“Apollo In The Hamptons At The Creeks” – Mary J Blige In Alexander McQueen

Sam Moore, Jon Bon Jovi, John Legend, Mary J. Blige and Chuck Jackson performed at the ‘Apollo In The Hamptons at The Creeks’ this weekend in East Hampton, New York to help raise money for the Apollo Foundation.

Mary rocked the crowds wearing an Alexander McQueen fox print dress from the Pre-Fall 2010 collection.

The dress has sculptured shoulder pads and draping on the hips giving Mary a defined silhouette.

The singer paired her dress with Christian Louboutin ‘Luly’ sandals, a silver cuff and a stunning silver statement necklace which perfects her on stage look.

Mary maybe taking time-out from singing, as she’ll soon start filming her Nina Simone biopic which I’m really excited to see.

Credit: Alexander McQueen.com & Getty

In Mary J Blige's Closet - Alexander McQueen Fox Print Dress

In Mary J Blige’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Fox Print Dress

25th Annual Imagen Awards - America Ferrera In Malandrino

25th Annual Imagen Awards – America Ferrera In Malandrino

8 Responses to “Apollo In The Hamptons At The Creeks” – Mary J Blige In Alexander McQueen

1. Lee Ann August 16, 2010 at 15:14 #

To me this is not a dress a singer wears in the Hamptons at her concert. Too officey and what’s with the nurse shoes? This is just too structured and conservative-maybe she was singing to a group of Hedge fund managers.

2. mochababe73 August 16, 2010 at 15:41 #

I don’t like this as a performance outfit. She looks like a lady who lunches.

3. mm August 16, 2010 at 16:30 #

I am cant get over the bowl cut yet. Mary works so hard. But to play Nina Simone, i agree she could pull of the vocals but Mary will have to work on her speech and not doing all that blinking when she talks. Nina had a very distinctive speaking and singing voice. So i am somewhat nervous about this biopic. But i love Mary so hope she pulls it off!

• Mol August 16, 2010 at 17:36 #

I hope she does too, but I think you have pinpointed some problem areas. I hate the bowl cut too…….

4. Z Fashion Blog August 16, 2010 at 16:47 #

Love the McQueen dress!
    Not very sure about the white shoes but it’s nice for a change.

5. Idealist August 16, 2010 at 19:07 #

In 1 of my magazines I read, Mary said that she didn’t wear louboutins bcuz they don’t fit her feet. I’m glad she finally found a pair that worked! No woman shud b deprived of a louboutin lol

6. Marvel August 16, 2010 at 20:08 #

I adore the style of the dress and the print but I dont know if I like it together.

7. Symon August 16, 2010 at 23:51 #

the shoe choice look so tacky to me…