“Salt” London Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Amanda Wakeley

I love that Angelina Jolie wore a British designer on the red carpet for the “Salt” London Premiere in Leicester Square tonight.

The actress looked beautiful in her Amanda Wakeley Fall 2010 dress and I’m really diggin’ those bangs.

Her long shimmering embellished dress with a silk shoulder strap was worn without the contrasting silk waistband.

I really wish Angelina had worn the waistband to give her dress more shape.

The pink thin waistband she’s used doesn’t make the same impact as it does on the runway.

Although I think she should’ve executed this look much better, I’m grateful that this isn’t a head-to-toe black look.

Nude patent Ferragamo peep-toe pumps complete the look.

[nggallery id=636]

Credit: Elle.com, Bauer Griffin & Getty

Sarah Hyland In Sass & Bide - 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' LA Premiere

Sarah Hyland In Sass & Bide – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ LA Premiere

"The Switch" LA Premiere - Jennifer Aniston In Lanvin

“The Switch” LA Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Lanvin

45 Responses to “Salt” London Premiere – Angelina Jolie In Amanda Wakeley

1. Leska August 16, 2010 at 19:41 #

OMG isn´t black??? Wowwwww, hehehe. Love it.

2. jadel August 16, 2010 at 19:45 #

omg, this just made my day..angie looks simply stunning, too bad you can’t see close up pics here, you must see close up pics of her beauty, hardly any make up in her skin, flawless,other sites got pics, check them..the dress is lovely as well

cant wait to see her tomorrow in paris and wed in berling, angie simply beautiful inside and out

3. Hisadora August 16, 2010 at 19:46 #

I thought the same thing: OMG THIS IS NOT BLACK. She looks gorgeous, I love this color on her..

4. Elise August 16, 2010 at 19:52 #

She should have worn the black waistband!
    Even if it is not a black dress, she looks boring like always. She always choose the same type of dress!

5. Vidhya August 16, 2010 at 19:57 #

i went thru all the images on getty.. she looks very beautiful.. but the dress really needs some definition and structure.. maybe a bigger belt.. she looks pregnant.. :(

6. mimi August 16, 2010 at 19:59 #

the color is amazing on her but she looks like she is pregnant without the black waistband. besides I hate her bangs

7. Marvel August 16, 2010 at 20:00 #

I dont know how I feel about this. The dress just hangs off her and she isnt selling it to me. Maybe a sassier pose would have me shouting out for this to be BDOTW.

8. jadel August 16, 2010 at 20:02 #

yes Vidhya, the first that came to my head when i saw her was “is angie pregnant”? that glow and fullness of the face is very telling..

i also checked getty, the dress from different angle is stunning

9. Hermione Weasley August 16, 2010 at 20:12 #

This is beautiful! I love it.

10. lukie August 16, 2010 at 20:15 #

I would have preferred a black leather strapless Versace dress over this mess any day. She looks like she is pregnant and trying to hide it, she also needs to get that hair under control! I tried to love it I really did but in the end this is 2 thumbs down :(
    I will give her props though for wearing a british designer :)

11. sushma August 16, 2010 at 20:34 #

I think I’m the only one who saw this and thought “My goodness, she looks a mess”. I usually LOVE her look but for this one the dress just hangs off her – she doesn’t do anything for it and vice versa. I think it is really great that she wore a British designer for the London premiere though. That’s pretty thoughtful of her or her stylist. The hair doesn’t suit the dress at all either – just looks a mess. I think the hair would have looked a lot better with a shorter dress perhaps. Bit disappointed. :-(

• vicky August 16, 2010 at 21:16 #

ITA… No, no, no from me, again.

• chryssa August 16, 2010 at 23:25 #

ITA ..she doesn’t pull off that pretty dress!

• b August 17, 2010 at 04:19 #

Dittto!

I think it’s just .. there.

Nothing special

• Ally August 17, 2010 at 12:39 #

Yeah, not a fan at all. It just looks like a silver bedspread that she wrapped around herself. And is she wearing a wig??

• Fashion Critic August 17, 2010 at 12:42 #

12. Thaysa August 16, 2010 at 20:36 #

She looks gorgeous!!!! and i’m happy that she doesn’t wearing black!

13. Holie August 16, 2010 at 20:36 #

Wow, that chick does not age well.The dress looks not good on her. Maybe because of the person who wears it.

14. Moxie August 16, 2010 at 20:42 #

Love the color and shading, but the dress is just hanging lifeless off of her. She needed the waistband.

15. Hannah August 16, 2010 at 20:53 #

I miss the old angie. Sure it is a nice change from black, but it is underwhelming, sheispretty and she is wearing a pretty dress. There is noattitude or anything. I would call it limp. The dress and she can do much better.

16. Pati August 16, 2010 at 21:19 #

I don´t think I can ever enjoy her look as she´s alll bones! And I rally dislike her tatoos! But I absolutely love her make-up.

17. moja31 August 16, 2010 at 21:44 #

it’s very pretty on the runway, but the way she’s worn it makes it look as though she’s wearing a shiny sheet, held up by ace bandages.
    she’s also too pale, and too skinny; if anyone could use a dose of hollywood’s favorite spray tan, it’s her.

18. Ev August 16, 2010 at 22:07 #

I like that she wore a British designer, but that’s it. I don’t think that shimmering clothes are made for day light and this particular dress (as worn without a wider belt) looks like shiny curtain draped around her body. Her makeup is nice but I also really wish she’d done something with her hair.

19. Lee Ann August 16, 2010 at 22:37 #

I think the way you do. It’s nice she isn’t wearing black and it’s nice that she is wearing a British designer. But let’s face it she would look good in a sac. Oh whoops she is wearing one.
    Probably wanted to out shine Jennifer who needs a man to get preggers Aniston by appearing with child which is pretty spectacular given how thin she is. Not a great advertisement for Amanda Wakely.

20. Tania August 16, 2010 at 22:50 #

Only thing I like about it is that it is not black!

21. Sedamar Esaki August 16, 2010 at 22:56 #

I love it! Really gorgeous.

22. Lily August 16, 2010 at 23:21 #

Horrendous! I really don’t know what to say. This is incredibly unflattering but it looks beautiful on the model.

23. Si August 16, 2010 at 23:52 #

Wow! It’s gorgeous. She really should’ve worn it with the waist band though.

24. Amy August 17, 2010 at 00:10 #

I’m sorry but I just can’t get past those awful bangs of hers. It doesn’t matter what she wears – all I see is those bangs! They don’t suit her at all, physically or her personality.

25. Mol August 17, 2010 at 00:18 #

I wonder if she is pregnant – the wider waistband would have made it more obvious perhaps…..love the shimmery color, but the fit is so very badly off…..she is beautiful though, and I don’t mind her hair

26. Laura August 17, 2010 at 01:01 #

I don’t like this at all. Angelina’s one of the skinniest actresses out there and this dress widens her. That is no good at all. On the model, the dress appears to hang right next to the skin. On Angie, it appears there are some extra layers or something. I like it on the model better. And Angelina wearing nude isn’t anything to jump up and down for. I liked the red Versace better.

27. Linda August 17, 2010 at 01:32 #

It looks a lot better than what she usually wears. I agree with FC about the black belt.

28. KateS August 17, 2010 at 02:14 #

It looks kind of nightgowny and washes her out – I vote nay.

29. Jen August 17, 2010 at 02:57 #

I really like the delicate palette and the softly styled hair. I agree about the waistband, and I’m also wondering if having her hair in front of her shoulders is making her shoulders look hunched. She somehow does not look relaxed.

30. mari August 17, 2010 at 03:07 #

She looks pretty! needs more definition in the waist area, though.
    no, she is not tanning as you can see, she seems to take care of her skin instead.
    I do not see any bones protuding, on the opposite, she looks with better weight than even in the salt movie and more so than in the changeling. HEr forearms do not have much fat, they are thin, but not even her legs are that thin anymore. I suggest glasses for some posters.

31. mochababe73 August 17, 2010 at 03:23 #

Not a fan of this dress on her at all. I love the look on the model. Unfortunately, it falls flat on her.
    The dress may as well have been on a hanger for all of the personality that she’s giving it.

32. kiwi August 17, 2010 at 06:42 #

She really needed a waist band.. but she is glowing and her face is fuller. I love her hair

33. Z Fashion Blog August 17, 2010 at 06:53 #

I loved her look, but I also agree that she should have worn the black waistband.

It would have given more contrast and shape to the dress.

34. dag August 17, 2010 at 08:14 #

well, I wish she would wear something black

35. gossip_bangkok August 17, 2010 at 08:40 #

I’m really glad she wore something non-black this time. Her hair-do is beautiful! :) Love it

I too wish that there was a belt to give the dress more refine shape.

However, I think Angelina still looked amazing in this!

36. Vidhya August 17, 2010 at 08:56 #

i wait months and months.. jen and angie same day premieres.. wondering who is gonna knock me off my feet.. and both of them r so blah… c;mon FC.. im waiting for the nude bustier black skirt jen LA premiere post…

37. Lee Ann August 17, 2010 at 11:09 #

Maybe they should have gone to specsavers

38. pipsqueak August 17, 2010 at 16:07 #

Big things happened when I went on vacation – Angie’s back on the red carpet! I can’t say I love this gown or her bangs – she looked like her character in Alexander. I like the look just fine. The most exciting part, however, was the choice of a lesser known, unexpected designer. I googled Wakeley just now … oh, I love her design!

39. Sandi August 17, 2010 at 17:08 #

gown is shapeless and boring. . ..

40. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 11:22 #

Wow, she looked like a Grecian Goddess! ^_^ Very lovely and so beautiful!