“Salt” Berlin Photocall – Angelina Jolie In Elie Saab

OMG.

I had – and still have goosebumps – over this picture of Angelina Jolie.

The actress is currently in Berlin where she attended the “Salt” photocall in the Wintergarden of the Berlin Adlon Hotel in Germany this afternoon.

I’ve been so happy that she’s not been wearing black lately, NOW she made my life by wearing my favourite designer Elie Saab.

Her Elie Saab ruffle front dress from the Fall 2010 collection.

I love the details including the slightly padded cap sleeves and the ruffled detail which cascades down the front of the dress.

Ange doesn’t often do fitted, so this silhouette looks stunning on her svelte figure.

Ferragamo white heels complete the look.

I’m going to lie down, because I can’t breathe.

Credit: Style.com & Zuma Press

Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe - World Cup Opening Ceremony

Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe – World Cup Opening Ceremony

Win A Night Of Guilty Pleasures At MTV Video Music Awards

Win A Night Of Guilty Pleasures At MTV Video Music Awards

45 Responses to “Salt” Berlin Photocall – Angelina Jolie In Elie Saab

1. Vidhya August 18, 2010 at 16:34 #

such a nice look by angelina jolie.. not blown away but suitably impressed.. dont u think it lacks a wow factor??? its just one of the dresses she wore rather than.. THE dress she wore..

she ought to change the shoes :( nt the same one for all the premieres :(

2. Jennifer August 18, 2010 at 16:36 #

I’m actually a bit disappointed if I’m honest. When I saw the title “Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab” my heart skipped a beat with joy, and then when I scrolled down to see this plain shift dress with just a single ruffle, I felt so let down. Elie Saab usually equates to sophisticated drama with jaw-dropping effects. I don’t think she really has enough curves for this dress, it would suit J.Lo more.

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 16:38 #

don’t forget it’s a Photocall not a premiere ;D

• Jennifer August 18, 2010 at 16:40 #

Ok, i suppose! Let’s hope for one of Elie’s jaw-droppers come the next premiere…!

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 16:45 #

I WOULD DIE.

I would actually die. I dare not dream but if I did Fall 2010 Couture collection please

3. Jennifer August 18, 2010 at 16:39 #

I’m actually a little disappointed if I’m honest. When I saw the title “Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab” my heart skipped a beat, and then when I scrolled down and saw it, I just felt so let down. Elie Saab usually means sophisticated yet jaw-dropping drama with incredible details and embellishment. This is just a shift dress with a frill. I don’t think Angelina has enough curves for the dress, it might suit J.Lo more.

4. Elise August 18, 2010 at 16:40 #

I don’t know why but I find this look really boring, the color of the dress is really pretty, but I don’t like the shoes and the hair !
    It looks like she is always wearing the same type of shoes !

5. Mol August 18, 2010 at 16:40 #

Wow – I get your reaction F.C., she looks stunning! And although many complain of her being too thin, I think she looks very womanly here, what a great morning treat…….

6. jadel August 18, 2010 at 16:42 #

lol @ FC, you’re pure comedy(love it)

angie can’t do wrong with me even when rocking black, just love the woman.

she looks nice at the photocall, i hope she wild me at the premiere late on

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 16:44 #

OOps I guess I got carried away, but I love it ;)

• Anna August 18, 2010 at 16:59 #

You’re allowed!! I was the same – WOWSER – at the colour and it blew me away but at closer inspection it’s not THE outfit as someone else said. But she looks so amazing in colour I hope hope hope she’ll continue to go for it!!

7. HM August 18, 2010 at 16:42 #

OMG OMG OMG!!!! My eyes just popped out of it’s sockets…I can even hear Angels singing..OMG!

She may not look the best I’ve seen her but for her to wear that much color…is she high on something? LOL.

8. Kelly August 18, 2010 at 16:48 #

I love the color on her, but I’m not as impressed as you are. Again, her hair is a 100% let-down for me, totally ruins the look. Can’t she hire a hair stylist for the promo tour??

• Ev August 18, 2010 at 18:08 #

Completely agree. Plus I don’t like these shoes with the dress.

9. b August 18, 2010 at 16:55 #

Like (not love) the dress but a big *THUD* at the shoes and the hair is just awful.
    Nice to see some color though.

10. Marvel August 18, 2010 at 17:06 #

WOW
    Didnt think she had this in her and for once on this promotional tour, I would nominate this look for BDOTW despite her other looks and this is coming from an Angie Hater.

11. Giuseppi August 18, 2010 at 17:33 #

Nice look, but I can’t stop noticing how bony her arms are. The dress and shoes are awesome though.

12. LizLemooooon August 18, 2010 at 17:35 #

She looks amazing in colour and all and I love that she’s done this but I sooo would have preferred the marroon dress so much but I’m happy she’s taking a few more risks. My fave look of her in colour was when she wore yellow to an awards show and her hair was a bit lighter (btw, dark hair suits her but if she’s gonna go lighter it should be a honey blonde not this wishy washy shade) I don’t think the fringe is flattering either.
    Sigh. Oh well, she still looks gorgeous.

13. Lee Ann August 18, 2010 at 17:49 #

I love the colour and the dress is pretty but not bowled over. Maybe she is just too beautiful for clothes.

14. Hisadora August 18, 2010 at 17:53 #

This color ir really amazing on her, how many looks did she give us not being black? I’m happy for this!!!!!

15. callmedaydreamer August 18, 2010 at 17:54 #

i’m having a great laugh over this post FC… LOLs

She look gorgeous too. I hope she’ll keep this up. :)

16. moja31 August 18, 2010 at 17:58 #

i suppose “svelte” is one way to describe her figure.
    like the color of the dress, but i hate the hair & shoes.

17. Ally August 18, 2010 at 18:13 #

Color! Figure hugging! Amazing! I’m not crazy about her hair and makeup though…I don’t think bangs suit her and she needs a little blush.

18. nina August 18, 2010 at 18:16 #

I like colour of dress, but anything else is just not worthy of any excitement.
    Except her natural beauty of course.

19. SET August 18, 2010 at 18:24 #

I do not get it, its ok. her hair is boring. Her style is as well. Nothing special,

• Hannah August 18, 2010 at 19:50 #

Agree completely, she is so dull. Sh eused to have such amazing red carpet wow factor, but now her posture and pose are killign me. She stands like a man, she haszero elegance, and she looks lifeless. She used to be so amazing on the red carpet, she has lost all her sex appeal, forgettable for me.

• SET August 18, 2010 at 20:47 #

You summed it up well.

20. pipsqueak August 18, 2010 at 19:23 #

She looked a lot like her brother in that first picture. She needs a little meat on her face. I love the color of this dress, but the overall look was okay, a bit corporate. I can’t wait to see her at the premiere!

21. Gloss August 18, 2010 at 19:24 #

Her hair is hideous!!!

22. rita August 18, 2010 at 19:29 #

I don’t get why people think she all skins and bones. As fas as I am concerned she has always been like that and she looks healthier than Megan Fox who actually looks anorexic ! Angie has long skinny legs but her top is quite curvy with her boobs and very toned arms. Before having her twins she Was painfully skinny now she looks healthy and you can clearly see it

23. sofia August 18, 2010 at 20:03 #

i really love this for her. its elegant, simple – and always flatters her body and give her eyes some light! she looks great. elie saab is a really good choice for her. she has worn it before i think -and each time, its really great.

also, FC, you are so passionate, its makes us passionate. thank you!

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 20:20 #

My pleasure.

I’m so glad to see her finally in Elie Saab.

Fingers crossed she chooses him for the Emmy’s

24. anonymous August 18, 2010 at 20:03 #

FC, I love your site… but I think you’re too biased towards Angelina? This is not stunning at all. The shoes and hair don’t help… It surprises me that you always seem to love her.

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 20:17 #

I don’t like replying to people who choose to hide behind anonymous because I feel there is not need to hide if you are simply stating your opinion.

On this occasion I will.

Yes I do like Angelina Jolie. I think she’s a beautiful woman and I always wish for her to look her best, like anyone else on the red carpet.

If you claim to love this site like you’ve stated, you will know that I have had a long battle with Angelina’s all black looks, so for her to wear colour like she has 3 days in a row is exciting for me. Call me a loser – it doesn’t bother me.

I was also very excited about this look because she’s wearing my favourite designer Elie Saab.

I’ve longed for her to wear Elie Saab for a VERY, Very, very very long time, so my enthusiasm is also based on that for which I will make absolutely no apologies.

I like what I like, like you like what you like. I don’t hold that against you, so Lee it seems strange that you want to hold it against me.

25. anonymous August 18, 2010 at 20:40 #

Wow I’m sorry this stirred up such a response! I really didn’t mean it to sound like I was holding something against you. Trust me, the fact that she chose color excites me too – it’d be equivalent to Aniston doing something different with her hair or people realizing that tights don’t go on the red carpet, all of which I know you’d agree. Maybe I just really didn’t like this look.

And the only reason why I went by anonymous is because 2 weeks ago my hard drive crashed, and all my saved names erased – I don’t remember what I used to comment with on this site, and I generally don’t like using my first name.

In any case, I’m all for “to each his own,” and I would never have anything against this site. It’s the only fashion one I consistently like checking out! Don’t apologize, I don’t deserve one!

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 20:44 #

I don’t think you need to apologize at all.

We both expressed our opinions which are clearly different in this case and that’s more than OK.

26. mochababe73 August 18, 2010 at 22:58 #

I like the color. But for some reason it falls flat on her. The fit looks different. I think that the runway version has more pizazz. I don’t think that those dresses are exact carbon copies.

27. SarahV August 18, 2010 at 23:04 #

I don’t even want to complain because it’s so nice compared to what she’s worn lately….

But I like the runway color better!

28. Si August 19, 2010 at 01:02 #

I liked her latest choices of dresses but something about her was bothering me! Now I found out that I really REALLY hated her bangs!

29. Laura August 19, 2010 at 01:21 #

Now this is the Elie Saab Angie should be rocking. Don’t even get me started on that Oscar look she wore. This is a huge step up from that.

Cleavage and colour? Oh my Angie you’re really taking it to the edge now. And how sad is this that I say this dress is ‘edgy’ for her?

But I’m happy. On most this isn’t too exciting. But on such a gorgeous and stylistically-challenged woman, I’m so thankful and excited.

30. mari August 19, 2010 at 04:49 #

best dress of all her looks, maybe the silver column dress would compete with this look. would go as far as calling a runner for BDOTW

31. Nitasha August 19, 2010 at 06:31 #

I actually think she sucks the life out of this Elie Saab. I don’t get the fuss about Angelina Jolie. Going simple and minimal is ok, but she always looks so washed out, like she’s in mourning. No accessories, no color on her face and limp hair. Snoozeworthy at best.

32. kiwi August 19, 2010 at 11:17 #

My reaction ismore like yours FC, the colour is amazing on her.. for a photocall, this is a great dress.. I appluad the fact that she chose Elie saab. I would just change the shoes though

33. Sophia August 19, 2010 at 13:02 #

I like the ruffled detail, it’s kinda cute. All in all, the dress is very elegant and perfect for a photocall like this.

34. gossip_bangkok August 20, 2010 at 12:39 #

I think this dress is alright for photo call LOL! :P It makes me feel like a motherly kinda dress though.