17.08.10 Premiere

“Salt” Paris Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Pamella Roland

I’m in shocked that Angelina Jolie didn’t wear black tonight for her “Salt” Paris Premiere, as it’s what we’ve come to expect from her.

The stunning actress opted for a shimmering ivory silk lame asymmetrical Pamella Roland dress which she paired with matching Ferregamo pumps.

I love the embellished double strap detail.

Angelina is also switching thing up with her hair as well.

The loose updo gives her a much softer look as does her almost invisible make-up.

I liked her London look, but I love her Pamella Roland dress, so I would prefer this was up for BDOTW.

Which look did you prefer?

[nggallery id=640]

Credit: Getty

"Salt" London Premiere - Leona Lewis In William Tempest

“Salt” London Premiere – Leona Lewis In William Tempest

Who Wore Giles Better? Agyness Deyn or Victoria Beckham

Who Wore Giles Better? Agyness Deyn or Victoria Beckham

47 Responses to “Salt” Paris Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Pamella Roland

1. dag August 17, 2010 at 21:38 #

love it!!! absolute perfection

2. dressaddict August 17, 2010 at 21:39 #

The London look was my favourite of all her premiere looks so far. I’m amazed again how such a daring woman, a former outrageous person herself, has no guts in fashion.

• Mol August 17, 2010 at 21:57 #

Rather than saying she has no fashion ‘guts’, I would just say she has no ‘interest’ in fashion. She’s just required to do this stuff as part of her job description, I think her real focus lies, sadly for us fashion lovers, elsewhere! : )

• dressaddict August 17, 2010 at 22:14 #

Guess you’re right, I sometimes think that clothes also show our spirit/personality, probably she really changed after kids and her clothes prove it.

• Mol August 18, 2010 at 00:19 #

I agree – how we dress does reflect who we are, absolutely! But I don’t think Angelina is reflecting who she is on the R.C., she’s just going along with some stylist in order to get it over with. How she dresses when she’s on some global mission, or when she’s just hanging with her family, is probably closer to what she wants to express at this point in her life. You are right though, she was a rebel once and her self presentation expressed that, family has for sure changed her….nice interview with her in last month’s Vanity Fair where she talks about how her kid’s each self express through their mode of dress, etc….

3. Hermione Weasley August 17, 2010 at 21:42 #

I like the London look better. But this is great as well!

4. Mol August 17, 2010 at 21:51 #

Other than the waist detail, the London look was beautiful. But I’m easy, cause this look, while not my favorite, is quite lovely too.

5. Hisadora August 17, 2010 at 21:54 #

I much prefer this one!!!! I almost fell off my chair when I saw it. NO black dress. NO black pumps. I love Angelina and she is absolute perfection here. BDOTW for sure!

6. pipsqueak August 17, 2010 at 21:56 #

Stunning, absolutely stunning! Her hair looked so much better and the dress accentuated her sexy body, yet it was still elegant. BDOTW for sure. Comparing the designers, I definitely like Amanda Wakeley better, but I think Pamella Roland is more wearable and probably appealing to many real women.

7. Elise August 17, 2010 at 22:02 #

I much prefer this look, I’m glad she didn’t wear one of those long and boring dresses !
    Her hair and make up are perfect !

8. Lee Ann August 17, 2010 at 22:03 #

Definitely Paris but as beautiful as she is she is dull when it comes to clothes

• Manja August 18, 2010 at 14:12 #

agree with that,so beutiful but so boring fashion wise

9. mm August 17, 2010 at 22:34 #

Very Chic, The hair is gorgeous!

10. Yaas August 17, 2010 at 22:47 #

I like this one but I like the London pre. much more, I absolutely loved the hair and make-up with the Amanda Wakeley’s dress.

11. Moxie August 17, 2010 at 23:04 #

While I loved the fabric and drape of the London gown, the lack of a defined waist ruined it. This one should be up for BDOTW.

12. Hannah August 18, 2010 at 00:03 #

This is better, but I am not blown away, it is apretty dress, and she is a pretty person, but there is nothting more, no depth. Her recent red carpet appearances are leading me to the sad conclusion that she is on the path of Miss. Kidman, boring, red-carpet shy, and mumsy. She is becoming very forgettable.

13. Luiza August 18, 2010 at 00:20 #

I didn’t like the playmobil hair… =) she does look stunning though!

14. JacobGH August 18, 2010 at 00:51 #

This look is much stronger to me. I LOVE her hair here.

15. Laura August 18, 2010 at 01:39 #

Love this look 1000x more than the London premiere. Angie shines through and the dress doesn’t overwhelm her as much. And I’m glad she chose Pamella Roland instead of the Versace/Armani line-up she’s been wearing lately.

16. Leo August 18, 2010 at 01:40 #

I like this one better. She looks so sophisticated.

17. mochababe73 August 18, 2010 at 02:08 #

I don’t like the hair or make-up. The dress is okay. But, again, I’m bored.

18. Sue Jin August 18, 2010 at 02:09 #

She looks divine!!
    Her hair and makeup looks marvelous too.
    BDOTW!!

19. june August 18, 2010 at 03:57 #

i love this – i wish she wore other shoes though, because these matchy matchy silver shoes don’t actually match enough so it distracts me, but she’s not in black, not in a caftan, and her hair is lovely. that’s pretty much all you can ask from from angie, aside from eat a sandwich

20. HM August 18, 2010 at 04:11 #

Much prefer this look FC! BDOTW contender please! Looking at the picture, I thought this was another unveiling of one of Angie’s new wax statues from Madame Tussauds! Head to toe gorgeous!

21. Vidhya August 18, 2010 at 04:26 #

the dress is beautiful.. her make up is beautiful.. but she is nt there.. cud have been a mannequin..

In BDOTW if we r just looking at good clothes and beautiful people.. but in RC-FA i thot we r also looking for people showing off their personality thru (knockout) clothes, right?? :)

22. Jen August 18, 2010 at 04:44 #

The hair alone makes me like this one more. She looks so much more put together.

23. shruti August 18, 2010 at 05:33 #

This is a good look for her. She seems more relaxed and approachable as compared to her usual siren poses that just look weird. Plus she’s done something with her hair and it actually looks like its clean and shiny.

24. nicky August 18, 2010 at 06:07 #

she really loves her ferragamo shoes doesnt she? i think she looks stunning here. the look can come off a bit bridaly…but i love tht she switched things up with her hair. white looks great on her.

25. fozaaa August 18, 2010 at 08:50 #

This look is better of course but she should change her hair colour. It is to warm for her. Maybe a darker will be ok. Also the form is kinda granny…

26. Vicky August 18, 2010 at 10:00 #

This look instead of London, hands down! Finally a little glmit of the “old” Angelina!

27. Leni August 18, 2010 at 10:10 #

This is lovely, but London was better – a bit more dramatic and fairy-like at the same time!

28. kiwi August 18, 2010 at 10:12 #

Stunning.. BDOTW please. What a face!!!

29. Anna August 18, 2010 at 10:33 #

Love it! Much Much better than the london premiere… I think she looked swamped in the other dress.

This one is a far better fit and more flattering

30. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 10:35 #

I simply think she looked wonderful in this dress but I can’t choose between her “London look” and this one. All I can say is that I LOVE those pumps! :o)

31. Louise August 18, 2010 at 11:26 #

I’m really not loving her hairstyle. That fringe is really ageing her and the updo is doing the same.
    The dress is ordinary.

32. moda August 18, 2010 at 12:13 #

Very Chic, The hair is gorgeous!..

33. sushma August 18, 2010 at 12:34 #

I agree with VIdhya – she just doesn’t appear to be entirely ‘there’. Rather, she is standing there like a mannequin: a completely blank shell.

Re: her look – perhaps she is getting into more of a Marilyn Monroe style of dress before she begins filming??

34. Ally August 18, 2010 at 12:53 #

I like this one so much more. Her hair looks great and she it isn’t swallowing her whole.

35. Z Fashion Blog August 18, 2010 at 13:18 #

Absolutely gorgeous.
    My favourite Angelina/Salt look!!!

It’s pure elegance/perfection in a very simple way.

36. Mahima August 18, 2010 at 13:46 #

i prefer this one because its a lot less edgy and more soft. it works for her

37. harris August 18, 2010 at 14:27 #

i think her hair looks like Sarah Palin.

38. Cristina August 18, 2010 at 15:11 #

Gorgeous! She looks stunning. Definitely BDOTW!!!

39. robbie August 18, 2010 at 15:42 #

she looks amazing. im just glad she has quite the lockets of hair around her neck and vials of blood on a necklace.

40. Si August 19, 2010 at 00:19 #

I prefer the London dress for BDOTW!

41. mari August 19, 2010 at 04:53 #

BDOTW!

42. frank August 19, 2010 at 09:38 #

that is interesting!~

43. lou August 19, 2010 at 23:42 #

I don’t actually like this look on Angelina – I don’t feel like she looks 100% comfortable in the dress and I think the hairstyle ages her