market, one needs to come out with something new. How many saddle bags and Lady bags can one woman buy? It seems as though their accessories division takes a back seat to everything else.
        I am an accessories lover so as far as I am concerned, there’s bore me.

• Lee Ann August 27, 2010 at 09:50 #

Mochababe-Since I don’t know which store you go into I can’t really comment specofically. I can only speak mainly for the Sloane Street Dior store although a New Bond Street Store will be opening soon. The SS store was almost empty in May because the SS10 collection sold so well they were out of stock of mostly everything. I used to laugh with the staff that they might as well go home sonce they had nothing to sell. They ended up restocking via other stores to get some stock but that proved difficult since those stores were reluctant to give over stock and lose sales .
          With regards to accessories SS always has a good selection and as Jean Paul discusses above the selection is more than just Lady D and saddlebags although the former do get the biggest shelf space. Haven’t seen a saddle bag for years.
          With regards to the more exclusive bag designs , the stores only order a few of each to keep them exclusive-who wants to see lots of people walking around with your £4000 + bag. For example, you can forget about the Lizard 3 D bag in SS cause my friend bought the only one. Also each store is given a budget so they spend it where they will sell the most so the fact that they are empty means they are selling which is exactly the reason they stay in business.
          Lastly accessories do not take a back seat. In fact on the jewelry side they just hired Camille Micelli an extremely prestigous designer. if you analyse their business sales, accessories is their core business.
          They just manage the exclusitivity of the brand brillantly.
          And if you love shoes – they are exquisite especially this season.
          Lastly- sorry going on a bit- if you do not go to the main stores to see the accessories than I agree concession stores like Selfridges are dull but that is because they sell the more mainstream items. The exclusive more interesting designs are kept at the main stores.

6. Z FASHION BLOG August 25, 2010 at 06:02 #

One of my least favourite DIor bags..
    Too bulky and cheap looking even though it costs $$$$$

• Lee Ann August 25, 2010 at 09:13 #

I agree that it looks cheap in the pictures but in real life the leather is soft , buttery and quite expensive looking. It is very large.

7. kiwi August 25, 2010 at 07:22 #

hate the bag

8. Jasmine August 25, 2010 at 10:49 #

I love big bags, but am not feeling this one. I can almost touch the leather though — it looks so delicious! Pity the design’s so meh.

9. Terry August 25, 2010 at 14:31 #

Not impressed by the style of this bag – it reminds me of YSL Roadie meeting a Giorgio Armani bag seen on Megan Fox some years ago.

10. SarahV August 25, 2010 at 17:36 #

I love it!! Shame I can NOT afford this one. I’d probably go for chocolate or black…