18.08.10 Premiere

“Salt” Berlin Premiere – Angelina Jolie In BCBG Max Azria Atelier

It was fun while it lasted, but Angelina Jolie has decided she’s given us enough to chew on so she returned back to her favourite colour – black.

The actress walked the black carpet at the “Salt” Berlin Premiere in Germany tonight glowing with gorgeousity wearing a black BCBG Max Azria Atelier gown.

It’s been a while since she wore a Max Azria gown.

There was a time when it seemed like she was wearing his looks exclusively.

I love way the gown drapes, but I not crazy about the black necklace.

We know you love black, but couldn’t you have at least picked some silver or gold jewels Ange?

Credit: Zuma Press

"Scott Pilgrim vs The World" London Premiere - Anna Kendrick In Elise Øverland

“Scott Pilgrim vs The World” London Premiere – Anna Kendrick In Elise Øverland

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Natalie Portman or Cat Deeley

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Natalie Portman or Cat Deeley

34 Responses to “Salt” Berlin Premiere – Angelina Jolie In BCBG Max Azria Atelier

1. LizLemooooon August 18, 2010 at 20:42 #

Capital s Stunning. I love the fit of this. Her hair is still not great and I agree that she needs more jewellery but the dress is gorgeous. I love it.

2. jadel August 18, 2010 at 20:42 #

angie can wear a black plastic bag and still with that face she can’t go wrong. The woman is just stunning..love her

3. Elise August 18, 2010 at 20:42 #

I hate the dress, it is one of the ugliest dresses she has worn.
    It is too bad because her look was more interesting this week !

4. Hermione Weasley August 18, 2010 at 20:42 #

It’s black, but I really really like the look on her.

5. Hannah August 18, 2010 at 20:43 #

I agree, I lvo ethe way the gown drapes, but I don;t like the jewels. I do preferher posture here, but a lto is left to be desired unfortunately, especially with the hair.

6. Ally August 18, 2010 at 20:45 #

Aww, I was really hoping that the photocall outfit meant we were getting an Elie gown. But instead we’re back to black and druppy.

7. Z Fashion Blog August 18, 2010 at 20:53 #

I’ve been waiting for you update on Twitter ;-)

It’s a great look but uncomparable to the earlier one..
    Why the back in black???

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 20:54 #

ha ha…i knew you would ;)

8. Brooke August 18, 2010 at 21:01 #

Does anyone have an email address through which I can reach Angelina and offer to dress her free of charge? I’d have fired my stylist sixteen times over by now were I her. Disappointment after disappointment.

9. Mol August 18, 2010 at 21:03 #

Like others, I like the way this gown drapes, and perhaps unlike others, I like her hair and the necklace too. She has a kind of minimalist style (like Jil Sander or Calvin Klein) with a touch of a gothic undervibe to her which is why I feel black works so well on her.

• mm August 18, 2010 at 21:14 #

great way to describe her style. I love her hair most of all.

10. Noora Althani August 18, 2010 at 21:16 #

she lost her good old style!!!!!! … -.-”

11. Lee Ann August 18, 2010 at 21:21 #

Her make up is nice

12. Dorian Gray August 18, 2010 at 22:14 #

As Amy Winehouse sings she went “back to black”

13. ZzaRaZza August 18, 2010 at 22:18 #

It might sound harsh, but I hate this dress. It’s basically a black shower curtain belted with a string.

I’m OK with her wearing black but this one is ugly.

• pipsqueak August 18, 2010 at 22:29 #

I’m completely with you. Much as I like Angie, I just cannot make myself love the gown or the shoes or the necklace. I like black, but it doesn’t cover the ugly design.

• Becca August 19, 2010 at 10:15 #

I agree, it just looks cheap to me. Nothing wrong with black when it’s done well but she’s shown she can do so much better and this is just a massive letdown!

14. mochababe73 August 18, 2010 at 22:42 #

So, Angelina wears another shapeless dress. I have nothing else to say.

15. Marvel August 18, 2010 at 23:11 #

Isnt it ironic that her photocall look gave her some curves and this look highlights her skinny frame.

Needless to say, I hate this look but I am kinda glad she gone back to being boring and mundane.

16. Fiona August 19, 2010 at 00:35 #

Back in her comfort zone, for someone with such an amazing body (albeit a bit skinny) she seems happiest in drapey, loose-fitting, form-hiding gowns. Still, not everyone wants to be a clotheshorse I suppose, she has her signature style and she’s sticking to it!

17. Laura August 19, 2010 at 01:14 #

Black and loose fitting on Angelina Jolie? Say it ain’t so. I’m shocked.

18. Raquel August 19, 2010 at 01:58 #

And a dress we’ve seen a thousand times before…

19. nicky August 19, 2010 at 04:17 #

not loving this look…but i guess this is when she feels her most comfortable. its just a shapeless black dress. the jewelry doesnt help either. im beginning to really dislike the hair as well =S

20. Vidhya August 19, 2010 at 04:29 #

Its a draped gown.. ofcourse it will drape beautifully.. her hair doesnt work with anything.. the colour is wrong.. the style is wrong.. with this dress, a loose updo perhaps ?? and stunning shoulder grazing diamond earrigns?? or beautiful antique gold jewels?? why do people with money have no imagination??

21. mari August 19, 2010 at 04:43 #

I prefer this dress over the strapless she had been wearing, it is more mature, and it looks well on her long legger frame. She has a high waist, and here what is accented are her hips. Nice dress, even if it is black!
    the neclkace has golden undertones, but it does not shine as the diamond? necklace she wore in Korea, which in the video was SO blingy and sparkling. I loved it.

22. KateS August 19, 2010 at 05:34 #

i think this is wonderful on her – i love the ’20s vibe from the dropped waistline, and the rest, which is sort of gothy but not too literal.

23. HM August 19, 2010 at 06:27 #

I don’t know how to say this but I actually like this look. There is just something about Angie whenever she wears black…it has that ‘wow’ factor…maybe the mysteriousness of her look? Her hair looks much better here & I don’t mind the necklace.

Which would you prefer FC…beautiful but in black or blah but with color?

• Fashion Critic August 19, 2010 at 06:52 #

Gosh, I really don’t know.

• Brooke August 19, 2010 at 15:34 #

Who puts a necklace with a halter? It looks ridiculous.

And I’d take beautiful in black every day of the week.

• HM August 19, 2010 at 17:57 #

Hahaha. Tough choice. I guess we can’t have it all.

Brooke, I was too disturbed by how skinny Angie looks but I dunno, the necklace doesn’t bother me at all.

I’m also on the fence…wish she would be pregs again, I adored her in that green dress at Cannes, both beautiful & in color!

24. Ev August 19, 2010 at 06:33 #

This is extremely boring. Black, almost shapeless, dress, strange and wrong necklace, bad hair – it is not a look for a movie premiere/promotion.

25. DC August 19, 2010 at 09:07 #

angie angie! i do wish that on this occasion where she did decide to plump for her uniform black, she could have opted for a better fitted dress….it is so loose and doesnt show us a glimpse of that lovely spell binding figure of hers.

26. kiwi August 19, 2010 at 11:05 #

I like the look..

27. Sophia August 19, 2010 at 12:51 #

Well, let’s say it’s just very Angelina… ^_^ I think she looked adorable and I love the dress, because, hey, this is her style and she’s ANGELiNA JOLiE, she even would look sexy wearing a plastic bag. ^_^