“Going The Distance” LA Premiere – Kate Beckinsale In Versace

Kate Beckinsale looked beautiful as she walked the red carpet at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre for the LA Premiere of “Going The Distance” last night.

The British actress wore a white leather Versace Resort 2011 mini shift dress.

I really like the black dotted pocket-flap details.

When you think of Versace you think for daring and sexy, but Kate knows how to take a downtown look and give it an uptown finish.

You know what coming next.

Why those shoes?

I know many of you have told me she has issues with her toes/feet, but why does her selection always have to look so heavy?

A cute ponytail, Baccarat jewels and an Armani clutch completed her look.

[nggallery id=647]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Getty

"Going The Distance" LA Premiere - Drew Barrymore In Malandrino

“Going The Distance” LA Premiere – Drew Barrymore In Malandrino

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Catherine Malandrino, Mary J Blige or Drew Barrymore

22 Responses to “Going The Distance” LA Premiere – Kate Beckinsale In Versace

1. Judy August 24, 2010 at 15:32 #

Boring! The Versace heels were made to go with that .

Also, a ponytail??? I like the way the hair looks swept back but the Pony wants his tail back!

2. dee August 24, 2010 at 15:40 #

I like this look. Kate looks really cute in this dress.

3. Ayesha August 24, 2010 at 15:47 #

i love this look,sorry FC but i don’t really mind the black shoes here…

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2010 at 15:51 #

it’s not the colour I objected to, it’s the heaviness. I think I do say that.

• Brooke August 24, 2010 at 16:26 #

Agreed – if it were a black sandal the look would’ve been beyond reproach. I think the Jimmy Choo ‘Private’ would actually look very sharp with this frock. She must at least have a studded Giuseppe Zanotti somewhere in her closet.

• HM August 24, 2010 at 17:01 #

I know exactly why she wore those heavy shoes…to balance that very very heavy piece of hair! LOL.

4. Shruti August 24, 2010 at 16:11 #

The word that came to mind soon as i saw this was ‘delightful’ :D

Really really like everything about the look. Kate is a beautiful woman anyway. Me thinks BDOTW worthy.

5. Lee Ann August 24, 2010 at 16:48 #

I like her look-yes the shoes look heavy-maybe in patent it would work better-don’t mind black giving the detailing in the dress and I don’t mind pumps as I think very strappy sandals could be a bit twee. Whilst I like the sandals on the model I think it would have screamed fashion victim had she worn them.

6. pipsqueak August 24, 2010 at 18:00 #

I really like this look. I think ponytail works well on Kate. I don’t mind the pumps, though I’d wish for less heavy shoes if she were someone else (with skinnier legs or just cooler demeanor). With Kate, pumps are probably most flattering.

7. moja31 August 24, 2010 at 18:52 #

different shoes would have done wonders for this look. it’s hard to make leather look boring, but this dress almost does it.

8. shap_half August 24, 2010 at 19:37 #

She looks perfect! I don’t mind the pumps at all. I really like the b&w combo in total.

9. Hannah August 24, 2010 at 20:22 #

Fair enough that she hasnt got the greatest toes, but she could surely still wear peep toes, or even other sandals. Many celebritied ahv ehideous hadns but they dont wear gloves.

10. joe August 24, 2010 at 22:06 #

LOL! What are these so-called issues she has with her toes and feet? You people don’t have a clue what this woman thinks, feels, or has issues with. None of you have even met her.

As for her toes and feet, they look great. She often jokes she has big feet, but they are big, beautiful feet.

The woman is downright perfection.

11. Marvel August 24, 2010 at 22:10 #

The Versace 2011 Resort collection was one of my favs and Im glad to see its debut. Kate looks great but I object to both the colour and the heaviness of the shoes. Kate should have invested in a pair of Jimmy Choos

12. Dorian Gray August 24, 2010 at 22:33 #

I LOVE the Versace 2011 Resort collection (even more than FW 2010) and I wish others will wear it sooner or later. I love the colours and, as always, the patterns.

13. Ashley August 24, 2010 at 23:20 #

She’s wearing Ferragamo (same ones SJP wore to the SATC2 premiere) & they haven’t been that popular on the red carpet! I think the Oscar de la Renta mixed media pumps or the Brian Atwood Vixen sandals would have looked much better :)

14. mochababe73 August 24, 2010 at 23:30 #

I love the dress on her. She looks amazing, and I don’t mind the ponytail or the shoes.
    From what I understand, Taylor Jacobson, Rachel Zoe’s former Style Director, is her personal stylist.

15. Ev August 25, 2010 at 05:18 #

I would’ve loved a ponytail of straight hair with this look much more than what she has here. The shoes are too boring for this dress (and I don’t even mind the heavyness that much).

16. kiwi August 25, 2010 at 07:21 #

What an adorable look.. I don’t mind the shoes at all for a change.. she’s looking sooo cute. Love the dress and the pony

17. J August 25, 2010 at 14:29 #

Perfection, as always <3

18. crazyme97 August 25, 2010 at 15:32 #

love the dress.
    but the shoes made the look looks pretty heavy.
    i prefer her in nude casadei pumps, or the brian atwood nude pumps.

19. gossip_bangkok August 25, 2010 at 17:15 #

Love the look! :) I don’t mind the black pumps…