Leighton Meester was your Best Dressed this week wearing a Nanette Lepore Lady Gambler printed dress.

I was surprised to learn that many of you were not happy about her inclusion in the poll because this look was an on-set look rather than a red carpet look.

I think Joy speaks for all those who voted for Leighton when she said, “All of the stars in the poll are styled by some stylist. Why would Rachel Zoe be different than Eric Daman?”

As much as I loved how Leighton’s tropical dress captured my eye, I was totally in love with Angelina Jolie this week.

Promoting “Salt” she gave us a variety of looks and managed to steer clear of black until the very end.

I had a huge internal battle between her Elie Saab dress and the Pamella Roland dress.

Roland wins because it was the most beautiful she looked all week.

She glowed as she took my breath away.

Credit: PacificCoastNews & Getty

In Brandy's Closet - Camilla Skovgaard Black Platform Sandals

In Brandy’s Closet – Camilla Skovgaard Black Platform Sandals

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards - Cocktail Dresses

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards – Cocktail Dresses

12 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Leighton Meester In Nanette Lepore & Angelina Jolie In Pamella Roland

1. shruti August 22, 2010 at 13:08 #

I think someone mentioned it the last time Angelina did colour. It’s more about seeing her in something different than it is about the look actually being stunning in itself. The Saab was a pretty plain dress so I didn’t really see the appeal beyond the colour. The Roland is definitely fancier but compared to some of the other looks in the poll, I don’t see anything special about her overall look. It’s almost like people are making concessions for her because she hasn’t really looked that stunning in a long while. The hair is awful (both cut and colour) and so is her frame. Dianna and Leighton were clear winners this week. Just my opinion though :)

• shruti August 22, 2010 at 14:09 #

Also speaking for people who didn’t think Leighton’s on-set look should’ve been included in the poll, I think where they’re coming from is that the looks on a red carpet are definitely a greater reflection of an actress’ personal style. They have stylists but when not on camera, they definitely have a greater say in how they want to look as opposed to when they’re dressed for a tv show or a movie. If someone like Taylor Momsen had something pretty on for GG, I definitely wouldn’t think she had anything to do with the look given her personal style off the show. A Drew Barrymore in a $25 thrift store dress that she picked out would definitely be more worthy of inclusion in a best dressed poll than a Drew Barrymore in one of her on-set looks. So I see where people are coming from but I didnt mind the inclusion at all. She’s absolutely lovely and the look’s just too pretty to overlook!

• Hannah August 22, 2010 at 22:04 #

I agree with I tihnk everything you said, but Taylor actually self-styled while she was on the show, probably with slight guidance (she did wear trousers sometimeson the show) of the styling team. I do notreally agree with either Leighton or Angie winning, but I do understand and respect why they won. My personal favourite wasJessica, I can not sing her praises enough!

• Emma August 22, 2010 at 19:18 #

Totally agree – it’s like a knee-jerk reaction: “Angelina’s not wearing black! She looks great!”

Sorry, but I think she looks AWFUL here. The matchy-matchy shoes are terrible, her hair looks like a Little House on the Prairie updo, and the color is not flattering on her pale, waif-thin frame. Can’t get behind this pick at all.

• Cassie August 24, 2010 at 06:14 #

Agree with all the above. Don’t see the appeal at all especially given the other great looks in the poll. People like Jessica, Dianna…their looks were actually interesting. Had something more to offer than a shiny dress on a person who usually wears black. Also liked Jen’s look. It was definitely better put together. Angelina just looks haggard and unwell these days.

2. Laura August 22, 2010 at 16:59 #

I do get what people are saying about this not being Leighton. However, I think she still deserves to be included. BDOTW is about recognizing great picks (mostly by stylists) and the celebrity for wearing the look right. Eric Daman made a great pick, and Leighton wore it well. That equals BDOTW contention for me.

I wasn’t as wowed by the Pamella Roland when I first saw it. But now, I kinda love it. The subtle details like the straps really enhance the look. And Angie gives it a retro feel. And the dress gives her some curves, especially in the boob area.

3. Jane August 22, 2010 at 17:56 #

I’m one of those people who doesn’t quite understand the inclusion of the Gossip Girl on set outfits. Though I agree with the point you and some of your readers made that the celebrities on the red carpet are styled just like the actors on the t.v show are, for me it’s still different. When I’m looking at event pictures, I’m not just going straight for the clothes that are being worn, I’m looking for the attitude, the personality, the individuality the person is or isn’t sending out. That’s what makes outfits excite me, so I suppose I don’t see it as just another actress being dress by a stylist. However, it doesn’t annoy me any way and like I said, I can understand your point so I just think it’s no big deal.

4. Sophia August 22, 2010 at 20:39 #

I don’t think that Angelina won only because she wasn’t wearing black.
    I don’t understand why people are surprised that she wore this dress anyway. Okay, it’s not exactly what she usually wears but I still have no problem with her preference for black dresses. By the way, I didn’t even notice that for a long time, haha. And I think she derseved to win because this dress is so cute!

5. CASS August 23, 2010 at 10:51 #

I actually preferred the other dress Angelina wore because the colour was beautiful on her but this dress is amazing on her too.

6. moja31 August 23, 2010 at 17:42 #

yes stars are largely being styled by stylists, whether they are on the red carpet or on set, but perhaps the difference is that an on set outfit is chosen to reflect a character and not the actress; so in a sense “Blair Waldorf” was really this week’s best dressed, not Leighton herself.
    anyhoo, i didn’t vote for either of these looks; Diana Agron was my favorite.

7. Cristina August 23, 2010 at 18:53 #

Great choice! Angelina looks amazing!

8. eve July 7, 2011 at 11:51 #

Angelina does look great !!!!!!!!!!