22.08.10

Funny Girls @ The 62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Comedienne’s tend not to take the red carpet too seriously, but Jane Lynch and Kathy Griffin look like they did at the 62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards.

OK Jane wasn’t the best dressed at this event, but she tried.

I like how the dress was designed to give her a narrow waist.

Kathy on the other had looks gorgeous in her dress.

The colours are really complementary to her fair skin and red hair.

I’m surprised that she was one of my favourites.

Credit: Getty

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards - Gorgeous Gowns

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards – Gorgeous Gowns

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards - Dark Gowns

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards – Dark Gowns

11 Responses to Funny Girls @ The 62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards

1. JJ August 22, 2010 at 14:17 #

“OK Jane was the best dressed at this event, but she tried.” – i think you meant to say wasn’t the best dressed. i think with her skin tone she could get away with a lot of gorgeous colours. Anyway, I’m willing to give her time to stun us – i see plenty potential.
    I hear what you’re saying about Kathy but I’m not sure about the pattern – it somewhat reminds me of a table-cloth :-(

2. erik August 22, 2010 at 14:51 #

You said: “OK Jane was the best dressed at this event, but she tried.” but dont you mean “wasn’t”? Anyhow I think Kathy looks amazing

3. Marvel August 22, 2010 at 16:07 #

I like Jane Lynch but not loving the dress. I really like Kathy Grifin and for once this dress looks decent.

4. mochababe73 August 22, 2010 at 16:34 #

Jane did try. I like seeing her in a gown.
    I think that Kathy looks good. Compared to what she usually wears on the red carpet, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

5. Laura August 22, 2010 at 17:14 #

The straight on shot of Jane is downright awful. Makes her look like she gained a ton of weight. But from other angles this dress isn’t near as bad and more flattering. However, that’s no consolation to whoever styled her. You have to take into account how she’ll look at all angles.

I kinda like Kathy’s look. The shape looks good on her body, but the color isn’t right for her.

6. em August 22, 2010 at 17:22 #

wow i totally love Kathy’s look!! love the pattern, colour, cut – she looks great!

7. Lee Ann August 22, 2010 at 17:58 #

Kathy should fire her stylist the colour is just so wrong with strawberry blonde hair -plus the style looks like something a teen wore in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

8. molly August 22, 2010 at 22:09 #

I think Jane looked wonderful!
    I think the color of Kathys dress was horrid with her hair. She needs to have dark hair to pull off this color. The design was great though.

9. pipsqueak August 22, 2010 at 22:45 #

To me, both dresses had some fish-like, acquatic quality. But Jane looked like wrapped up in foil and the attempt to give her a slimmer waist wasn’t quite successful, whereas Kathy looked gorgeous. I’m surprised too. While I love Kathy’s stand-up comedy, I don’t peg her as someone with great style. This is a really pretty dress – looks a bit like a modified kimono, including the print.

10. dee August 23, 2010 at 15:40 #

I think Kathy looks fabulous. That gown really works for her coloring and body type.

11. robbie August 23, 2010 at 17:12 #

its weird seeing jane in a dress after he never ending glee wardrobe of adidas tracksuits! but she does look nice, just not good material looks like tin foil and the fit is a bit bad.

kathy though! she has been looking pretty good lately at events.