“Eat Pray Love” Japan Press Conference” – Julia Roberts In Dries Van Noten

It’s about time.

I pleased to present you with Julia Roberts wearing something other than black.

I’m also happy that someone other than Maggie Gyllenhaal has realised how amazing the Dries Van Noten Fall 2010 collection is.

Julia was in Tokyo last night for the “Eat Love Pray” photocall wearing a multi-coloured floral print silk long sleeved Dries Van Noten Fall 2010 dress with a matching belt.

What also surprised me about this look is that Julia’s wearing green Celine Pre-Fall 2010 ankle strap heels.

It would have been so easy for Julia to opt for black pumps with this look so I’m grateful she took a risk for this event.

This is a truly momentous week.

First Angelina two for two not black, now Julia is shunning black in favour of colour.

Don’t you just love her Jamie Wolf earrings?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katy Perry In Bottega Veneta - ‘Kinky Boots’ Broadway Play

Katy Perry In Bottega Veneta – ‘Kinky Boots’ Broadway Play

“Nanny McPhee Returns” New York Premiere – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Lanvin

“Nanny McPhee Returns” New York Premiere – Maggie Gyllenhaal In Lanvin

30 Responses to “Eat Pray Love” Japan Press Conference” – Julia Roberts In Dries Van Noten

1. Windsor August 18, 2010 at 14:11 #

Her signature smile is always her best accessory.

• Pati August 18, 2010 at 20:39 #

I agree!!! She looks stunning.

2. Elise August 18, 2010 at 14:19 #

The dress is pretty but it does not look good at all on here, plus her posture is awful on the picture.
    I really love the shoes the color is lovely !

3. Leska August 18, 2010 at 14:20 #

I loooooooooove her shoe!!!!

4. Lee Ann August 18, 2010 at 14:31 #

FC- I think you know my love of Dries so when I was scrolling up from the below post and saw the edge of the print in the picture a little part of me went Whoppeee!! I love this dress on the runway.and have my name down for it at Selfridges .
    BUT then I saw the whole dress on Julia. I do not know what Dries did with the cut this season-although I have been told he has new cutters-but some of his styles including this one hang badly .They are mumsy on the top, the necklines are wrong and the sleeve length is too long so it needs to be rolled up.I have tried a few of his dresses this season and some of the styles including this one just don’t flatter.
    Julia is such a perfect Dries girl but the cut of this dress lets her down.
    Also the green of this is Khaki so the shoe colour is wrong-This is Dries’ take on milatary.
    Think I will call Magda at Selfridges and say “never mind”

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 14:34 #

Yes I thought of you when putting this post together.

It’s surprising what you are saying about the cut.

But I think you should still try the dress, because if anything I think Julia is making this dress look mumsy

• Lee Ann August 18, 2010 at 14:42 #

although her pose isn’t helping-it really is the dress. I have tried the unbelted style that is identical to this one now and a few of his leopard print styles. They hang and drape very oddly. When I mentioned this to Antonio(from Dries Antwerp) he said they have new pattern cutters. I’ll try it I suppose but I am not expecting to be a buyer.

5. Marvel August 18, 2010 at 14:47 #

WOW!

Love the print and the heels.
    Isnt it ironic that the three queens of black (Julia, Angelina and Jennifer Anniston) have all retired of the colour. I wonder who the knew breed will be. My money is on K-Stew

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 14:51 #

for now…let’s not get carried away ;)

6. Naomi August 18, 2010 at 14:50 #

I love the dress (not black, yay!), the shoes, the hair, everything – but the fit is so wrong!
    Considering Julia’s bust proportions, she would’ve looked so much better with a bigger cleavage, and maybe a better bra. This way it looks so heavy.
    Julia has the cutest smile ever.

• Anissa August 18, 2010 at 15:05 #

Exactly. I don’t know if maybe it’s the camera angle but it’s almost like her head is too small for her body (here). A reverse Lollipop ;)

• Z Fashion Blog August 18, 2010 at 15:29 #

I also had the same impression.
        I guess it’s the camera angle…

7. Fiona August 18, 2010 at 15:26 #

Love that she is not wearing black, like the shoes but agree with Lee Ann that they are too green, but also agree that the fit is wrong and/or Julia iis making it look mumsy. This looks so much better on the model, so for me a hit and a miss at the same time.

8. Ev August 18, 2010 at 15:27 #

This dress makes her big even now it’s obvious she’s not big. I also didn’t like the neckline. But still, kudos for Julia for not wearing black! And the shoes are gorgeous <3

9. Z Fashion Blog August 18, 2010 at 15:29 #

OMG!
    Really a momentous week!

Loving her green heels.

10. Jane August 18, 2010 at 15:36 #

I love the dress and the Dries collection, so yeah, she looks amazing but I would have liked it better on her if it had that looseness that it has on the model. Nevertheless, it is lovely.

11. Jane August 18, 2010 at 15:38 #

P.S I think those shoes might be from the Celine pre-fall 2010 collection?

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 15:50 #

you’re right.

Thanks so much

12. Jess August 18, 2010 at 17:08 #

love the dress and print, but it is really unflattering and those shoes are the wrong shade of green.
    so close, but not quite there

13. moja31 August 18, 2010 at 18:02 #

i appreciate the change, but i’m not loving the resulting look.

14. Gaber August 18, 2010 at 18:17 #

She should have stuck with black.

15. Amber August 18, 2010 at 19:49 #

love the heels. glad Julia is trying something new but the dress looks weird on her.

16. Hannah August 18, 2010 at 20:02 #

Sh emay look sslightly mumsy, and itmay be mor eunflattering than black, but OMG is it amazing.
    Literally I adore Dries. When I was 13 I bought some Dries Mary Janes, most comfortable shoes ever.
    I really hope more stars wear Dries, and maybe even Mary Katrantzou too. Her clothes are sublime, plus she is sucha lovely person.

17. Anna August 18, 2010 at 21:22 #

I love her! Julia looks always sooo good, with her big smile and sparkling eyes :-)
    But this time, my first impression by looking at the foto was “she looks a little fat in this dress :-(” Julia remains beautiful and the dress remains beautiful too, but together, bof bof!

18. mochababe73 August 18, 2010 at 23:07 #

Love the dress and shoe combination. Unfortunately, Julia doesn’t look good in it. Luckily, that megawatt smile can distract you from the ill fitting dress.

19. Laura August 19, 2010 at 01:26 #

I wish she modified the dress so it was sleeveless. But other than that, this is a great look. Dries Van Noten prints are to die for.

20. KateS August 19, 2010 at 05:43 #

nice print, but that cut is horrid on her – maybe if the sleeves were a bit narrower and the neckline a little wider and sitting flat.

21. kiwi August 19, 2010 at 11:30 #

What a smile !!1 Lovely shoes but they don’t go with the dress.. the fit is really awful.. her abdomen looks so much bigger.. frankly her earlier look in black shorts wsa a wow for me.. this one is a complete no-no

22. Mimi August 19, 2010 at 15:56 #

She is STUNNING!!!!!!! I love her smile so much… The outfit is not the best one I have seen, but the dress is actually cute! Juliaaa, love you! :)

23. alexa August 21, 2010 at 03:25 #

I love Julia’s shoes, but the dress is really not flattering, especially when she’s got her hand in her pocket like that. The belt seems to sit higher up on her than the model – perhaps it would have been better to go one size up but cinch the waist in more? And I agree with Naomi’s suggestion that she needs a better bra with this dress.

All the same, she is a beautiful woman and looks radiant when she smiles. Her earrings are gorgeous.