Audi And Chopard Emmy Week Kick-Off Party – Jayma Mays In Christian Cota

Jayma Mays also attended the “Emmy Week Kick-Off Party” hosted by Audi and Chopard last night.

The ‘Glee’ actress shimmered in a silvery lame Christian Cota Spring 2010 one-shoulder dress.

The first thing I said when I saw Jayma was, “Thank God she shortened her dress”.

If she’d kept the length she would’ve looked quite matronly and not as fun and sassy.

She added metallic silver accessories to her look which included Brian Atwood ‘Wagner’ peep toes, and a Salvatore Ferragamo box clutch.

As it was a Chopard event Jayma dazzled in their jewels.

Head-to-toe I love this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Christina Ricci In Christian Siriano for Timex - 2012 MTV Movie Awards

Christina Ricci In Christian Siriano for Timex – 2012 MTV Movie Awards

"Going The Distance" LA Premiere - Drew Barrymore In Malandrino

“Going The Distance” LA Premiere – Drew Barrymore In Malandrino

29 Responses to Audi And Chopard Emmy Week Kick-Off Party – Jayma Mays In Christian Cota

1. molly August 23, 2010 at 22:11 #

I love it!
    She has great syle all the time, but I think this is one of her all time best looks!
    best dressed of the week?
    And i agree, im glad she shortened the dress. Its too ‘motherly’ while its long.

• Fashion Critic August 23, 2010 at 22:34 #

i say yes, but lets see how the week goes

2. Marvel August 23, 2010 at 22:31 #

I LOVE this look as well.
    I am so glad to see Glee is becoming bigger and as a result we are seeing more of the stars (apart from Lea) who are getting more recognition.

3. mochababe73 August 23, 2010 at 23:26 #

I like the dress, and she looks good in it. The material is pretty. Not a fan of the one strap.

4. Lula August 24, 2010 at 00:18 #

I disagree on the shortening front.
    I think that shortening it ruins it and makes it just like every other shiny cocktail dress that every celeb seems to be wearing.
    Its so much classier and elegant in the original version, and i dont think her legs are particularly nice so why is she trying to show them off.

• Linda August 25, 2010 at 00:25 #

Yeah, she would have looked really elegant in the original length….too bad. However, she does look nice.

5. Laura August 24, 2010 at 00:24 #

Absolutely marvelous. The sheen doesn’t always work well, but it does on Jayma. I like it shorter. She looks like she’s ready to be the life of the party.

6. shap_half August 24, 2010 at 00:53 #

She looks great. The dress really flatters her.
    I love how she styled her hair, too.

It’s only been two days, but she and Stana Katic are the only girls I’ve seen so far who could potentially make the BDOTW poll.

7. mimi August 24, 2010 at 01:16 #

OMG are those annoying gumgum ads gone for good?
    She looks great btw, she might be bdotw worthy

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2010 at 09:24 #

As a blogger who has to pay a lot for celebrity pictures, those “annoying gumgum ads” allow me to use pictures at a lower rate.

Sorry it annoys you so much, but a lot of bloggers excluding JustJared and Perez Hilton don’t pay for pictures. They steal them from forums.

I know one blogger who has charged £2,000 for stealing pictures.

Its not a black and white as you assume.

I can not add pictures with gumgum ads, but then I wouldn’t be able to afford as much content and I would therefore post less.

• Anna August 24, 2010 at 11:01 #

You do what you have to do to keep us up to date on red carpet style! I don’t complain about ads in magazines, and I’m sure not going to complain about them here. You should get paid for what you do FC!!

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2010 at 13:29 #

thanks for your support :D

• Jasmine August 24, 2010 at 11:17 #

we’ll put up with the ads, FC, don’t post less! we’re all addicted to you :)

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2010 at 13:28 #

I’m way too addicted not to blog :D

• bettybrandenburg August 24, 2010 at 12:09 #

… and I thought you were doing this out of the goodness of your heart ;-) Good response!

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2010 at 13:28 #

Oh but I am ;)

8. Hannah August 24, 2010 at 01:22 #

I really like this look, but it seems a little matchy matchy, but I blame theback-drop for that, since she is wearing silverall over with diamond jewellery against awhite backdrop and blakc and white marble floor.

9. Leo August 24, 2010 at 01:34 #

She looks great on this dress, it looks sexy but still has a touch of softness. I just adore Christian Cota, his one of my favourite new designers, I so wish we saw more of him on the red carpet.

10. moja31 August 24, 2010 at 02:30 #

this is the best she’s ever looked, i love everything about it.

• Fraser August 24, 2010 at 14:20 #

Ditto – BDOTW (so far) for me – love how the fabric looks like it is flowing around here body :)

11. kiwi August 24, 2010 at 06:16 #

lovely look

12. Z FASHION BLOG August 24, 2010 at 06:24 #

Simply elegant. Very nice indeed.

She could have added a necklace though..
    I’m sure she had access to all the Chopard jewels she wanted.

13. kiwi August 24, 2010 at 06:30 #

FC, love the “you must also like.. ” Thanks for the add on feature

• Fashion Critic August 24, 2010 at 09:19 #

thank you. It needs a lot of work as it should be related to the post.

14. Ali August 24, 2010 at 08:36 #

For some reason it reminds me of the Pamela Roland that Angelina Jolie wore last week in Paris?

I think a better pop of colour could have come from the shoes and accessories – perhaps a statement blue?

15. Gaber August 24, 2010 at 11:49 #

I think that the fabric works better with the longer length.
    That’s why I feel that this look would be just perfect if the dress was from a different material (or just a different colour) since everything else works superbly in her favour.

16. bettybrandenburg August 24, 2010 at 12:09 #

I think just above knee length would have been better. This way it’s just another sparkly mini, which in my view ruins what’s special about the dress.

17. june August 24, 2010 at 13:10 #

she’s so cute in this

18. dee August 24, 2010 at 19:25 #

I like it shorter on her. She is rockin that dress.