22.08.10

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards – Cocktail Dresses

The 62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards took place in LA yesterday, with many stars opting to go short.

Miranda Cosgrove of course went short.

The teen star opted for an adorable Marchesa silver embroidered strapless mini dress which she wore with our second ‘favourite’ red carpet heels – the Casadei triple platform pumps.

A two-tone Genevieve Jones clutch completed the look.

Mel B looked beautiful wearing a black silk strapless WTB Fall 2010 dress with leather peplum.

Mel continued the black theme pairing her dress with a black clutch and black peep-toes.

I’m hot just looking at her.

WTB is designed by designer/musician Nikki Lund and Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora. The collection premiered during LA Fashion Week back in March.

It’s a tad unfortunate that Mary Lynn Rajskub’s strapless BCBG Max Azria dress looks a little too tight on the bust, because her dress with the frothy tiered ruffled skirt is gorgeous and perfect for red carpet on a gloriously sunny day.

Chelsea Staub also opted for a cute frothy look.

Her BCBG Max Azria strapless pleated dress was worn with matching pumps.

I love the pop of colour via her red clutch.

Wanda Sykes opted for a autumn plum sparkler which she teamed with a silver Judith Leiber clutch and matching peep-toes.

Kristin Chenoweth looked gorgeous wearing a custom Matthew Christopher blue strapless dress with silver embellished details.

Silver Jimmy Choo heels complemented her mini.

[nggallery id=644]

Credit: Fame Pictures

Best Dressed Of The Week – Leighton Meester In Nanette Lepore & Angelina Jolie In Pamella Roland

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards - Gorgeous Gowns

62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards – Gorgeous Gowns

14 Responses to 62nd Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards – Cocktail Dresses

1. Anna August 22, 2010 at 12:12 #

Kristin Chenoweth – swoon!

2. JJ August 22, 2010 at 14:21 #

This was an event where anyone could have gotten away with colour. (At least Wanda and Kristin tried.) I’m so surprised at how detail and colour-less they are. A bit too simplistic. (wrinkly) Satin is not a great idea for a sunny day Kristin. Not bad though.

3. Marvel August 22, 2010 at 16:10 #

Mary Lynn Ragskub is absolutely stunning.. So far BD for me. I love her hair here.Kristen Chenoworth looks nice but too much botox on the face.

4. mochababe73 August 22, 2010 at 16:29 #

I find Kristin’s dress to look cheap I don’t like the workmanship at all.
    Chelsea Staub was my favorite. But, to be honest, I am underwhelmed. Everything is safe.

5. Laura August 22, 2010 at 17:07 #

Love Miranda’s dress, but wish she pulled her hair back so that we could see the neckline more. I actually like Mel B’s look. That’s saying something. All I see when I look at Mary Lynn is squashed boobs, which is unfortunate.

Chelsea’s look is summery and beautiful. Happy she added the red. It really spices up the look. Wanda Sykes has the potential to look gorgeous. I just wish she would take her body more into consideration when dressing. Love the color and detail of Kristin’s dress, but the puckering fabric is distracting me.

6. VB Lover August 22, 2010 at 18:34 #

FC I love it when you do these group posts! I miss back in the day when you used to do one post per event!!!

• Fashion Critic August 22, 2010 at 18:50 #

Sorry. Unfortunatley too many pics in one post slow down the server x

7. Tania August 22, 2010 at 19:19 #

Mel B looks fantastic!

8. Hannah August 22, 2010 at 21:44 #

I love Miranda Cosgrove, she always looks acceptable and very beautiful, but I was hoping she wore something close rot her other versus looks, which blew me away. I wish Lily Collins was at this event beacause she hasnt been on the red carpet in ages, and I really miss her AMAZING to die for eyebrows.

9. Rebel August 23, 2010 at 02:55 #

Wow Mel B looks fantastic!

10. Idealist August 23, 2010 at 05:04 #

Wanda Sykes in a dress showin sum leg? OMG! She’s always in a pants suit….I’m sold on this 1

11. dee August 23, 2010 at 15:44 #

The only one I think looks great is Mel B.

12. robbie August 23, 2010 at 17:17 #

miranda looks really nice, didnt dakota fanning also wear the same dress on a chat show a few months ago?

mel b… the b is for boringggggggggg!

mary lynn, its nice but a little prom princess for my taste.

chelsea, i wondered wear my whipped cream went but now i know she is wearing it.

wanda, DAMN who knew she had such good legs!

kristin, i LOVE her so much and this dress is gorgeous and the shoes are lovely.

• Fashion Critic August 23, 2010 at 17:28 #