“Salt” London Premiere – Leona Lewis In William Tempest

It wasn’t only Angelina Jolie who was supporting a British designer on the red carpet at the “Salt” London Premiere last night.

Leona Lewis was too.

The singer wore a William Tempest Fall 2010 strapless mini dress with a sculptural detail which runs from the bodice down the skirt.

I love the dress on the model, but I have several issues with it on Leona.

Firstly, if you’re going wear a dress like this you don’t pose with your hand on your hips crushing the detail.

Secondly, the tights.

Yes it feels more like Autumn than Summer at the moment in London, but if those kids behind you can wait for hours for your arrival in tee shirts surely you could’ve gone sans tights Leona.

Finally, and most importantly.

If you going to go high fashion do the dress justice by wearing a decent pair of heels.

Where are those from? “Payless Shoes”?

[nggallery id=639]

Credit: Vogue.co.uk, Fame Pictures & Bauer Griffin

In Lady GaGa's Closet - Valentino Leather Coat

In Lady GaGa’s Closet – Valentino Leather Coat

"Salt" Paris Premiere - Angelina Jolie In Pamella Roland

“Salt” Paris Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Pamella Roland

28 Responses to “Salt” London Premiere – Leona Lewis In William Tempest

1. pipsqueak August 17, 2010 at 19:10 #

I’d add a fourth – learn how to pose from Victoria B. I know at times we’re tired of VB’s pose, but she really knows how to elongate her legs through shoes and poses, even though I think she has nice legs. But Leona … with those tights and shoes, you could’ve used a proper pose to redeem yourself. I like the dress itself.

• Hannah August 17, 2010 at 19:41 #

Agree, she has NOpresence in her poses. I will ad a fifth, Iron your dress (she may havebeen sittingon the way, but even the top is creased), especially when it is angular, and satin.

• HM August 18, 2010 at 04:17 #

Mind if I add a sixth? WHAT IS UP WITH THE LIPSTICK?! My eyes were pulled to that tacky pink lips of hers…such a lovely dress, who could have done soo much damage could be done?

P.S. Payless shoes? She might have as well gone bare-foot..BWAHAHAHAHA!

2. Mario August 17, 2010 at 19:24 #

Oh my God did she get another nose job?! And I can swear that chin is NOT the same!

3. Helen August 17, 2010 at 19:38 #

From the waist up she looks great,the rest.. not so much.

4. moja31 August 17, 2010 at 20:08 #

she seems like a lovely girl, and i know she can look good as she’s done it before, but i hate the tights, hate the shoes, hate the overly blond hair that hangs like curtains, and kind of hate the makeup. i like the dress though, and the color.
    oh and she might just be a candidate for the worst poser ever; she’s managed to pull off both the “hey i’m bowlegged” pose, and the “little girl who needs to pee” pose.

5. Lee Ann August 17, 2010 at 20:08 #

Payless shoes-priceless comment but spot on

6. Fraser August 17, 2010 at 20:44 #

Poor Leona! This dress should be perfect for her…soft and architectural and a colour that should pop but as we know, just putting on a fierce dress doesn’t make you fierce.

Back to the drawing board.

7. Brooke August 17, 2010 at 20:49 #

I feel a tad sorry for Leona – she obviously dresses her legs this way because she is self-conscious about them. Unfortunately the tights only serve to emphasize them rather than hide them.

I think the differences in her face point more toward thinnification than surgery; in these photos she is noticeably more slender than I’ve ever seen her.

• Mol August 17, 2010 at 21:58 #

I think your analysis is spot on!

8. lukie August 17, 2010 at 20:54 #

Speaking of “Salt”, Angelina Jolie totally redeemed herself at the France premiere she looked gorgeous!

9. Eris August 17, 2010 at 20:58 #

Why ? This dress could have worked so great ! This green is so perfect against her skin color… And there she goes with these tight and those awefull shoes.

Plus she broke the details putting her hand on her waist. Sad. Really sad.

10. Nikki August 17, 2010 at 21:04 #

Lol Agreed on all statements. I will say that i do like her eyeliner paired with the dress tho.

• Fiona August 18, 2010 at 06:35 #

Me too – love the makeup.

11. Ev August 17, 2010 at 21:26 #

Obviously if you can go out with bare shoulders you can also ditch the tights. And if you can’t live withough tights, why can’t they be of a lighter color, nude maybe?
    I am sorry, the dress is beautiful but Leona doesn’t do it any justice :( Her hair and makeup are nice though.

12. justme August 18, 2010 at 00:53 #

She’s lost a lot of weight so it might be time to stop with the tights :/

13. mochababe73 August 18, 2010 at 02:09 #

Hate the black pantyhose. I find them too sheer to be tights.
    I like the dress on her. She looks pretty.

14. shruti August 18, 2010 at 05:28 #

She looks great except for the shoes. This is one of her better looks. I love the dress. Beautiful colour on her. Sexier shoes would’ve made this a perfect look. I don’t think the tights would’ve bothered our eyes too much if the shoes were better.

15. kiwi August 18, 2010 at 10:15 #

Nice dress, but its a dead look coz of all the reasons mentioned by FC+ more as mentioned in comments above

16. Pat McNulty August 18, 2010 at 12:12 #

I knew as soon as I saw this you’d hate the tights CK! I LOVE this dress tho. Totally heart William Tempest and despite comment above I think the clashing coral lipstick is a total winner. But the tights – WHY WHY WHY????

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 12:17 #

Haa..you know me so well.

Why why why??? indeed

17. Liz August 18, 2010 at 15:28 #

Love everything except the tights
    She has lost so much weight!

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2010 at 15:52 #

A LOT of weight.

18. robbie August 18, 2010 at 15:43 #

again she has ZERO personality and she always looks like a mannequin, plus the tights and shoes *cries*

19. SarahV August 18, 2010 at 23:10 #

NO! Esp the shoes and tights…
    Waste of a great dress I would’ve loved to see Tilda or Thandie Newton in..

20. happyfeet August 19, 2010 at 08:51 #

i can’t believe you made that comment about payless shoes. nothing is wrong with payless shoes. you should be more careful with your words

• Fashion Critic August 19, 2010 at 09:06 #

I will do no such thing.

This is my blog and I will say what I like when I like

You have no right to tell me otherwise

21. Idealist August 20, 2010 at 08:00 #

Lord if this child dn’t tk off them granny stockings! I wouldn’t even call them tights cuz @ least tights r a thicker & darker blk these r sheer hoisery! ugh