Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Aishwarya Rai or Liu Wen

Since Heatworld have copied each of my Who Wore It Better? polls this week, I thought I would stump them today by featuring two stunning beauties that their Kerry Katona loving readers won’t understand.

Aishwarya Rai looked stunning wearing an Elie Saab Spring 2010 gown to the 2010 Longines Charity Dinner which was held in Paris back in June.

I was in total awe of the Indian actress as she took my breath away with her grace and beauty.

Flawless make-up and a gold clutch completed her look.

Chinese supermodel Liu Wen wore the same dress to Marie Claire’s Style event which was held at the Shangri-La Hotel last week. (Check out her amazing Vogue China September 2010 editorial)

She’s no stranger to Elie Saab’s designs, as she walked the runway during his Fall 2010 Couture presentation.

Liu opted for two pops of colour by sporting bold red lips and bubblegum pink Bottega Veneta knot marcapunto stitched clutch.

Although Liu’s pink clutch is a cute idea, I guess I’m more old fashioned because I loved way Aishwarya gold clutch complements the studs on her exquisite gown.

I also prefer this gown with the hair up so Aishwarya wins on two counts.

Credit: Style.com, Sabrina & Marie Claire China

In Drew Barrymore's Closet - McQ Alexander McQueen Knot Shoulder Cape Dress

In Drew Barrymore’s Closet – McQ Alexander McQueen Knot Shoulder Cape Dress

Style Spotlight - Dree Hemingway

Style Spotlight – Dree Hemingway

20 Responses to Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Aishwarya Rai or Liu Wen

1. JessNess August 20, 2010 at 12:14 #

Heatworld are scum

Does anyone actually rely on them for fashion anyway.

They should stick to featuring chavs like Kerry Katona and Alex Gerrard.

• Fashion Critic August 20, 2010 at 12:15 #

In total agreement with you

• Hannah August 20, 2010 at 16:36 #

Why rely on them for fashion when we have red carpet fashion awards? They have stupid stories and copyign ways.
      Abouth the actual post I adore Both looks, but I adore Liu Wen too much, she is such an amazing model and she issobeautiful (she looks like my best friend), I love thevenetaclutch, so for those reasons I had to vote for her.
      That aside I agree that Aishwarya looksbetter in the dress, Liu has a great body, but one needs curves to pull this off.

2. miwa August 20, 2010 at 12:40 #

Liu definitely. I love her red lips and she just looks stunning.

3. Ally August 20, 2010 at 12:46 #

Does Aishwarya ever have an off day?? Aishwarya + Elie Saab = *SWOON*

• Fashion Critic August 20, 2010 at 13:11 #

No and I hope she never does.

4. Laura August 20, 2010 at 12:56 #

I cannot believe the audacity of Heatworld! They’ve copied so many of your Who Wore it Better features:

• Fashion Critic August 20, 2010 at 13:12 #

The funny thing is they don’t even leave it a day. The copy that very same day with all my observations.

Very lazy journalism.

I wondered what they did when I was on vacation.

• ude August 20, 2010 at 14:02 #

died? or just my optimism
        aishwarya looks stunning in this design

• Sharon August 20, 2010 at 22:16 #

They probably did the same thing we did — count the days til you returned.

• Deborah August 21, 2010 at 08:58 #

WOW! I have never heard about this website before… but I went and checked it out. THEY REALLY COPIED! Lame…
        “I wondered what they did when I was on vacation”. haahha!

5. Vidhya August 20, 2010 at 14:14 #

Gold cluthch with silver embellishments … im nt such a fan.. the pink clutch is so daring and pretty… her hair loses out tho :(

6. Jeremy August 20, 2010 at 14:39 #

FC, did you got any residual check from your posts that were stolen? ( and I mean not Heatworld only, but other publication as well, I think you mention some online magazine stole your work…)

• Fashion Critic August 20, 2010 at 14:41 #

Unfortunately no.

I’m in the middle of a legal battle with one large online website for copying posts word for word, and Heat will be receiving notification at some point next week.

7. Moxie August 20, 2010 at 16:06 #

Aishwarya owns that look!

8. DJ August 20, 2010 at 16:09 #

its Aishwarya all the way man! i wish she wore her hair down but other than that, she’s perfect! she’s just like wine, getting better with age. and im not talking just about that gown now.. :) she’s just divinely, ethereally beautiful!

9. pipsqueak August 20, 2010 at 18:56 #

Aish wins for me. This gown seemed too heavy and overwhelming on Liu’s small frame. I think Liu can pull off many edgy looks and street styles way better, however.

10. yep August 20, 2010 at 19:49 #

grace and beauty. so well seen!

11. LizLemooooon August 20, 2010 at 20:17 #

Liu is my favourite! I think she looks kind of like a glam/goth with that poker straight hair and red lips. Aishwarya looks great too obvs bit Liu is very striking so she wins for me.

p.s. Sorry for all your Heatworld/various copyright troubles. You’ve done a great job at making your this site successful, well read and well researched and it’s kind of baffling that a magazine that is (sadly) popular would be so lazy and just steal articles.
    I hope things go in your favour!

12. john August 21, 2010 at 07:42 #

Aishwarya looks gorgeous and hot. Aishwarya wins wihtout any doubt.