Who Wore Lanvin Better? Natalie Portman or Cat Deeley

This is going to be a tough one, because I didn’t particularly like this Lanvin Spring 2010 dress on either Natalie Portman nor Cat Deeley.

The only person who seemed to make this look work was the model.

Natalie was the first to attempt to pull off this tricky look when she attended the 2010 New York City Ballet Spring Gala back in March.

She tried to dazzle in this look by pairing her look with an out of place black Lanvin clutch, a bejeweled belt and strappy sandals but none of it worked for me.

Cat Deeley recently wore the same dress on “So You Think You Can Dance”.

She went for the less is more approach simply adding Jimmy Choo ‘Private’ sandals.

For simply allowing the dress to do the talking Cat wins for me.

Credit: Style.com, PacificCoastNews & PA

"Salt" Berlin Premiere - Angelina Jolie In BCBG Max Azria Atelier

“Salt” Berlin Premiere – Angelina Jolie In BCBG Max Azria Atelier

Colour Me Happy

Colour Me Happy

13 Responses to Who Wore Lanvin Better? Natalie Portman or Cat Deeley

1. Naomi August 19, 2010 at 12:14 #

I don’t see the appeal of this dress at all. IMO it looks bad on the runway model as well. So messy and figure unfriendly.

2. Marvel August 19, 2010 at 12:43 #

Natalie’s bag is from Lanvin’s fall 2008 collection and her belt is also from Lanvin but the Spring 2010 collection.

• Fashion Critic August 19, 2010 at 12:53 #

ok thanks

3. Jennifer August 19, 2010 at 13:04 #

I think this dress seriously lacks the wow factor without the accessories. It doesn’t hang as well on Cat as it does on the model, and I really don’t like her hair and shoes with it. I think Natalie brings it to life, her dark features really suit the colour of the dress, and the belt gives it shape and interest.

4. Jeremy August 19, 2010 at 13:43 #

Lanvin has become very disappointing for me lately. Their dresses looks good on the runway, but when it comes to red carpet, all of the puffy volume becomes what’s called “baggage”. Jennifer Lopez looks good in Lanvin because she knows how to tuck those baggages.

5. pipsqueak August 19, 2010 at 13:53 #

I voted for Cat for the exact reasons you cited.

6. Chloe August 19, 2010 at 13:57 #

I think the belt makes the dress that much more special.
    So Nathalie wins hands down for me

7. Pati August 19, 2010 at 15:11 #

I too like Natalie´s styling with the belt. It gives the dress some shape. And I prefer Natalie´s shoes. Not so keen on the bag though….

8. Moxie August 19, 2010 at 17:40 #

I really don’t like the dress, but Natalie’s belt gives it more shape… so I voted for Natalie.

9. mochababe73 August 20, 2010 at 05:09 #

I didn’t vote. That dress is ugly, plain and simple.

10. JJ August 20, 2010 at 10:09 #

Me no likey the dress at all, but the Jimmy Choos are great

11. Sharon August 20, 2010 at 22:36 #

I don’t like this dress at all. It looks like each of them was given a bolt of fabric and they got to wrap themselves up any way they liked. Puts me in mind of the doll dresses I made when I was 4.

12. Sharon August 20, 2010 at 22:38 #

PS – The Prive sandals continue to be my all-time favorite shoes, so my vote goes to them.