Mary-Kate Olsen For Marie Claire US September 2010

Mary-Kate Olsen appears on 3 covers for the Marie Claire US September 2010 issue.

I’m not a fan of multiple covers, because the cover I want is never available in my newsagent.

My favourite is the Pucci cover. Mostly because of the stunning dress, but also because she’s teasing us with a rare smile.

On the other covers which – were shot by Tesh MK wears a military Burberry Prorsum coat and a sequined Gucci dress with feathered sleeves.

The young designer talks to Marie Claire about talks about her fast-paced lifestyle, running a fashion house in New York City, The Row, her passion for clothing, losing her friend Heath Ledger and how she feels about having been a child actor.

You can read more at MarieClaire.com. Here are some extracts.

On loving her fashion lines: “It’s kind of like a mask to hide behind.”

On her childhood: [She and her sister were like] “little monkey performers.”

On her childhood memories: “I look at old photos of me, and I don’t feel connected to them at all… I would never wish my upbringing on anyone…”

On learning to seek professional help when she needs it: “I think it’s really important to be able to talk when something’s wrong. I learned at a really young age that if you don’t talk about it, it can drive you insane.”

Credit: Style.com & Tesh for Marie Claire

25th Annual Imagen Awards - America Ferrera In Malandrino

25th Annual Imagen Awards – America Ferrera In Malandrino

Breakthrough Of The Year Awards – Jessica Szohr In Ruby Smallbone

Breakthrough Of The Year Awards – Jessica Szohr In Ruby Smallbone

16 Responses to Mary-Kate Olsen For Marie Claire US September 2010

1. evanthe August 16, 2010 at 17:01 #

Wow, she really looks like a grown up woman. I always felt like the Olsens were my little sisters that I couldn’t see as an adult.

It’s kinda sad how she felt she wouldn’t wish her upbringing to anyone. :(

2. Ev August 16, 2010 at 17:41 #

I love the Gucci cover most of all but I also like Marc Jacobs photo a lot. I’ve never seen her looking so much a grown up woman. Although I have to admit, I would really like to see her smiling more :)

3. Mario August 16, 2010 at 17:55 #

Wow, that shoot is stunning. Who was the stylist?

4. Hannah August 16, 2010 at 17:55 #

She looks the smae in all the photos, but no matter, because shelooks amazing. My favourite is the burberry one, becasue she looks so different to the conventional cover, in addition to bringing out her eyes.

5. xoxo August 16, 2010 at 17:57 #

I love the givenchy look. I used to love mk`s way of dressing in 2006 and 2007 with the skinny jeans and the hair and the layering but now she sorta looks like a bad lady. What I love about the editorial is that it takes mk’s quirkyness and turns it into a fashionable piece

6. Marvel August 16, 2010 at 20:04 #

I do adore the the Marc Jacobs look. She looks so purtty

7. shaun August 16, 2010 at 20:16 #

the jewelery in this photo shoot is amazing as well. her bracelets and rings in that Valli picture are out of this world

8. Mol August 17, 2010 at 00:31 #

I love the Marc Jacobs image – feel like there is a whole movie script in that one shot.

9. V August 17, 2010 at 02:44 #

In the Givenchy shot i swear i thought she was Carrie Bradshaw for a second, lol.

10. kiwi August 17, 2010 at 06:54 #

I only like the Pucci picture coz her hair is not looking its normal messy self and she is smiling a bit.. otherwise not at all a fan of the twins’ style at all. The Marc jacobs photo is also decent

11. gossip_bangkok August 17, 2010 at 08:43 #

I love the Burberry coat. I like the Marc Jacob’s picture best.

12. Lora August 17, 2010 at 11:28 #

The Givenchy and the Marc Jacobs are my favourite looks. I love MK and Ashley, they have incredible style and that ‘I don’t give a s**t” attitude which helps them carry off avant garde looks with aplomb

13. mikeijames August 17, 2010 at 16:49 #

thank you for posting this….she looks absolutely radiant in pucci on the cover.

14. Sophia August 18, 2010 at 11:58 #

The pictures are very beautiful and so are Mary-Kate’s outfits.
    I’m a huge fan of the Olsen twins, their clothing lines and their fashion tastes, of course. I think MK and Ashley are the best-dressed celebrities (I hate this word! ^_^) because both of them have a very unique yet classic style. In fact, they don’t need tiny outfits or something like that because their amazingly pretty and very talented.

15. Raquel August 19, 2010 at 02:10 #

Smile? Where? :)

16. Fatima khan October 28, 2010 at 04:13 #

they have good taste of style.