“The Switch” LA Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Lanvin

Has anyone noticed that Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston promotional schedules seem to run almost parallel to each other?

Whilst Ange was in London promoting “Salt”, Jennifer was in LA promoting her new movie “The Switch”.

Jen took a very rare night off wearing Valentino to wear this Lanvin Spring 2010 nude and black strapless dress.

Unsurprisingly the dress incorporated black.  Ditto for her never changing hairstyle.

I do like this look on Jen, but at the same time I’m slightly bored by it.

On the model the dress speaks volumes, on Jen it’s a quiet whisper.

Jen shortened the dress to show off those pilates toned legs, but in doing so the skirt loses some of it shape and almost becomes just a plain average pencil skirt.

Like Ange yesterday Jen gets an A for effort for attempting to step out of her very comfortable box.

Maybe had she worn one of the Lanvin necklaces a la Jennifer Lopez or Kristin Scott Thomas I could’ve got more excited about this look.

Its not often we see Jennifer carrying a clutch on the red carpet, but on this occasion she carried a Salvatore Ferragamo croc clutch which she teamed with Fred Leighton jewels aand Josie and Lottie strappy sandals.

[nggallery id=637]

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures, Bauer Griffin & Getty

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Beyonce Knowles or America Ferrera

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Beyonce Knowles or America Ferrera

Sidewalk Style – Fearne Cotton & Mischa Barton

Sidewalk Style – Fearne Cotton & Mischa Barton

26 Responses to “The Switch” LA Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Lanvin

1. kiwi August 17, 2010 at 12:46 #

Boring

2. Marvel August 17, 2010 at 12:51 #

I adore this look on her.

The nude works well for her and yes while there is black in this look, I think she deserves to wear her favourite colour after wearing a string of non-black ensembles for the past 6 months.

I love the accessories and I think if she added a necklace it would have seemed OTT.

I have no problems with this being a BDOTW contender.

3. Maria August 17, 2010 at 13:09 #

Oh no no no no no no necklaces, she is perfect here, beautiful woman.

4. Fash-inn August 17, 2010 at 13:25 #

I like this look. Although she wears again black, nude suits her well. Lanvin’s designes are always nice. That’s another type!

5. Kaz August 17, 2010 at 13:43 #

Yikes, the runway model looks possessed! But Jen looks divine. I agree, definitely happy for this for to be in the BDOTW running!

6. Ally August 17, 2010 at 13:53 #

*Sigh* The top is so terribly unflattering on her and we all know that she has an amazing body. I hate to lump her and Angelina together, but they both have access to pretty much anything they could possibly want to wear and yet bore us 9x out of 10.

7. Ellen August 17, 2010 at 13:58 #

She looks very beautiful in this dress.

8. Anissa August 17, 2010 at 14:27 #

It’s a cute look but since she basically lost the detail of the beautiful black side folds I say Not BDOTW worthy.

• Sally August 17, 2010 at 14:47 #

I agree, NOT BDOTW worthy. She made a beautiful dress ordinary.

9. maria August 17, 2010 at 14:59 #

the dress looks also a bit tight on her.

10. toma August 17, 2010 at 15:22 #

step out the box? jen is so clearly as far in her box as she can be! nude – check, black – check, hair – check, boring – check. she and angelina deserve to be earthworms in their next lives for all the wasted fashion potential they squandered on playing it safe.

• Vidhya August 17, 2010 at 16:51 #

i second ur comment.. im just happy its nt a valentino. the draping is so lost in the skirt and the bust dtail makes her look wider..

11. shruti August 17, 2010 at 16:53 #

She looks lovely as always. Bright and lively and fun. She’s always fresh and approachable and her style reflects that. Breath of fresh air as compared to all the awful hair and the deathly stares that some actresses have these days. BDOTW pleeeeeeease. Pretty please :)

• mimi August 18, 2010 at 22:34 #

I agree :)

12. Silvia August 17, 2010 at 17:04 #

… God Lord, whats wrong with her! soooooooooooooo boring! every time!!!!!!!!!!! No fashion potencial at all in this creepy woman!

13. lukie August 17, 2010 at 17:34 #

Wow the Spring 2010 Lanvin collection is really becoming one of the most worn collections of the year!

14. Hannah August 17, 2010 at 18:11 #

I love the look on Jen, but it is boring. AS per usual. She always wears similar heels, too. I much prefered the runway hairstyle, maybe toned down, shoes and the folds in the black. I do, however love her clutch. Jennier and Ange also wear veyr similar colours, except Jennifer wears clothes than suit her, and hasmore presence, wereas Angie doesn’t.

15. Jones19 August 17, 2010 at 18:26 #

I agree, boring boring boring. Not to mention unflattering, she should’ve kept the length of the skirt and pulled her hair up, added some earrings for a pop of color and this would be BDOTW,

16. Lee Ann August 17, 2010 at 18:35 #

She is a very pretty woman but she has made an edgy dress look pedestrian. It doesn’t fit her-the bodice is too high and the skirt is a bit tight- lanvin needs to be worn with French attitude -she is too California surf girl-hence the shoes which are nice but not with this dress

17. mari August 17, 2010 at 20:38 #

boring, too short and bad shoes, the ones on the model are prefewct for the skirt, but… I agree with KIWI, who said it al in one word.

18. Juliana August 17, 2010 at 20:53 #

very “blaaah” as always. get over angelina, woman. move on with your life.

19. KateS August 18, 2010 at 02:21 #

I really love this lanvin collection on the runway, but I don’t think I’ve seen it work on the red carpet yet – the details always just look droopy and slightly depressing.

20. mochababe73 August 18, 2010 at 02:26 #

I like Jennifer’s style. I have no problem with the same hair. And, I don’t think that she needed a necklace.
    I find that she looks alot better in the dress than the model. Truth be told, the dress is boring. Sometimes it’s not the person wearing the garment, it’s the garment itself.

21. beatrice August 18, 2010 at 05:01 #

She looks much better than the model. She fills out the dress more

22. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 11:06 #

What I like about Jen is that she keeps it classic most of the time. She has a pretty nice style and in some way I love this dress. Maybe it’s because I like the nude-and-black combination so much. ^_^ But I think it would look much more glamorous with some jewelry…

23. Raquel August 19, 2010 at 02:05 #

Well, it is kinda of boring, but it is Jen and I honestly take boring Jen over the anorexic model anyday.