Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Balenciaga

It’s been a very long while since we saw a celeb wearing a Balenciaga look.

Excluding accessories this is the first time we’re seeing a look from the Pre-Fall 2010 collection, and we’re yet to see the Fall 2010 and Resort 2011 collection worn by a celeb as well.

Rihanna took some time out from her busy schedule to enjoy an family dinner with her younger brother in New York City last night.

The singer looked good wearing a caramel Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2010 dress with some pretty strange green wedges.

This look feels very muted for Rihanna, especially on a night out, but considering she was with her kid brother this is not surprising.

I do however wish she added just a few more accessories to the look.

[nggallery id=643]

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin & INFDaily

Opening of Louis Vuitton Santa Monica to Benefit Heal the Bay - Sofia Vergara In Louis Vuitton

Opening of Louis Vuitton Santa Monica to Benefit Heal the Bay – Sofia Vergara In Louis Vuitton

Opening of Louis Vuitton Santa Monica to Benefit Heal the Bay - Kristen Bell In Louis Vuitton

Opening of Louis Vuitton Santa Monica to Benefit Heal the Bay – Kristen Bell In Louis Vuitton

23 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Balenciaga

1. Idealist August 20, 2010 at 18:17 #

I don’t like this dress it kinda looks like a potatoe sack. Mayb its just the pic bcuz it looks decent on the model….

• Fashion Critic August 20, 2010 at 18:19 #

It’s not a great angle or picture so maybe we can give her the benefit of the doubt

2. Chiara August 20, 2010 at 18:20 #

I’m glad as well. Balenciaga SS2010 was my favorite collection of the summer and almost nobody wore piece of this collection…

3. Ruth August 20, 2010 at 18:23 #

I really like her hair in this pic… it’s longer and falls more on her face. Makes you forget how red it is..

• Carolina August 24, 2010 at 03:40 #

omg i kinda really like it too it makes me forget that it s red also.

4. Mario August 20, 2010 at 18:23 #

Oh my God, her new haircut is amazing ♥

• Naomi August 20, 2010 at 19:50 #

Yeah, it really does look great. I just hope she’ll grow out of her red phase soon…

5. Sophia August 20, 2010 at 18:33 #

I really love this dress and the shoes are pretty interesting, too. ^_^
    Plus she looks amazingly beautiful with that hairdo. Love it. x3

6. mahsa August 20, 2010 at 18:35 #

oh nooooo rihanna leave balenciaga alone

7. mol August 20, 2010 at 19:11 #

I think she looks great, maybe just the addition of a thin belt (as the model wears) would have finished the look off better – I’m liking her hair more and more.

8. Lee Ann August 20, 2010 at 19:18 #

You got to hand it to this girl she really cannot get it right. Finally when she wears a dress where her edgy accessories would work what does she do? She goes all prim. Ok the red tights would have looked peculiar with her hair but bare legs and silky turquoise wedges???

• Lee Ann August 20, 2010 at 19:26 #

From the front I thought they could be Dries shoes but not from the sides. I wonder who’s they are

9. Little J August 20, 2010 at 19:48 #

This is the best I’ve seen her look in a long time because I don’t like her overly edgy look. The colour looks gorgeous on her.

10. justme August 20, 2010 at 19:54 #

I don’t really like the dress and those wedges are all kinds of ugly.
    I do like the new haircut tho.

11. Rebecca August 20, 2010 at 20:29 #

I think she looks fabulous–almost always. She’s not wearing what other people wear, she is creating her own distinctive look. I say, go, girl!

12. Hannah August 20, 2010 at 22:05 #

I love thedress, I hate the shoes, they seem really clunky and a peculiar colour and shape. I also hate the makeup, but I prefe the hairstyle, minues the colour. Seeing her next to her brother makes me miss her old hair so much more. I have to say I am not surprised Balenciaga is rarelyworn on the red carpet, recently the styles have been more edgy, and the main balenciaga celebrities (cate blanchett, Julianne Moore, Jennifer Connell) aren’t promoting anything. Balenciaga is much more of a fashion (publications etc) than red carpet brand, so although I wish it had more red carpet appearances.

13. gossip_bangkok August 21, 2010 at 05:00 #

I love the shoes! :) I think the last time I saw someone wearing a Balenciaga dress is Kristen Stewart on some red carpet. Wonder why we rarely see someone wearing Balenciaga.

14. Ayesha August 21, 2010 at 07:48 #

she should’ve left the belt at least,it looks so plain.

15. mikeijames August 21, 2010 at 13:59 #

i love her in an understated look like this. in a perfect world, she’d have nabbed a matching belt, but the dress is sort of genius on its own.

16. mochababe73 August 21, 2010 at 15:54 #

Not a fan of the wedges. She should have worn heels.
    While I am not a fan of the color, I really like the dress.

17. Marvel August 21, 2010 at 19:22 #

Her hair is starting to look like Justin Bieber’s :)

The dress does nothing for her but I like the colour of the heels

18. shruti August 21, 2010 at 21:06 #

The dress looks a lot like the pink Prada Gwyneth Paltrow wore at the National Movie Awards in May this year…

19. JJ August 22, 2010 at 14:27 #

Yikes! The model needs to eat something. Ok now that that’s off my chest Riri’s outfit works for me. The colours (including that of her hair which can’t be ignored) go well together.